Gym Wood

luckyinky

Just Browsing
Media
So, I'm not a big gym guy, and so I've been going a few times lately to a small college gym and I've noticed 1 or 2 guys get serious-ish wood while working out, lifting that is.

I didn't happen to get any, so I was wondering is it normal-ish? If so, why?

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by luckyinky@Jun 30 2005, 04:20 AM
So, I'm not a big gym guy, and so I've been going a few times lately to a small college gym and I've noticed 1 or 2 guys get serious-ish wood while working out, lifting that is.

I didn't happen to get any, so I was wondering is it normal-ish? If so, why?
[post=325248]Quoted post[/post]​

I do not know if its normal or not, but I do know that alot of guys at my gym workout with out undies ( just shorts only) and these are the very ones I see sportin wood most of the time.
Go figure......

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
The middle of a strenuous workout is usually when I am least likely to pop a boner. Maybe I get more into my workouts than others do, but if I'm exerting myself at all (especially with heavy lifting) the blood is rushing to my muscles, not my crotch. I admit to being an awful bulge-spotter, but I've never really noticed anyone springing a woodie during a rigorous workout.

Steve

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by luckyinky@Jun 30 2005, 12:20 AM

I didn't happen to get any, so I was wondering is it normal-ish?  If so, why?
For some men, it is normal, for me it is not. Regardless of how much I run, or work out in the gym, I have never gotten the "endorphin" rush everyone talks about. A moderate workout for me is pleasant, but not sexually stimulating. A strenuous workout, or any running at all, is usually unpleasant, but necessary. I have never gotten a boner during any kind of workout routine. Free weights, machines, or a "little 12-mile run through the hills" of Camp Pendleton, CA, it doesn't matter. But I know guys who start the swell as soon as they are changed into their workout gear, and it lasts until their heartrate goes back down.

I could be wrong about this, but I don't think it is a sudden rush of testosterone. Most of the sex-regulating hormones do not respond that fast. Adrenaline may, however, play into it. The adrenals can suddenly dump large amounts into the bloodstream. My best guess is that the changes in glucose/insulin/zinc balance to a very small degree, plus adrenaline to a somwhat larger degree, plus mostly being around a bunch of sweaty, buff men, all contribute. So, after all this ramble, to answer your question: Getting wood while working out, or not getting wood while working out; either one is 100% normal.

Bananaman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by alleyblu+Jun 30 2005, 05:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alleyblu &#064; Jun 30 2005, 05:20 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-luckyinky@Jun 30 2005, 04:20 AM
So, I&#39;m not a big gym guy, and so I&#39;ve been going a few times lately to a small college gym and I&#39;ve noticed 1 or 2 guys get serious-ish wood while working out, lifting that is.

I didn&#39;t happen to get any, so I was wondering is it normal-ish?  If so, why?

I do not know if its normal or not, but I do know that alot of guys at my gym workout with out undies ( just shorts only) and these are the very ones I see sportin wood most of the time.
Go figure......
[post=325322]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Hmmm. I never thought too much about it before, but times that I&#39;ve worked out without underwear (because I didn&#39;t have extras with me for whatever reason) I&#39;ve gotten a woody. If I&#39;ve got my tighty whities on, I don&#39;t. I always figured it was just friction with my shorts that caused it. The perils of being cut I suppose, and certainly not something I enjoy, but, hey, I&#39;m not going to cut my workout short because of it. Makes me wonder, though, if those guys that never wear undies are doing it just for that reason. :shrug: As far as normal goes, there always seem to be a few guys who have boners but it&#39;s really no big deal.

Just my nickle&#39;s worth.

B-man

Latinoboy9

Loved Member
Media
Nope never really happened to me getting hard when working out... Everyone stares at my package maybe they think I am but I&#39;m not...Now when I get in the saunna and the showers thats another thing&#33; Jose&#39;Latinoboy9

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I play racketball three times a week and if I had a dollar for everytime I had a &#39;stiffy&#39; or saw another dude in the same state I would be wealthy.

I am not a &#39;crotch watcher&#39; but when a dude using the next locker strips outta his racketball shorts and the pouch of his &#39;strap&#39; is bulgin&#39; you&#39;d have to be blind not to notice it. Just last week one of my buds and I finished our game and my bud had a major &#39;stiffy&#39;. by the time we reached the LR. He said it was coz he was wearing a new &#39;strap&#39; and the tight pouch was tickling his big C_ _K&#33; LOL

RICKY_27

punk9

Experimental Member
Media
that&#39;s what the steam room and sauna are for, to work out the last muscle.

Originally posted by jonb@Jun 30 2005, 05:21 PM
I usually get it after. I guess it&#39;s just testosterone.
[post=325393]Quoted post[/post]​

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by punk9@Jun 30 2005, 08:45 PM
that&#39;s what the steam room and sauna are for, to work out the last muscle.
[post=325573]Quoted post[/post]​
Okay, I don&#39;t like to jerk off where anyone can see it. That&#39;s just me. I sometimes think I&#39;m the only person on the net who actually drinks some when playing "I never." but isn&#39;t Ted Kennedy drunk.