hair follicle surgery

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Amyntas Lillydong, Sep 29, 2009.

1. D_Amyntas Lillydong

D_Amyntas Lillydong Account Disabled

has anyone here has had a hair follicle transplant? cost? surgeon? happy with the results?

2. cdarro

cdarro New Member

I have had hair transplant surgery as far back as 1987 (when they still did scalp reductions and plug-type grafts), and as recently as last year, when I had about 2000 follicular unit transplants (which I assume you are referring to). I was going to have more done this summer but decided I didn't need it. No one but my hairstylist has ever been able to tell, and anyone I have told has not believed me until I showed them the donor site scar. My total cost is approximately $12,000 since 1987; cost was $3000 last year (I understand it is more expensive in the US). Dr John Gillespie of Calgary (gillespieclinic.com) did my work; he has about 30 years experience and according to hairsite.com and linked websites he is one of the best in N. America.

Am I satisfied? Yes....but you do not get a full head of hair; don't let anyone tell you that you do. I would describe it more like you are given the illusion of not being bald. But having said that, I am glad that I did it.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice