Hairstyle

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Well guys I'm bored, just took some pics and well I need my hair cutting pretty badly. The missus wants or has suggested 2" spikes dyed green...What do you knowledgeable folk think?

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think your hair is cool just as is, Knight. I especially like the 'curl' hanging on the left of your forehead and your somewhat 'tangled' look. It's styish and becoming to your cute face.

whatno

Just Browsing
Media
lol, the missus is lame. she must be a hXc punk yo..

I got a mohawk once, just to see how it felt. And I wore that until it grew out. I've just been getting trims ever since.

Just imagine the upkeep for those green spikes. yeesh.

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
It's fine as is. Mines actually on the longer side, so I wouldn't say shave your head anyway. Plus, you would probably get sick of the spikes after a while, and the dye/spikes perfectly placed every day...too much trouble IMO.

BuffMusicIdol

Just Browsing
Media
I have a son who had a 16" tall mohawk. He spent most of his time coloring and gluing. He gave up, but managed to get some great pics before it was all over.

Green spikes? I have nothin' against 'em. I think you could spike and just use gel and your natural color and still look cool. However, Knight, I'd be reluctant to mess with all the good things you've got going (cute little shit....lol) unless you NEED to make a statement.

For me, making a statement is dressing in boarder shorts, and acting 25 instead of 50, which I'll be this year. People think I'm the oldest big brother of my boys. (Yawn) It's getting to be too much work to look this young. But it's fun, and the boys shop for me sometimes.

But you have more "inner-G" than me.

My advice--please yourself first. Those who love you most will help you enjoy what you love most. Please the misses as a pleasant surprise, not as a regular routine that sometimes can appear as a demand (in some personality types).

You'll still look cute no matter what you do.

hungteen17: please. green spikes are stupid, just get a trim.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Hehe thanks guys, well the green spikes I'm not so sure about, might just trim it and spike it, without the green. :D

See I always have my hair the same, felt like a change...

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hehe everyone's right on the whole spiking thing, I did it a long time ago (back in like 3rd grade). A short attention span kind of killed it, and I had short hair at the time too.

Of course if you do dye it...I wouldn't go green. Back in high school the cool thing was to dye our hair at All-State while we were gone for a few days and stayed at hotels. Only time I've ever really done to my hair (bleached it). You'd probably do best with some sort of highlights. One cool thing that someone did was bleach their hair (which was somewhat light already) and then did blue tips.

There are plenty of other options besides trimming and green spikes out there if you're lookin for somethin, so good luch buddy.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Oh yeah my sister's friend said I should have blonde highlights she said she'd do me - I mean do it for me. That might look good actually, I should ask her to do it for me :p

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Knight@Feb 25 2005, 10:36 PM
Oh yeah my sister's friend said I should have blonde highlights she said she'd do me - I mean do it for me. That might look good actually, I should ask her to do it for me :p
[post=286522]Quoted post[/post]​

Well if she'll do your hair and you, I couldn't argue with that one ;) Blond highlights might work out well for you, I can see that more than green spikes.

ETown7

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
GREEN SPIKES MAN!

I just dyed my hair black (after 21 years of red) and the black is starting to grow out. my hair is getting super long (the longest i've ever had it), and I want to grow it out surfer style.

Totally go green.

zzorus

Just Browsing
Media
Knight,
I know you're not looking for compliments from gay men, but I think you look so good as you are.
Your various face photos show a good looking, sensitive and intelligent person. And your posts prove the the intelligent and sensitive !

Do whatever you want to do.

zzorus

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Change is good, but for your self, rather than for others.

I recently buzzed my hair really short for the first time, grew a goatee,
and long sideburns.... and i like it fine
and others do, too.

But...since you asked, Knight, i think you are a really handsome guy
just as you are.
I like your look.

clownboots19: Dude, ditch the spikes, the green hair, and the highlights idea. Your hair is fine the way it is. Sounds like your woman just needs to be kept in check..haha. If you wanna change something, change beers, or clothes, or cars,...etc..

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Knight--

You're handsome, don't do anything drastic with your hair. Go to a salon, get some cool messy hair style, if you want some color, get highlights done. When I was in college, I had some color done and it was a disaster. My hair is naturally very dark brown--the color of espresso, so brown it's almost black. The people at the salon had to strip the color out to re-dye it dark burgundy--it was cool at first, but when the color started to fade (I went to college at the beach, so I was in the sun a lot) it turned out this funky shade of copper/rust. I had to have it dyed black, because nothing else would take. I learned my lesson not to experiment with my hair at that point. I ended up being so fed up that I cut it really short, which made me mad, because I had grown it out to one length which in 1991 was pretty cool.

Anyway, I learned my lesson, so I would advise you not to do anything too drastic.
Go to a salon and get some kind of fun, messy, chunky cut, get a few blonde highlights put in and I think you'll be happier than you would be with green spikes.
(I know your mom would be!)