gym showers weird question

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've not seen much discussion of my issue but I think it is common place regardless.
I'm talking about the young guys who make a concerted effort to see mine (and others, too) and show theirs. Most often it will be a gang of kiddos who are are on the same high school sports team and one or more father will let them tag along while he is doing his thing. They work out but seem to get a special joy out of hanging out and engaging in horse play (nude) while in the wet areas.
It is also obvious when one of the kids finds another member noteworthy. They don't even have to say anything. Their body language says it all. And, for the record, these young guys are the hot studs on their teams. "Everyone" knows they are straight. Back here in this third-world state that just wouldn't be tolerated!

monsternmypant

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Flip side: don't you think, if boys were deliberately prevented form ever seeing adult men nude, they might grow up feeling there was something inherently shameful about it?

Well said! It amazes me that, in the midst of sexual revolution upon revolution, men can remain so removed from the tribalism of our sex, including nudity in front of other men and boys. The knowledge of diversity in the form of male bodies informs young minds, providing many with reassurance, some with masturbation material, and others with ennui. For those of us who are markedly different than our peers--whether in penis size, testicular size, body hair covering, height, or weight--seeing elders like us tells us that like goes on.

As for reactions to "what ifs" about looks or commentary from children, I imagine that much of this talk is projecting about either one's own discomfort to responding as a stranger or as a parent. My older brother taught me a good reaction to these situations when I was 11 and he was 15 during the summer at the local pool. A boy who may have been 4 or 5 screamed something about the size of Pete's penis to his father in the shower. Pete laughed and squatted down to look the boy is his eye, putting his right palm out to face the boy and placing the boy's left palm against it. "You know, I might not be as smart as you, or as nice, but see how big my hand is?" The boy nodded affirmatively. "But who do you want to be when you grow up, you or me?" "ME!!" the boy declared.

laxboy88

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In this one gym near where i live that also has a pool, there are seperate lockerrooms for under 18 and over 18. I've been in both, and i find it funny that the under 18's showers are open and the over 18 has individual stalls
anyone else find that weird??

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
mothers who bring young sons to the gym without a dad have a dilemma: bring the kid into the ladies locker room and horribly scar him for a lifetime with the sight of a naked woman... or send him into the mens locker room and horribly scar him for a lifetime with the sight of a naked man. :eek:mfg:

Cockmo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
man, I gotta say it seems to me sex-phobic to stress out about whether or not a boy is gonna see a mature man naked. Im sure that's gone on throughout history without any repercussions. Of course Im just talking about SEEING a naked male body -- am NOT condoning any kind of eroticism.
I know when I was a kid, I was curious to see naked adult mens' bodies -- not from lust, but from an innocent desire to see how my own body would mature. there was a time when I was very confused about this,and it was truly interesting and helpful to know. As I started adolescence, the changes werent surprising -- but rather expected, and exciting. Never had any misconception anything was "wrong" with me physically.
Flip side: don't you think, if boys were deliberately prevented form ever seeing adult men nude, they might grow up feeling there was something inherently shameful about it?

But I always wanted my Dad to have the biggest cock. As it turned out, I had the biggest cock - even as young as 17. That was when I KNEW I had some serious equipment. Man, I popped a bonner almost every time in those showers - but, hey, I was young and VERY PROUD.

lowellstud

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Stamford, Connecticut, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was at the gym tonight-In the Mens Locker Room, there is a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, as well as separate shower stalls. I was in the jacuzzi, and this guy that I talk to every once in awhile joined me in the jacuzzi. After a few short time, he asked if "9 minutes" had gone by yet. I asked him why 9 minutes, and he said that his doctor told him that if he spends 9 minutes in a jacuzzi, it will kill all his sperm for the night. He then told me that he always goes in the jacuzzi after a workout, and then goes to his girlfriend's house. This way, he can "bust a nut" inside his girlfriend, and she won't get pregnant.
The next thing you know, one of the shower curtains whips open, and this father and his 2 kids, probably 2 & 3 years old come out, and the father starts yelling about how inappropriate the conversation was, especially around kids. The guy I was talking to totally flips out and tells the guy to "bring his kids to the YMCA instead of a man's gym like this". The father starts yelling back and then a few other guys start getting in on the screaming match.
The thing is, nobody knew kids were in the shower stall. Had he known, I'm sure he would have curbed his conversation. However, adult conversation of ALL KINDS does occur in the locker room, and this is the chance you take when you bring children into this kind of setting. It's a situation like this that makes me think that there should be a separate area for young kids. Maybe for 13 and under?

S

SirConcis

When I was a kid, I went to a pool to learn to swim and continued to go with friends afrerwards. There were adults and kids our age in the locker room. No big deal. Yeah, we looked because the adult equipment was so much bigger than ours. But there was no big deal about it. Nothing traumatic. Heck, I even saw the then prime minister of québec naked in shower. The pool was a high school pool though. But open to the public during weekends.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
After a few short time, he asked if "9 minutes" had gone by yet. I asked him why 9 minutes, and he said that his doctor told him that if he spends 9 minutes in a jacuzzi, it will kill all his sperm for the night. He then told me that he always goes in the jacuzzi after a workout, and then goes to his girlfriend's house. This way, he can "bust a nut" inside his girlfriend, and she won't get pregnant.

1- That's the second-worst birth control plan I have ever heard.

2- It is a locker room. Guys hang there, shower, do naked stuff, talk. Parents need to think about this when deciding whether to bring in their kids.

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
Well, in that case, the father is in TOTAL ERROR! It is his fault!

The problem here is that there is always some one who is into young children. (child molestors). That is why I see innappropiate to bring small children with no supervision. They could be YOUR children, nephews, etc.

I was at the gym tonight-In the Mens Locker Room, there is a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, as well as separate shower stalls. I was in the jacuzzi, and this guy that I talk to every once in awhile joined me in the jacuzzi. After a few short time, he asked if "9 minutes" had gone by yet. I asked him why 9 minutes, and he said that his doctor told him that if he spends 9 minutes in a jacuzzi, it will kill all his sperm for the night. He then told me that he always goes in the jacuzzi after a workout, and then goes to his girlfriend's house. This way, he can "bust a nut" inside his girlfriend, and she won't get pregnant.
The next thing you know, one of the shower curtains whips open, and this father and his 2 kids, probably 2 & 3 years old come out, and the father starts yelling about how inappropriate the conversation was, especially around kids. The guy I was talking to totally flips out and tells the guy to "bring his kids to the YMCA instead of a man's gym like this". The father starts yelling back and then a few other guys start getting in on the screaming match.
The thing is, nobody knew kids were in the shower stall. Had he known, I'm sure he would have curbed his conversation. However, adult conversation of ALL KINDS does occur in the locker room, and this is the chance you take when you bring children into this kind of setting. It's a situation like this that makes me think that there should be a separate area for young kids. Maybe for 13 and under?