Gym shrinkage

Anyone else shrink a lot when working out? I’ve recently been using the showers at the Y and while I’m not looking to “show off,” I am a bit embarrassed by how small I often look after a hard cardio session.

Anyone who can commiserate or offer suggestions?

wildcat16

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am the opposite, whether its the gym or our wrestling locker room, no matter how hard the workout, when I free my dick from my jock it plumps up at least a little bit if not more. I have to be careful it isn't too much. I love the feel of air hitting it after being wrapped in a sweaty jock for hours.

Countrythick6

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Definitely normal physiologically. Erections are part of the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest). Blood flow is directed away from those areas during heavy physical activity. Thus guys have small dicks after a good hard workout. Happens to all of us... And I hate it too haha

It's strange that we worry about out dicks looking too small in the locker room when we're older when we worried about our dicks looking too big and sexually aroused in the locker room when we were younger. If I had given my dick a few tugs in the locker room when I was in my 20s, I would have ended up with a raging hard on. I remember that I used to quickly wash my dick in the shower when I was younger because I was worried I'd get hard. Now I can take my time washing my dick without worrying about a hard on. I still get erections and masturbate daily in my early 50s, so it's not that I can't get it up or get aroused anymore. With age comes more control.

summoner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
From my experiences with sports and talking to people, that's what happens to most of us. I kinda envy those guys who stay the same... In the gym I get some mild shrinkage (except when I'm on the adductor machine which turns me on a bit) but nothing compares to long distance running... we're talking baby boy dick... LOL
Same with winter swimming. I used to go winter swimming with a bunch of nudists and most of us would shrink a reasonable degree but there were a couple of guys that looked like nothing could faze their dicks... damn it!

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From my experiences with sports and talking to people, that's what happens to most of us. I kinda envy those guys who stay the same... In the gym I get some mild shrinkage (except when I'm on the adductor machine which turns me on a bit) but nothing compares to long distance running... we're talking baby boy dick... LOL
Same with winter swimming. I used to go winter swimming with a bunch of nudists and most of us would shrink a reasonable degree but there were a couple of guys that looked like nothing could faze their dicks... damn it!
I’ve never attempted winter swimming, but I think I would have done shrinkage then. Makes me shiver just thinking about hitting the water!

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'll have to go hang out without working out and see if I can get plump in the steam. The two gyms I go to now it seems about half the men in the saunas/steam are interested in looking and showing. In the last 10 days I've been shown erections twice by the men next to me, so others definitely don't have this issue.

AMTZ410213

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'll have to go hang out without working out and see if I can get plump in the steam. The two gyms I go to now it seems about half the men in the saunas/steam are interested in looking and showing. In the last 10 days I've been shown erections twice by the men next to me, so others definitely don't have this issue.
I think it’s all mental. Yeah, everyone shrinks up as they exercise, but even after a 5 mile run there are some pics on here that will give me an instant erection.

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I get shrinkage from working out. More so from cardio. By the time I'm done with a warm shower things are back to normal.

I think that this is a very typical thing because I think that the body is shunting blood away from the penis and into the muscles.

AMTZ410213

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think that this is a very typical thing because I think that the body is shunting blood away from the penis and into the muscles.
Exactly!!!

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Same here....more vigour our the exercise the worse the shrinkage....especially like heart pounding almost throw up workouts....wind sprints...sparring...rolling...full court basketball....

On the good side....I don't give a shot about guys in gym locker rooms....in there for a purpose

Plus I am in to women....so dick is usually in "action" mode when cloths come off