Hairdressers/Barbers - Do You Talk To Them?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_ScaredLittleBoy, Oct 25, 2007.

1. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Hi. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. Just wondering, do you talk to your hairdresser/the person that cuts your hair?

It's just that generally I don't. It doesn't help that the girl who cuts my hair is HOT as anything. Blonde, slim, a big C cup (I guess) and just a very very pretty face.

Are you supposed to talk to the person cutting your hair? What do you talk about? lol.

Enlighten me, SVP.

2. sbeBen

sbeBen New Member

Are you going on holiday this year?

Whatg are you doing for Christmas?

Is the usual small talk at the hairdressers!:biggrin1:

3. B_ScaredLittleBoy

Hmm but do you instigate? lol I'm shy around hairdressers, especially hot ones. :redface:

Spose we could talk about Christmas shopping or something lol. :redface::redface::redface::redface:

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Um...I've been going to the same person for a number of years and we have become friends; so of course we talk and catch up. But if it is someone you don't know very well. Just talk about current events, movies, etc... if he or she want's to talk she will join in the conversation or let things drop. Just play it by ear.

5. B_Swimming Lad

B_Swimming Lad New Member

I hate it when hairdressers try to talk to you. I never have anything to talk about.

6. istanbul39

istanbul39 New Member

Albums:
    I have been going to the same guy for my hair for a few years. The second time there, he leaned on my dick (I thought accidentally). Not long, but for about 10 seconds. Now, he tries to lean on me each time I get my haircut, so I pretend not to notice and shift the other way. I'm sure many of you know but lots of gays in istanbul so this really didn't surprise me. Nice guy and cuts my hair good so we chat the whole time (except when he's trying to cop a feel).

7. No_Strings

Gold Member

I don't think you're supposed to do anything. I won't actively try and start up a conversation with my barbers, but they're often very chatty(it only employs women) and so we usually go through some small talk. I'm an impatient person though, so I'd rather get in, get cut, and get out.

8. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Given your description of your hairdresser, Id be talking about what her plans were for the weekend.

"Anything for the weekend, Sir?"

"Yeah. How about your gorgeous breasts wrapped around my ten inch cock."

Let us know if it works :rolleyes::biggrin1:

9. griplock22

griplock22 Member

meh, as long as its restricted to " hows your day been?, good summer? etc " and i can get away with as few words as possible its fine by me. not that im an unsociable person, just im there to get my hair cut, not for a friend to talk to...ive got them already...although i suppose if she was hot then i might make a little more effort lol

10. YourAvgGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Maybe in the south (USA) it is different. I have a very casual relationship with my hairdresser. She and I actually grew up together and attended the same high school. Naturally, we talk - a lot! We also buy presents for each other on birthdays, holidays or send flowers when a death occurs in the family.

Prior to her moving to the area where I now reside, however, I had the same type of relationship with the young lady who did my hair.

Are we weird in the south?

Topics discussed range from everything about family, jobs, travel to the latest gossip going on in the tribe!

11. eddyabs

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a classic gents barbers up the road from me, I've been going there for many years, and it's still the same guys after all this time, so obviously one builds up a bit of a relationship....nowadays if I'm in and it's quiet we pop down the basement for a spliff and a beer.....love it...and we talk about everything, it's kinda weird with your barber/hairdresser, almost like a confessional!

12. B_ScaredLittleBoy

This girl is hot, no doubt. She doesn't talk much though, which then leads me to wonder if I should be talking.

I used to have a male barber but he cut a piece of my ear and he doesn't cut good hair anyway.

I also am of the opinion that I'm there to get a hair cut...meh guess I'll see how it goes.

As for asking her her plans...she is SO hot that I would not even dare. She's the kind of girl that would be going out with muscular and handsome footballers. I fall short of that descriptor lol.

13. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    The same woman has been cutting my hair for years and it's frequently a gab-fest. Probably helps that we're about the same age, although we don't really have all that much in common when it comes right down to it. I just have to remember to check to make sure everything ends up "even", etc., as sometimes there's a bit too much talking and not enough cutting. Hair salon gossip is the worst. :rolleyes:

May be erroneous to assume that, mister... :wink:

14. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I really have a tough time making small talk with hairdresses or just about anyone. I find it very awkward so I try to avoid it.

Its not that I want to be regarded as standoffish or aloof but I don't regularly follow sports, pop music, celebrity culture, TV, fashion trends, petty local politics, or other typical items of small talk conversation. So, I usually just don't have anything to contribute unless its one of those rare occasions when the topic is more meaty.

15. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm with you. I don't watch TV and prefer to "yak" about "deep" subjects (no sexual allusion intended).

If I talk about what I am truly interested in, people either shut up or pick up the thread of conversation.

Or, if I'm going to a party, I sometimes spend 20 mins cruising news websites and select out a few topics that I can bring up to talk about. Good conversation is sorta like being a Boy Scout: be prepared.

16. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yup. Or people avoid me or label me "the professor" or other such. Its usually easier just to stay silent.

This may sound like a trivial complaint to some but its actually a major cause of aloneness and alienation in my life despite my efforts otherwise.

17. B_ScaredLittleBoy

Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way! This is good :smile:

I don't care for celebrity or the crap on TV either. And I very rarely feel like talking (lol)

I'm okay with typing :smile:

18. T-Lex

T-Lex Member

Albums:
    Nah, I don't think its a weird southern thing -- I guess we Southerners just tend to lean a bit more to the sociable side.

I've been going to the same male barber for a couple of years, and we always end up talking at length about jobs, families, travel, current events, etc., etc. I consider him a friend now -- except that I only see him every 3 weeks.

One thing that is strange though....another poster mentioned about the barber "leaning" into him. Well, mine does the same thing, only he happens to "lean" his crotch right onto my hand several times during the cut (I always keep my hands on the arms of the chair) and will either move his crotch across my hand or just let it rest on my hand for a minute while he cuts my hair. At first, I thought it was an accident, but it kept on happening. I've never said anything about it and neither has he -- I guess we both get off a bit on this little unspoken secret. It's sorta like doing something sexual in a public place, especially considering there's other hair cutters on either side of him working on customers at the same time. :biggrin1:

19. earllogjam

Gold Member

I rather enjoy talking with my barber. He's a great older guy around 70 and he has lots of stories about his time in the Navy and life in the 50's and 60's. We crack jokes, catch up on the latest gossip around town, and just have a good time. He's part of my familiar world that keeps me in touch with where I live. I've gotten to know some of the regular customers in his one man shop as well. We all get to know a lot about each other's lives over the years.

Just got my hair cut at lunch today as a matter of fact. Topic of discussion - sea sickness in the Navy and traffic accident prone spots in the city.

20. viking1

Gold Member

I cut my own hair, so I haven't been to a barber for years...

Draft saved Draft deleted