Hair pulled during sex?

I posted about this in the Relationships forum a few weeks ago, but it didn't much feedback from women (men dominated and the thread was taken off-topic), and I just came across the quote below on Twitter (fav'd by some women) which makes the practice seem more prevalent and/or desired than I imagined.

“A gentleman holds my hand. A man pulls my hair. A soulmate will do both.” - Alessandra Torre

OKCupid has a question that asks users if they like having their hair pulled during sex, and since I have no experience doing this to a woman or having one show interest in it, I'm surprised at how many women answer "Yes, but gently." That and the the quote above make me wonder how common it is for women to like this. Maybe some of my past partners would've liked this.

People can only answer for themselves, so I'd like to find out what some women here think about it. Do you like it, what do you like about it, how do you like a guy to do it, what sort of situation do you like it in/what sort of mood needs to be set to like this, etc.? If I try it on a partner (not sleeping with anyone currently), I'd like to have some ideas of how to approach it (to see if she's into it) and do it .

Thanks.

D

deleted924715

Hmmm. Do I actually enjoy my hair being pulled? No. But it can be a powerfully erotic mental image for me (depending on the type of hair pulling - mildly controlling rather than abusive) and it's not really even about that, it's the whole overall 'tone' and dynamic. It's not for everyone and not everyone can pull it off (no pun intended). I wouldn't want a guy I've been dating to hover around trying to judge the best moment to tug on my ponytail - it's not going to work. Sorry I can't be more help!

I enjoy it. Especially when it's done right, and leading up to my neck being kissed and/or bitten.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I personally love it. If you know how and where to grab the hair near the nape of the neck it can feel glorious. I like it when my husband takes control of me like that. I shut up, my eyes roll back and I nearly fall limp in his arms. My reaction is like a kitten being picked up by the nape of the neck.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
A man who is well aware of his strength/physical capabilities who knows how to be gentle and aggressive at the same time... fuck yes I want to feel fingers gliding through my locks and giving me a guiding yank as he gives me many orgasms. (as always the man in my brain for this part of my answer is my brownballs.. no surprise there ;) )

If a dude just tries yank and tug without having any finesse about it it's not gonna be a turn on in any way.

Reactions: Tattooed Goddess

Thanks for the replies and links to the older thread.

A guy is not going to want to pull that out of the bag without some sort of preamble.

AsianGal

Cherished Member
Media
I think it's sexy, although a guy needs to know whether to pull harder, less hard, etc. I can't really say how hard, because it depends on the type of mood I'm in. It's really about the person reading the signals.

saberf

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I enjoy it. Not too hard, of course, doggystyle, from behind is the best way for me