Hair thinning/ balding

bar4doug

Loved Member
Media
Consider all of your options.
Explore hair transplants with the expected results, expected cost and side effects.
Explore short hair or a bald scalp.
In the end, let the choice be yours alone.
Good luck.

Agreed.

I knew at a young age that unless mom was doing the milk-man, I was going to lose my hair. Both grandfathers didn't have any; neither does dad. It was just a matter of time.

When I turned 30, I got my first sunburn on my scalp after a long day in the sun. In the shower, I was like "What the fuck?? Oh shit...". It was at that time that I knew what was coming. By the time I turned 40, I really just didn't give a shit anymore. I do a #1 all around every other week and I'm done with it. Just need to wear a hat or apply sunscreen to keep from getting a sunburn when out and about.

When you own your hair (or lack of hair), it really doesn't matter. Compensation (comb over; forward combing, etc.) is when you end up fooling nobody but yourself.

Mailbox29

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Agreed.

I knew at a young age that unless mom was doing the milk-man, I was going to lose my hair. Both grandfathers didn't have any; neither does dad. It was just a matter of time.

When I turned 30, I got my first sunburn on my scalp after a long day in the sun. In the shower, I was like "What the fuck?? Oh shit...". It was at that time that I knew what was coming. By the time I turned 40, I really just didn't give a shit anymore. I do a #1 all around every other week and I'm done with it. Just need to wear a hat or apply sunscreen to keep from getting a sunburn when out and about.

When you own your hair (or lack of hair), it really doesn't matter. Compensation (comb over; forward combing, etc.) is when you end up fooling nobody but yourself.

I think transplant or medication is the only way. as all those combing really too obvious and fulling no one. Id rather shave my hair than grow out one side to cover bold top and "glue" it so it doesnt blow...(sew guy the other day). But for now I'd rather fight for even hair lol as sadly dont have nice shaped head to have it shaved:)

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will offer a slightly different point of view. I always had a somewhat high hairline and in my early forties it began receding a bit more, ultimately about an inch. Meanwhile I started thinning at the crown. My hair got cut shorter and shorter to where i was just getting it buzzed with a #1 about every two weeks. I accepted this and my husband actually liked it, he said. Then I got divorced and retired from all of my work responsibilities and decided to get a hair transplant about thirteen months ago. I started finestride at the same time. The transplant is growing in but is still a work in progress. The transplant was expensive but I paid for it with part of a windfall I received when I retired. The finestride seems to have thickened the native (non-transplanted) hair. I feel much happier and more like myself. Given that I am single and not employed I have no one to please but myself.

Plasticroad1

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I will offer a slightly different point of view. I always had a somewhat high hairline and in my early forties it began receding a bit more, ultimately about an inch. Meanwhile I started thinning at the crown. My hair got cut shorter and shorter to where i was just getting it buzzed with a #1 about every two weeks. I accepted this and my husband actually liked it, he said. Then I got divorced and retired from all of my work responsibilities and decided to get a hair transplant about thirteen months ago. I started finestride at the same time. The transplant is growing in but is still a work in progress. The transplant was expensive but I paid for it with part of a windfall I received when I retired. The finestride seems to have thickened the native (non-transplanted) hair. I feel much happier and more like myself. Given that I am single and not employed I have no one to please but myself.

Do you have before pictures and current pics?

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
any side effects? at all? at start? then gone a way? U take it everyday or very other day? 1 mg?
1 mg daily. I already had mild gyno that had become more noticeable as I lost body fat. I think it has, perhaps enlarged. It bothers me but I doubt anyone else notices.

Reactions: Mailbox29

Mailbox29

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
1 mg daily. I already had mild gyno that had become more noticeable as I lost body fat. I think it has, perhaps enlarged. It bothers me but I doubt anyone else notices.
ive seen recomendatons on 3 times a week 1mg.. if ur loss is not aggressive one. any symptoms of gyno u had? or just enlarge meant with time?

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ive seen recomendatons on 3 times a week 1mg.. if ur loss is not aggressive one. any symptoms of gyno u had? or just enlarge meant with time?
The gyno actually started decades ago. Subsequent TRT made it a bit more. In recent years I have lost about twenty pounds, from 150 to 130. The fat loss makes the contour of the gland more visible but still not bad. People who aren't focused on it probably would not think much if anything of it, even with my shirt off. But I have become more self conscious. I'm still on low-dose TRT so it's a balancing act. Getting rid of the gyno is a simple matter and I may pursue that once travel becomes easier.

Mikey22

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was one of the unfortunate ones that started loosing hair when I was still a teenager. And it sucked. And it was depressing. In my mid 20’s I started buzzing it. In my 30’s I started shaving it. Today I’m 50 and do either way of buzzing it or shaving it.
I let it grow for about a month, and it drove me crazy. I felt like a new man once I shaved that shit off lol.
My advice is. Unless your blessed with a good looking head of hair. And from my observation most men aren’t. And your hair is thinning.
Buzz it, shave it and own it.
Ain’t nothing worse than seeing a man of any age, obsess about going bald. My dad was one of those types. He’d do the comb over thing. And would dry it with a blow dryer. And style it with a brush.
I told him once he was worse than a woman. Lol.
He lost it all back in the spring, cause of chemotherapy. I told him he looked good, and he ought to keep it like that. It’s growing back now and I give it a year and he’ll be combining it over again.
The point is there’s more important things in life to worry about than a head of hair.

Reactions: Gj816

Mailbox29

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
anyone try finasteride?
I did. I was scared of it after reading all the horror stories. Had pills in my drawer for 4 month.. then decided and started taking ti, following advice of Australian doctors ( you can find them on Youtube). I've stared taking it 3 times a week, been 5 month now.. no side affects, taking 1 month brake and will restart again in May. 3 times a week is enough and brake after 5 month helps to reduce build up of it, and side effects with it. 5 month later my hair WAY better and thin part at temple almost invisible now. I regret one thins, not starting it few years back really.

If you start it, just take it and forget it, other wise u will be listening to every itch and assume its side effects. lol Day 3 of me taking it, my nipples started to itch, i was FUCK man I am going to have boobs... was scared to itch my nipples and look at it, day 4 went to shower.... totally forgot I shaved my chest week before taking 1st pill lol so itching nipples was from hair growing back. Basically Id recomed wathing Australian hair doctors video about FIna 3 times week.

Reactions: deleted9236451

Milkdudd

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Personally, I've been bald pretty much my entire life, since before the age of 2. I grew up bald, and at 20 I'm still bald. It's nothing to be ashamed of to lose some or all of your hair. Imo, bald guys pull of suits/formal wear better, and have an easier time looking "sharp", though I FULLY acknowledge how good a nice head of hair can make you.My point is, don't sweat it, hair, you'll hopefully fine, is only marginal to your happiness. It's a look just like any other look. I'd embrace it in your position, but thats easy to say from my position, I never had anything to lose in the first place~

Mailbox29

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Personally, I've been bald pretty much my entire life, since before the age of 2. I grew up bald, and at 20 I'm still bald. It's nothing to be ashamed of to lose some or all of your hair. Imo, bald guys pull of suits/formal wear better, and have an easier time looking "sharp", though I FULLY acknowledge how good a nice head of hair can make you.My point is, don't sweat it, hair, you'll hopefully fine, is only marginal to your happiness. It's a look just like any other look. I'd embrace it in your position, but thats easy to say from my position, I never had anything to lose in the first place~
yes agree with all.. IF you have nice shaped head :p

Reactions: Milkdudd