Gymnos V Bacchanalia

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Okay, just posted a blog on this exact topic.

Love to hear how some of you overcame the conflict between being a strong, physically fit person and a lifestyle-driven affection for things like alcohol and good foods.

I very much enjoy the flavors of various foods, and trying new things. My career means I am constantly exposed to wines and liquors, and need to understand the tastes and combinations of them and how foods can be enhanced through the enjoyment of a nice drink. (I'm involved directly in the wine/liquor industry.) In addition, in many ways I am, and have been for decades, someone who enjoys indulgences. (Bacchanalian - a reference to drunken revelry - is a bit of an overstatement. I'm not, and never have been, a party guy like that. I've gotten quite drunk, but rarely anything like Frat Boys on Parade.)

I've also been an athlete in the past, with a physique built primarily through doing things I love to do and not through simple reps in a gym or cardio class.

I've recently begun focusing more on Mediterranean foods and enjoying a lot of the recipes, but after a long day at work or on the road sometimes I just don't feel like hitting the kitchen when I get home. I also have twenty minutes of cardio, light weight training, and wearing a Fitbit - which is showing me at roughly 7000 steps on a slow days to more than 17000 on long work days like yesterday.

What do you do as your little tricks to overcoming the weak-moment urges to overindulge.

(And please, let's limit the "you just need some willpower" responses to a minimum.)

You answered your own question in the last sentence.