gym showers weird question

Brandon_Trus

Just Browsing
Media
was thinking how male showers are open and all and at many gyms they allow under 18 yr old to join well they want to shower to do you guys think it should be okay to shower or let your junk all hang out in front of them personaly i think it is okay we all have the same stuff

Last edited:

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
At the gym showers, pPersonally I let "my junk" hang out in front of most guys but when it comes to somebody who is obviously younger than 18 y/o I feel uncomfortable. I try my best to cover or be modest in such a way that I am not "showing off" what I've got. If a young man sees my nakedness just by coincidence, there is nothing to be concerned about, but if I purposely show him more and more, THEN that is TOTALLY wrong.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
It's a shower at a gym - don't you think everybody expects naked people ?

Unless you're doing something inappropriate for the surroundings, you have nothing to worry about.

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At the gym showers, pPersonally I let "my junk" hang out in front of most guys but when it comes to somebody who is obviously younger than 18 y/o I feel uncomfortable. I try my best to cover or be modest in such a way that I am not "showing off" what I've got. If a young man sees my nakedness just by coincidence, there is nothing to be concerned about, but if I purposely show him more and more, THEN that is TOTALLY wrong.

I feel the same. I'd distinguish between guys who are around 18 and those who are less than 15. From 15 to 18 it is ok,i don't feel uncomfortable(i'm 22). Under 15 they are children to me,so i feel like you said. So,yes i can take a shower naked with no problem,but i try not to brag or show off too much. I feel it is also respectful towards them to behave so. I must anyway admit that I have never seen at any gym or pool boys under 14 taking common showers in the lockers. And for sure not naked!
For what concerns showering with adults i pretty like it. I love showing off my tool and also i think it is very normal and pleasing to shower naked with other men. It is something that pleases both straight and gay guys.
Also I see it like very normal. We have the same thing between our legs!yeah different size and shape but we're made just the same.
I must say i get pretty horny after showering at gym with other guys...I almost do it every day!:)

curiouscam

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My main purpose for going to the gym is to work out. If I just so happen to hit the showers before I leave (which is most time) the only thing I am thinking of is showering and going home. Lots of guys walk around junk swinging in the showers and it's really not a big deal. It's rare that I see any young guys(18 and under) ever shower nude. Honestly though, even if there were it wouldn't even be an issue. You know what you are going to find in a men's shower/locker room...Naked men. :tongue:

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
when I went to gyms in the last century there were no hang ups about males of any age using the locker rooms. after all, if the parent didn't want his/her son to "see" they had the choice of keeping him out of the locker room. we've evolved into a country of people with a near fatal sense of false modesty.

craig_uk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There is nothing wrong with children seeing naked adults. I have no problem with anybody of any age seeing me naked at the gym or the pool but then I'm not intending to have sex or masturbate in the showers at the pool.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
when I went to gyms in the last century there were no hang ups about males of any age using the locker rooms. after all, if the parent didn't want his/her son to "see" they had the choice of keeping him out of the locker room. we've evolved into a country of people with a near fatal sense of false modesty.

Totally agree and if they do send thier sons there, don't force your false sense of modesity on the rest of us.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is nothing wrong with children seeing naked adults. I have no problem with anybody of any age seeing me naked at the gym or the pool but then I'm not intending to have sex or masturbate in the showers at the pool.
Exactly. When I go to the water park and change afterward, I'm just there to rinse off the chlorine and get dressed. No big deal.

B_Hey22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You might get weird looks from younger kids curiosity but I don't think they would ever do anything they are probably afraid as it is.

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
man, I gotta say it seems to me sex-phobic to stress out about whether or not a boy is gonna see a mature man naked. Im sure that's gone on throughout history without any repercussions. Of course Im just talking about SEEING a naked male body -- am NOT condoning any kind of eroticism.
I know when I was a kid, I was curious to see naked adult mens' bodies -- not from lust, but from an innocent desire to see how my own body would mature. there was a time when I was very confused about this,and it was truly interesting and helpful to know. As I started adolescence, the changes werent surprising -- but rather expected, and exciting. Never had any misconception anything was "wrong" with me physically.
Flip side: don't you think, if boys were deliberately prevented form ever seeing adult men nude, they might grow up feeling there was something inherently shameful about it?

pierced4fun

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All they gyms I have been to are restricted to members 18 and over....so never been something I have thought about.....However, I don't think I would be uncomfortable with someone young seeing me since I am not interested in young guys.....now....for a hot guy who IS attractive in my mind....that would make me very uncomfortable.....especially if I got 'turned on' by him seeing me :D

ftlauderdale_frank

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
These are LOCKER ROOM SHOWERS!! People go there to change and shower. No big deal. I grew up in the Mid West and we all went to the YMCA before these trendy gyms. We all ran around naked and showered together. NO BIG DEAL. As a matter of fact we even had a all men's swim nights when only men in the pool area and most swam naked. Again, it was normal and no big deal.
Everyone today has there underwear bunched up their ass. What the heck, we are all males....we all have the same junk. As long as people are not inappropriate in the locker room/shower area (sex/JO)...then having all ages should be OK. Children have no problems seeing or being naked. WE idiot adults teach them to be ashamed. We are the perverted ones trying to grope others in public areas. As I said in another post, if you feel the need to have sex with another -GET A ROOM! No one wants or needs to see that shit in a public locker room.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
man, I gotta say it seems to me sex-phobic to stress out about whether or not a boy is gonna see a mature man naked. Im sure that's gone on throughout history without any repercussions. Of course Im just talking about SEEING a naked male body -- am NOT condoning any kind of eroticism.
I know when I was a kid, I was curious to see naked adult mens' bodies -- not from lust, but from an innocent desire to see how my own body would mature. there was a time when I was very confused about this,and it was truly interesting and helpful to know. As I started adolescence, the changes werent surprising -- but rather expected, and exciting. Never had any misconception anything was "wrong" with me physically.
Flip side: don't you think, if boys were deliberately prevented form ever seeing adult men nude, they might grow up feeling there was something inherently shameful about it?

Well said uwsswimguy, and there are several threads on this topic and the symptom that it represents in our society today. Nudity does not equal sex! It is normal and I believe important for young men and boys of any age to see their fathers, uncles, brothers, peers and even other men naked in appropriate settings like locker rooms, camping with the guys or whatever. My experience was similar to uwsswimguy and I am grateful to my male mentors that this is what was modeled for me. uwsswimguy's "flip side" hypothetical suggestions seems to be what we are experiencing today with young men and boys demonstrated fear, embarrassment, shame and discomfort about nudity amongst other men.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Well said uwsswimguy, and there are several threads on this topic and the symptom that it represents in our society today. Nudity does not equal sex! It is normal and I believe important for young men and boys of any age to see their fathers, uncles, brothers, peers and even other men naked in appropriate settings like locker rooms, camping with the guys or whatever. My experience was similar to uwsswimguy and I am grateful to my male mentors that this is what was modeled for me. uwsswimguy's "flip side" hypothetical suggestions seems to be what we are experiencing today with young men and boys demonstrated fear, embarrassment, shame and discomfort about nudity amongst other men.

No nuditry does not equal sex but after reading many posts here i would be concerned about my child being in the showers by himself. Most gyms have a minimum age requirement of 16. I would have no concerns about my kids at 16. they will be able to handle any situation that arose in a locker room. including kicking a little ass if need be.

by the way discomfort does not equal shame or emarrasment.

Last edited: