Hairfall situation ...

D_Bo_DiddleMe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
some hair loss can be from stress. Massage your head before you sleep. Also, try shaving your head entirely and letting it grow back in its own pattern. Make friends with your head.

I guess stress can be the only issue, :frown1: ....
Actually, my hair are really rough and that runs in my family from my father's side ... they used to fall quite a bit too but there was re-growth, but now they've just stopped growing ...

Last edited:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The rule of thumb is to that 20% of 20year olds show some hairloss, 30% of 30yr olds, 40% of 50yr olds, etc. Yeah it's not 100% accurate but it does give you some idea of how frequently it happens.

If you're concerned about it, shave or really shortly cut your hair... it makes it less noticeable and you'll come to terms with it easier (I think).

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My advice is to consult with a dermatologist. However if your mother's father lost his hair you will too and there is little you can do about it.

D_Bo_DiddleMe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The rule of thumb is to that 20% of 20year olds show some hairloss, 30% of 30yr olds, 40% of 50yr olds, etc. Yeah it's not 100% accurate but it does give you some idea of how frequently it happens.

If you're concerned about it, shave or really shortly cut your hair... it makes it less noticeable and you'll come to terms with it easier (I think).

Shaving my head ?? Man, I look like an idiot with that look ... I am a really short guy [5'5''] ... :|

D_Bo_DiddleMe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My advice is to consult with a dermatologist. However if your mother's father lost his hair you will too and there is little you can do about it.

No my maternal grandfather did not lost his hair, there is no history of baldness in my family whatsoever, that's why I am quite shocked too ... :confused:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you have androgenic alopecia there is no reversal that I know of unless it's caused by an outside factor and you catch it early before permanent hairloss occurs. However, I wouldn't settle for that answer. Not yet. Hair loss can be caused by other things like thyroid disorders, a vitamin deficiency like anemia, D3 deficiency, B12 etc. I would have my physician run blood tests if you haven't yet.

D_Bo_DiddleMe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you have androgenic alopecia there is no reversal that I know of unless it's caused by an outside factor and you catch it early before permanent hairloss occurs. However, I wouldn't settle for that answer. Not yet. Hair loss can be caused by other things like thyroid disorders, a vitamin deficiency like anemia, D3 deficiency, B12 etc. I would have my physician run blood tests if you haven't yet.

Hmm... thanks that's some real advice, they haven't tested my blood yet ... I hope that gives them something ... :smile:

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
some hair loss can be from stress. Massage your head before you sleep. Also, try shaving your head entirely and letting it grow back in its own pattern. Make friends with your head.
But I do message my head and no hair growth....Ummm which head are we talking about????:redface:

S

superbot

You probably mean a tricologist.Frankly there's no point.If it were alopecia you'd know about it as it would being falling out in irregular patches.My advice is not to see anyone as it not an illness and a doctor is just going to say you've got male pattern baldness.Blood tests and vitamin defeciencies are just fanciful nonsense as unless you show symptems of an illness there is no point wasting the doctors time.

You probably mean a tricologist.Frankly there's no point.If it were alopecia you'd know about it as it would being falling out in irregular patches.My advice is not to see anyone as it not an illness and a doctor is just going to say you've got male pattern baldness.Blood tests and vitamin defeciencies are just fanciful nonsense as unless you show symptems of an illness there is no point wasting the doctors time.

That is probably the worst advice I've ever heard.

S

superbot

That is probably the worst advice I've ever heard.
Factually all true whatever you might think.I've been losing my hair since I was in my early twenties and been there myself and all the above is pretty much what every doctor has told me.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

No I actually meant dermatologist; as a trichologist has no formal medical training dealing with skin disease. Should I consult a trichologist? Or a dermatologist?

"If your hair disorder is related to a deeper skin problem, a dermatologist would be in a better position to help you. However if you get more pleasure consulting a ‘trichologist', go ahead and don't bother to think if he/she is a fully qualified doctor!"

Last edited:

Factually all true whatever you might think.I've been losing my hair since I was in my early twenties and been there myself and all the above is pretty much what every doctor has told me.

That, in no way, means you have the same reason for going bald as the OP.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

Well, OP stated he has no family history of baldness. So, there's no acceptable reason for it. It could be something unrelated. OP obviously wants answers, even if the answer is that there is no answer.

D_Bo_DiddleMe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, OP stated he has no family history of baldness. So, there's no acceptable reason for it. It could be something unrelated. OP obviously wants answers, even if the answer is that there is no answer.

One acceptable reason could be that I didn't cared about my hair ... I sweat a lot too, I sometimes think that maybe too much sweat has something to do with it ... :frown1:

One acceptable reason could be that I didn't cared about my hair ... I sweat a lot too, I sometimes think that maybe too much sweat has something to do with it ... :frown1:

Most certainly not, you've obviously become paranoid about what causes your balding and still trying to blame things that don't have any relation to it whatsoever. It's probably best to see a doctor about it.