haircuts....

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by molotovmuffin, Jul 14, 2011.

1. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

I know this isn't necessarily a women's issue because almost everyone has to get haircuts...but I think they can be more traumatizing to women.

Yesterday, I went to get my hair trimmed. I wanted to get about 4-6 inches cut off the length of my hair which was just about to my waste. The girl (someone I know) says why not go 10 inches and donate to locks of love. That would put my hair length midway between my shoulder blades and I could live with that so I agreed. I now have hair up to my shoulders and although it's not a bad hair cut...it's not what I agreed upon. Yes, I was watching her but you can't see what they're doing when they're behind your back and you wear glasses.

Crap...now I have to wait for it to grow back out to a decent length to make me happy.

*/rant

2. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:
    *Hug* aww that's awful! Atleast it went to a good cause! I'm sure you still look gorgeous!

3. D_Hey Sailor

D_Hey Sailor New Member

I had a moment just like this when I agreed to have eight inches of hair cut off to be donated to the Canadian Cancer Society. It sounds great when you say the words, but after you hear the first *snip* you can't help but worry! :footinmouth:

4. curious_angel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Kudos for donating your hair. :smile:

I've never had enough hair cut off to donate to charity, but I can identify with your trauma molotovmuffin. I've had some horrendously bad haircuts in the past, and not always through choice. It is particularly annoying when the cut's not what you asked for.

5. HornyToad11

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Is this the time to try out extensions ?

6. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ah, I'm so happy to be a man. I let my hair grow until it needs cutting. The circle of life (and hair) continues. When I start to look like Shaggy from Scooby Doo, I call my lovely hair-lady to do her thing - simple. :biggrin1: I feel sorry for women and their hair-stress. It's the same with weddings, every man comes dressed in the same suit and nobody minds. If two women turn up in the same dress there is a crisis. I repeat, I'm so happy to be a man. :tongue: Excuse my mostly irrelevant and potentially generalising post. :redface:

7. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

You know...I was a licensed hair dresser in the state of Ga for over 30 yrs...and only once did I ever hear, someone say I did a less that perfect job...Once. It's not that hard to do. Really!

Lol...I'm ok... I'm just pouty that I've lost my long locks...it's not like they won't grow back!

8. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    i've donated my hair to charity twice, 13 inches the first time and 17 inches the last time. i'm farming it out again because i've got this OCD counting thing going on so i'm obsessed with doing it 3 times in a row. i actually enjoyed getting it all whacked off particularly the last time (a bit over a year ago); planned for the start of summer, it felt so wonderfully light.

but i understand not being happy with a haircut if it turns out not to be what you expected or wanted. i'm sorries ms muffin. it'll grow back! in the meantime maybe you can rock some cool wigs :smile:

9. D_Rufus_D_Dufus

D_Rufus_D_Dufus Account Disabled

I think you should do something unexpected and out of your usual comfort zone. I say bob cut it.

And yes, I am a guy but my wife owns a few salons so I'm not talking out my ass.

10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Congratulations on making this selfless donation. I did it in 2007... I have never grown my hair past my shoulders since; my life and hair grooming is so much easier now. My partner did it a couple of years ago. If it's any help it is a tax deductible donation.

11. MickeyLee

Gold Member

bad haircuts can just mess ya up until everything grows out enough to fix. *hugs the Ms. Molotov* maybe ya can get your hair back to use as extensions :tongue1:

while i ain't lost hair to the great chop since i was a wee-me. i have known the unkindest cut of all during an under shave. just jacked my head up for the longest time.

hmm my hair is crazy long. i'm cool hacking off a few inches when i get fed up with it. i bitch about it being too long all the time. but i think i would kinda hissfit out if someone cut off all my hair.

12. zpacifico

zpacifico New Member

hair will grow back, you know how it goes and when it will reach desired lenght you'll want to cut it all off again... ain't it always that way?

13. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Mam oh man..any stylist that fucks my hair should just go and hide under a rock for an extended period of time.

Hell hath no fury like me with a bad cut.

That being said I have one stylist that I always go to and only her.
    If I've made an appointment and she isn't available then Hell FUCKING NO! Another stylist cannot touch my hair.

Thank gods she has opened her own salon now and training her own girls.

I feel your pain, M.
    And I'd be ringing the manager to complain.

14. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

hahaha...ml... I'm only truly thankful that she didn't do one of those stacked in the back and long in the front dos....I really would have come unglued. I hate those (no offense to those whom have one) I just don't like them.

My big gripe is that it's 4 inches shorter than agreed upon (and I should be thankful that it's actually a very nice cut) but I know it will grow back and it will definitely be cooler on the cheese wagon next month when I go back to the grind stone.

Nudey...I'm a wash and go girl but I dislike having to shower in the early morning and short hair means just that...I'm happy it's ponytail length.

*edited for ms dragon...The cut is good just shorter than anticipated...no need to bitch slap her. lol

#14 molotovmuffin, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  15. MickeyLee

Gold Member

*dopey smile* Ms. Molotov in ponytails
    is a good thought. :yup:

16. No_Strings

Gold Member

I want to contribute a serious reply, but I need to catch my breath and allow my circulation to resume normal activities first. :bigeyes:

17. MickeyLee

Gold Member

Ms. Molotov's pigtails or Ms. Dragon's avatar?

or, likes meself, both?

18. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

SQUEEEE!!!!!

No Strings!

Let me hop up on your...lap:smirk: and never mind if I wiggle a bit.

19. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    mmm...what?

20. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

You just come on down/up/over here and let me and my new dooo do you!:tongue: Then you can catch up with your breath. :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted