Gym shrinkage

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm lifting weights then there really isn't a difference, I might even hang a little more. If I'm running then I shrink up. I wonder if its my body just protecting itself from any damage that might occur from swinging around while running.

thick_

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Anyone else shrink a lot when working out? I’ve recently been using the showers at the Y and while I’m not looking to “show off,” I am a bit embarrassed by how small I often look after a hard cardio session.

Anyone who can commiserate or offer suggestions?

Yes same here except being embarrassed, after my shower all is fine.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Make sure you are staying properly hydrated during very heavy or sustained cardio. All that water you sweat out has to come from somewhere. If you have access to a good scale, adjust your fluid intake during exercise so that your weight after and before are about equal. (A quart of water is about 2 lbs.) Read the labels, avoid so-called sport drinks that have more sugar than Coca-Cola, but you do need to replenish electrolytes. All those people who are so proud that they lost 4 lbs in an hour on the StairMaster today are fooling themselves; it's mostly dehydration, and the weight will be back in the morning. One of the less serious consequences of dehydration is that your dick may temporarily shrivel up and even stop working until you get the fluid volume back up. Having landed myself in the hospital a few times, I can vouch that there can be more serious consequences as well. (But going from 265 to 180 lbs was sort of worth it; sadly as I've aged and sustained some injuries, quite a bit of it has come back.)

hot showers

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I get the worst shrinkage after a workout but I am not really embarrassed I rock it. I still walk around nude, let’s other guys think what they want
Same here. I used to fluff, but now I'd rather them see it a bit shrunken than be seen fluffing. Since my gym has open showers and has towels available at the wet area, I'm typically naked for an extended stretch, so there's a good chance that anyone who sees my penis at its most shrunken state will also see it several more times after it has worked itself back to its more typical flaccid state

Sherwood D. Likelym

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Interesting observation from @hot showers - my gym is the only place that I can enjoy my exhibitionism habit during winter weather. From observing other guys' cocks, I've realized watching a flaccid cock expand is the beauty of nature. Most guys at my gym attempt to keep their cocks from being observed, but those who are comfortable with nudity understand their cock's physiology, and are not concerned about size appearance. I have to be careful about "fluffing", because my flaccid cock hangs in excess of 5", and any growth could be misinterpreted:blush:.

D

deleted645791

I pull on mine a few times discreetly over my shorts on my way back to my locker if I'm having major post-cardio shrinkage. If I have to pee, I give it a few more shakes then needed to get the blood flow going. It's annoying and I don't know of any way to prevent it. But once I've been in the sauna a bit or take a hot shower, everything hangs low again. I envy hung dudes who always have an extra big floppy dick no matter how intense they work out.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yep. I posted about this a couple of days ago on a different thread. I shrink terribly and it lasts for a while, no matter what I do.

I get jealous of @AlphaMale (in a joking way).He shrinks a bit too, but a quick trip to the urinal, a couple tugs, and he's back to normal. Punk! lol

milo1730

Loved Member
Media
Hoffman Estates (Illinois, United States)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Same here. I used to fluff, but now I'd rather them see it a bit shrunken than be seen fluffing. Since my gym has open showers and has towels available at the wet area, I'm typically naked for an extended stretch, so there's a good chance that anyone who sees my penis at its most shrunken state will also see it several more times after it has worked itself back to its more typical flaccid state
Funny....That’s my story as well. I was guilty of fluffing mine when nobody was looking just for the long naked walk to the showers. Our locker room has mirrors in each area and you have to think twice because someone could possibly see you from another area in those mirrors.

Sherwood D. Likelym

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Recent frigid weather has led me to view my cock as "more shrunken" in the locker room. Very few mirrors exist to view our lower extremities, so I've been fluffing my cock more frequently during the past week. Very few guys around yesterday, and I managed to get a locker close-by a full length mirror. Feeling "shrunken", I was prepared to fluff, but the visual from the mirror impressed me to refrain. My shrunken cock is cute. I discovered more guys gazing at my shrunken cock than guys staring at my partial boner.