Gym/Sweat on Equipment Question.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
Okay is it just me? Why do people get all bent out of shape if a few beads of sweat are on the equipment you just used? I was on the treadmill,,and excuse me I acutally exercised enough to break a pretty good sweat unlike most milk toast workouts that are done at the gym. I was just doing a short mile to finish up my mileage on the treadmill for the day and I had a few spots of sweat on the read out and some on the handles. Before I left the machine I saw it were a few beads of sweat on the readout and some on the handles, and wiped it down enough I thought . It was very crowded and I left and a dude asked me if I was finished as I was leaving..and I said yes,,,then he gives me a nasty look like I didnt fucking get every drop of sweat off the machine. I came back and wiped it off more,,,and then he comes up and sarcastically says,,,"let me do that for you". Then made some nasty remark as I was leaving. I also had an incident where some lady who was perfumed heavily got all mad because as I was running I happened to drip sweat on her. She was doing some pansy ass walk next to me and wouldnt know a workout if it hit her in the face. I just think if people like this really worked out they would actually realize that sweat occurs when you WORK OUT!!!

Last edited:

D_Snidely_Snatchlapper

Experimental Member
Media
Yes MRSA can be spread topically such as touching another person. Not sure about the sweat but my doctor said topical staph infections are common. Lots of people have the virus and if it has a way under the skin then it will fester (and it hurts)and create boils under your skin. Some can kill you if not treated. There are many types of staph infections and many different degrees. But from what I have learned yes it is very contagious. However, I am not a doctor.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Gym ettiquite usually says, if you sweat perfusely, and it's flying everywhere...wear a sweat band or absorbant clothing.

Generally, if I would drip sweat on equipment, I'd make sure it was clean before I left, for the next person. I always carried a towel just for that purpose. Sometimes I'd even lay the towel on the piece of equipment just so I wouldnt get it all nasty.

Some of the really nice gyms have bottles of cleaner you can spray down the seat/bench where you were working out. I always had the issue of sweating too much and having a wet seat/bench when I got up. Rather than rotate with the next person, I always used that cleaner before they jumped on. Spritz, Wipe, and everybody's happy.

If your flinging sweat everywhere...It's just plain gross.
If you missed a little bit, then at least you tried.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you bring a towel and wipe the equipment, you've done your job. If anyone is so prissy to be fussy about a drop of missed sweat from the previous user, he/she should take his/her towel and wipe it off. If this is the biggest thing that someone has to complain about, he/she has a pretty cush life.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If these people are so damn fussy about a few drops of sweat then they should work out at home when they have complete control of the environment. I thought it was the attendants jobs to keep the machine clean. What are they there for. If you gonna worry about every damn germ out there then you have a problem.

Is that MRSA what Iraq soldiers are bringing back.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay is it just me? Why do people get all bent out of shape if a few beads of sweat are on the equipment you just used? I was on the treadmill,,and excuse me I acutally exercised enough to break a pretty good sweat unlike most milk toast workouts that are done at the gym. I was just doing a short mile to finish up my mileage on the treadmill for the day and I had a few spots of sweat on the read out and some on the handles. Before I left the machine I saw it were a few beads of sweat on the readout and some on the handles, and wiped it down enough I thought . It was very crowded and I left and a dude asked me if I was finished as I was leaving..and I said yes,,,then he gives me a nasty look like I didnt fucking get every drop of sweat off the machine. I came back and wiped it off more,,,and then he comes up and sarcastically says,,,"let me do that for you". Then made some nasty remark as I was leaving. I also had an incident where some lady who was perfumed heavily got all mad because as I was running I happened to drip sweat on her. She was doing some pansy ass walk next to me and wouldnt know a workout if it hit her in the face. I just think if people like this really worked out they would actually realize that sweat occurs when you WORK OUT!!!
Newsflash. Everyone in the gym has different goals and abilities. What may look "pansy ass" to you may be very hard for the person doing it. Lighten up.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MRSA is a strain of Staphylococcus that is nearly immune to antibiotics. It is from the overuse and over-prescription of antibiotics by moron doctors that can't tell the difference between a bacterial infection and a virus or those who get kickbacks from the manufacturers of new and powerful antibiotics.

MRSA is all over gyms and most people can handle it with their own immune systems.

When you perform an aerobic exercise on any piece of equipment you should COMPLETELY wipe it off with paper towels and use the bottled disinfectant that the gym provides for this very purpose.

If you leave one drop of sweat on an aerobic piece of equipment you are inconsiderate and a health risk to the patrons of your gym.

Bring a towel with you to wipe off the sweat as it collects on your forehead and neck and completely clean the equipment when you are done.

arrivaderciroma

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The single, most important thing you must do when visiting the gym is to wash your hands thoroughly before leaving. Even more important actually, is to wash your hands before peeing during a break in work-out.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Don't bother them, it is a gym, off course you sweat! The good thing is that you have a twoel nearby and take the effort to clean it. Some people don't appreciate the effort, so what, they have to sit there next not you :tongue:

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you're doing a half-assed job of cleaning up after yourself it's rude, fairly gross, and people have every right to complain.

If you literally missed a few drops of sweat after making an effort to clean up after yourself don't sweat it (sorry). I'd rather deal with there being a single drop of sweat on the display of the tread mill than waiting around for someone to thoroughly clean and sanitize the area.

Wipe it down, but you don't have to get the equipment ready for a show.

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
sweat = gross

pretty sure people don't want other people's sweat to rub off on them. i get grossed out when i see people sweating profusely. i mean i don't mind if a person looks misty but if it's dripping, it's so gross. :eek:

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sweat = gross

pretty sure people don't want other people's sweat to rub off on them. i get grossed out when i see people sweating profusely. i mean i don't mind if a person looks misty but if it's dripping, it's so gross. :eek:
Unfortunately that happens when people are exercising from time to time.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
MRSA is a strain of Staphylococcus that is nearly immune to antibiotics...

MRSA is all over gyms...

If you leave one drop of sweat on an aerobic piece of equipment you are inconsiderate and a health risk to the patrons of your gym...

Wow, I had no idea.

Thanks for the excuse for never joining a gym. I've been thinking about joining one for a while now (about 7 years), but I always balk at the cost of membership and my fear that I'll never have the time or inclination to go, so it'll just be money down the drain.

But now that I know that gyms are filled with inconsiderate, germ-infested patrons who pose a serious health risk to each other, I'll just sit at home and let the arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, tachycardia, and weight-gain progress as nature intended. And the next time my doctor nags me about getting into shape, I'll know what to tell him.

Wow, what a load off. I feel so liberated.

Last edited:

kilteddong

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
So are people wiping down toilet seats too? I'm a little more grossed-out over sitting on a pissed up toilet seat than the sweat issue.

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unfortunately that happens when people are exercising from time to time.

yes, i realise that. :biggrin1: but it's still gross when it's dripping down people's faces. my mom sweats like that (hot flashes) and it grosses me out so bad. she always carries a handtowel esp if we're out doing yard work or something. everybody in my family sweats like that except me.

i had a teacher once who would sweat profusely and he had a towel with him at all times. he was always wiping his face. i couldn't even look at him b/c it would make me gag. :eek:

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gyms are banned, on account of the high gasoline prices boycott. Well unless everybody walks to the gym? Didn't think so.