Hair on shaft

Mikey35

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know theres already a thread on hair, but this is a bit more specific:

Anyone else have hair on the shaft? How normal is this?

Also, I'm a fan of the buzzcut length pubes, but want to remove all hair from the shaft + balls. How do I best go about this? I tried with an electric shaver and ..... :eek::eek::eek: OWWWW! Cut myself to shreds (not literally) with the clipper section, and got shaving rash from the close shave section.

I'm quite squeemish when it comes to blades near my johnson, but waxing isn't an option (living in a house of guys, would get awkward comments).

Thanks

B_Hey22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It goes away eventually but you need to use manual razors soak in water and lather with shaving cream be gentle

ZipidyDodaa

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have the same problem... use good razor with bump guard (I use the mach 3 turbo by Gillette) and I also shave with conditioner (like for your hair) because I have sensitive skin. Let your skin get warm in wet in the shower and stretch your sack out and just be careful! I use a beard trimmer for the pubes (with a guard) and also on the shaft and sack if the hairs are too long for a razor. I shave/trim once a week as maintenance.

Mikey35

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for the replys. ZipidyDodaa, I also use a beard trimmer device for the pubes, but when attempting it for the sack it just gets caught in the blades (sooo painful). Is there any specific technique that avoids this? Like stretching the skin perhaps????

ginger_qboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
every guys that I have been with who has had hair gwoing on their shaft has been circumcised. are you? they were all tight circumcisions.

every guy, from what i have seen, has some hair at the base of his cock, but not really on the shaft.

Mikey35

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nope, im all natural. Its on the front about an inch or so up from from the base, but on the back (side facing away from me) it goes all the way up to about an inch from the head - its patchy and thin on this side, but i dont want it there all the same, and if i leave stubble I imagine that could be an issue with sex.

B_coldnose

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The best way I have found to remove shaft hair with zero razor burn, zero ingrown hairs, is to tweezer pluck. Takes no time for just the shaft, and lasts for a week. I used a basic razor for my balls in the tub. Soak first then long slow razor strokes, never had a cut.

baldyboy8000

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes...big time. Left it alone until it got really long, cut it with sissors and finally shave maybe once a month. It was from the base quite thick to about half way to head on top and sides..nearly all the way on the bottom. I am uncut, if that makes a difference

Gnothiseauton

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ok, so I have "ethnic" hair, coarse and wavy/curly hair, and my pubes are pretty coarse. I also have hair all up my shaft. I have been very self-conscious about it for years. If I shaved though, I'd end up with razor burns or/and ingrown hairs too. Clipping always ment nicks. I thought just give up! Then i tried something just last month and I cannot believe it works SOOOOOO well!!!!! Just shave in the shower, no lotions, just a clean blade. The water lubricates and ensures you don't cut yourself, and softens the hair so it doesn't get irritated...

Go figure! Never knew it's be so easy... I even shave my face in the shower now. What a difference in results!

Mikey35

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, so I have "ethnic" hair, coarse and wavy/curly hair, and my pubes are pretty coarse. I also have hair all up my shaft. I have been very self-conscious about it for years. If I shaved though, I'd end up with razor burns or/and ingrown hairs too. Clipping always ment nicks. I thought just give up! Then i tried something just last month and I cannot believe it works SOOOOOO well!!!!! Just shave in the shower, no lotions, just a clean blade. The water lubricates and ensures you don't cut yourself, and softens the hair so it doesn't get irritated...

Go figure! Never knew it's be so easy... I even shave my face in the shower now. What a difference in results!

I love it when I discover things like this, like having an issue with something for years, then out of no-where i decide to give something new a go for the hell of it and it works perfectly.

So basically from what everyone's said here (and a very helpful PM I recieved), it basically looks like using tweasers on the shaft for clean, non stubbly removal. Then wet shave in the shower/tub with a clean new razor for the balls. Sorted! Thanks guys.

Now all I have to do is get my head around putting a razor anywhere near my balls! (for some reason the clippers didn't scare me as much due to the razor guard).

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't shave or trim my balls but I do have the problem of hair on the shaft. I just shave the hair off the shaft.

I don't really care how it looks (its not even that noticeable if done right) and its a lot better than getting hairs caught, especially in my hand when masturbating.

Its pretty normal, everyone's hair patterns are different and hair on the shaft is not all that uncommon.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I too have hair going up about 1/2" up my shaft. It get's irritating when we have sex for longer than 20 minutes because it pulls the skin on my cock and her labia.

I've tweezed, Naired, plucked, waxed, and shaved and they all have good and bad aspects. Shaving's always been the smoothest and most consistent, the major drawback was all the ingrown hairs, razor burns, and stubbles after about 12 hours.

(I sound like spamn now)

I fixed all that with PFBVanish (look it up on Amazon). It's fixed all the downsides to shaving for me.

Going back to waxing... A friend is convinced that waxing may end up being the best for me. She said the way I did it was wrong (self administered). She has hers done in a salon and got used to the pain pretty quickly.

I'm looking into that one too. I'll report back if I get enough balls to do it.

Mikey35

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You may not like it. But when you shave it off, it shows. And it looks odd.

Real men got hair down there!

Yeah i go for a bit of neat hair, but just not on my shaft, everywhere else is fine but not on the shaft :biggrin1:

Mikey35

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Going back to waxing... A friend is convinced that waxing may end up being the best for me. She said the way I did it was wrong (self administered). She has hers done in a salon and got used to the pain pretty quickly.

I'm looking into that one too. I'll report back if I get enough balls to do it.

Got the same advice about getting the balls waxed. Apparently its the "only way to go". Let us/me know how it goes if you do go for it, I don't know how comfortable i'd be having someone wax my fella! But i'll give it a go one day

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have hair on my shaft also. And Mikey, you are so correct about the beard trimmers. Only time I have ever cut myself, was with the trimmers. YIKES!!

I also shave in the shower. I tried conditioner and the results weren't as good. What I do is..I'll have the hot water running on me for a bit, because I'll shampoo and put condtioner on my hair first (nothing really to do with shaving my cock, other than the hot water and steam has let it all relax a bit).

I'll run some hot water into a small cup. I then soap up my cock and balls, and then use shaving gel and coat them up combined with the soap. I shave using a Mach 3 as someone previously mentioned. After each stroke of the blade, I'll use my free hand and recoat the area (just rubbing what is already there, not new gel), and rinse my blade in the cup of hot water. Repeat until completed.

**knocking on wood** I have never cut myself, even once with this method.

Hope that this helps

Pye

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I shave dry or use baby powder...the first few times it was a bit irritating but the skin gets used to it and it's the only way I can be sure that I've gotten everything-- my hair is very blond/light red so there may be a stray at times and I'll tweeze that away

D_Della Doubledees

Experimental Member
Media
Salon waxing isn't just for women!!

If you have never waxed, I will tell you the first time is a little painful, but the second time is only slightly uncomfortable, and by the third time, the small amount of discomfort is WELL worth the money.

The thing about waxing is that the hair is taken out at the root, which means that the follicles actually die. You can't see the inside of the hair shaft, but once it is dead, it creates the equivalent of scar tissue inside the follicle and will not produce hair anymore. You will notice (after a few months of waxing) that your hair is growing in thinner in that area. True, there are new follicles that can come up right next to the old ones, but those eventually will die if you continue to wax.

As far as finding an esthetician you are comfortable with, I HIGHLY suggest going to a spa that uses EUROPEAN techniques. Their oils and waxes are the best, and their technicians seem to do a fantastic job.