Ha Ha!! Akon and his PHONY criminal past

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Akon's Con Job - April 16, 2008

the link leads to a LONG article about akon's supposed biography VS. the truth. it's long because there are several articles attached but if you pick any random one they all point to the same thing, a list of akon's lies which i'll summate if u don't wanna read the article

AKON: claims to have served 3 years in PRISON
TRUTH: never served more than a couple months in COUNTY (big difference)

AKON: claims to have written 'locked up' while serving the phony 3 years
TRUTH: locked up was recorded around the time akon conceived a child which is hard to do if you're locked up

AKON: claims to have owned several chop shops that were brought down when greedy underlings ratted on him
TRUTH: one stolen bmw is the only stolen car on his record, the above just isn't true

AKON: claims that the stolen bmw he was driving led to a wild police chase that ended because the car was too slow
TRUTH: ONE officer ran the vehicle and akon's record because he gave false information. there was no wild police chase.

as a black man it breaks my heart that brothas feel they need to perpetuate this lifestyle to sell records and of course the media gobbles it up without bothering to research whether or not these guys are even telling the truth because they're more obsessed with sensationalizing the next "bad guy". personally i think it's corny and tacky and tasteless and someday soon our youth is going to realize that we've been glorifying and immitating a falsified lifestyle.

personally i feel like akon owes an apology to the black community for infecting our children's ears with this poison.

as a music fan i can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of his embellishments. fuckin wanksta

billybones

Superior Member
Media
Akon's Con Job - April 16, 2008

the link leads to a LONG article about akon's supposed biography VS. the truth. it's long because there are several articles attached but if you pick any random one they all point to the same thing, a list of akon's lies which i'll summate if u don't wanna read the article

AKON: claims to have served 3 years in PRISON
TRUTH: never served more than a couple months in COUNTY (big difference)

AKON: claims to have written 'locked up' while serving the phony 3 years
TRUTH: locked up was recorded around the time akon conceived a child which is hard to do if you're locked up

AKON: claims to have owned several chop shops that were brought down when greedy underlings ratted on him
TRUTH: one stolen bmw is the only stolen car on his record, the above just isn't true

AKON: claims that the stolen bmw he was driving led to a wild police chase that ended because the car was too slow
TRUTH: ONE officer ran the vehicle and akon's record because he gave false information. there was no wild police chase.

as a black man it breaks my heart that brothas feel they need to perpetuate this lifestyle to sell records and of course the media gobbles it up without bothering to research whether or not these guys are even telling the truth because they're more obsessed with sensationalizing the next "bad guy". personally i think it's corny and tacky and tasteless and someday soon our youth is going to realize that we've been glorifying and immitating a falsified lifestyle.

personally i feel like akon owes an apology to the black community for infecting our children's ears with this poison.

as a music fan i can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of his embellishments. fuckin wanksta

I don't think I've ever heard of him. But from a white perspective, I agree that it's a shame that the "lifestyle" is a marketing tool. But I'm white so I'm not sure I have any right to say that even those who have such a legitimate life experience, much less all of these, should be trying harder not to perpetuate themselves. I do believe that the black community has played the role they've been cast to play by a white majority that legitimized them, legally and through the force of the civil rights movement, and then continued to villifiy them via their cultural differences because of resentment of being forced to legitimize them. By doing this, those whites who cried out for equality for the black community were sated, while not really having their demands fulfilled.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
that article is bullshit smokingun is bullshit they hatin

the article is bullshit?? its based on facts, there are no records of akon's criminal past that he claims. he's never been in prison, he's only been traced to one car theft, all of these records would be public if they existed so if you can find them i'd love to see

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
does this have anything to do with the theme of this section. Except he's got alot of balls.

Elro

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Clearly off topic, here... This is "celebrity endowments", where the dick and balls of famous people are discussed (and sometimes shown). While a criminal record and/or lies about it could be considered "naughty parts" of a person's life, it really doesn't qualify !

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Clearly off topic, here... This is "celebrity endowments", where the dick and balls of famous people are discussed (and sometimes shown). While a criminal record and/or lies about it could be considered "naughty parts" of a person's life, it really doesn't qualify !

the description says lives of the rich and famous. since there are obviously many people who don't mind discussing this, you think it's okay to let us be and let us have this discussion without hanging anybody on a cross?? maybe this belonged in a different forum but no use beatin a dead horse

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You blindly believing everything you read off a website article is just as bad as the people who blindly believe Akon's criminal past.

The fact is you yourself don't know whether his criminal past is true or not. All you did was go to a website, read an article, blindly believe it to be true and perpetuate it.

For all you know the person who wrote the article could have a vendetta against Akon and be trying to invalidate Akon's past as a way to take away from his "Street credibility" in hip hop.

Do you have any proof that there is no proof of his criminal past? Do you have his records in front of you? Do you have access to his criminal records? Has anyone official been video-taped or recorded invalidating his claims. Are there public records that invalidate his claims. Or did you just read an internet article, and say "Oh it's the internet so it must be true".

And how do you know that he didn't have a chop shop. Maybe his chop shop was never discovered.

There are all sorts of reasons this article could be completely incorrect. It's the internet. I can make up an article right now invalidating some famous person's past that is unclear. Would that make it any more true without REAL PROOF, aside from just:

Akon story: ....
Truth:...

Or are you blindly believing what you've heard without researching it yourself...

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You blindly believing everything you read off a website article is just as bad as the people who blindly believe Akon's criminal past.

The fact is you yourself don't know whether his criminal past is true or not. All you did was go to a website, read an article, blindly believe it to be true and perpetuate it.

For all you know the person who wrote the article could have a vendetta against Akon and be trying to invalidate Akon's past as a way to take away from his "Street credibility" in hip hop.

Do you have any proof that there is no proof of his criminal past? Do you have his records in front of you? Do you have access to his criminal records? Has anyone official been video-taped or recorded invalidating his claims. Are there public records that invalidate his claims. Or did you just read an internet article, and say "Oh it's the internet so it must be true".

And how do you know that he didn't have a chop shop. Maybe his chop shop was never discovered.

There are all sorts of reasons this article could be completely incorrect. It's the internet. I can make up an article right now invalidating some famous person's past that is unclear. Would that make it any more true without REAL PROOF, aside from just:

Akon story: ....
Truth:...

Or are you blindly believing what you've heard without researching it yourself...

i'm not gonna link every single website i've looked at because i certainly looked around before posting and i will tell you that, yes most (not all) of this information is public record if you go to the respective states counties records, i believe this is the same everywhere because i was able to find the same such records for my own county (charlotte mecklenburg). i know what i read and if you'd like to do the same research and present anything that desputes this thread, i'm certainly all ears