• Other

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My hair is perfect and doesn't need any chemical annihilation done to it. If I take the comb to it while it is wet, it manages to stay put in whatever position it has been directed towards.

GTS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i use small amounts of Fudge hair wax. Smells good, and i dont need a lot to work in a nice style. Looks completely dry and doesnt clog or look oily. Also doesnt coat my scalp so less chance of causing any hairloss!!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Since I've moved to South Florida I've stopped using product in my hair. It's just too damn humid!

But up north, I used gel. Waxes and pomades do not wash out as well as gels do.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I use VO5 or Brylcreem, but a very small amount: about the size of a grain of rice, slightly more for Brylcreem. I voted other since those neither gel nor wax.

I don't use other "conditioners".

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think it depends on your hair type. I have very thick, straight hair. Waxes and pomades don't spread through thick hair very well, weigh it down, and make it look greasy. They also don't have strong enough hold. Because they are water-based and oil-free, gels spread through hair better, and offer lighter, stronger hold.

I have yet to find the perfect hair product. The gel I liked was discontinued, and I'm searching for a replacement product without much success.

I've been using Fructis "Surf Hair Texture Paste" with some success. I hated it when I first tried it, but after some experimentation have found ways to use it effectively. Fructis "Bold It! Power Putty" also works for me.

I often find it effective to use two different products at once. For example, I'll put a small amount of gel through my hair to provide overall hold and control, then I'll use a little putty or paste in the places where I need it for shape and texture.

Aloe vera gel works surprisingly well as hair gel.