hairy shaft +shaving help

Jamir223: i need to shave the shaft of my penis because it is quite hairy. is this natural? do any of you other guys have hairy shafts?
also i get a nasty regrowth rash when i shave it, any ideas on how to stop this?

thanx guys + gals

Reactions: John1812

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Yes, Jamir. It's pretty natural to have significant hair growth on the shaft of the penis. I know that my hair can grow about a quarter of the way up (when it's flaccid) and it's a bit more significant when it's hard, since the skin draws up and stretches tighter as blood fills the erection. While my shaft wouldn't classify as a furball, I guess, yes, I have hair on mine.

Regrowth rashes usually occur when the pores become clogged after shaving, or especially when you try to run the razor over and over the shared areas which results in added irritation. If you're going to shave your shaft, I suggest getting a good razor like the Gilette Mach 3 Turbo. While you're in the shower, soap up your shaft really good and gently run your razor up the shaft from the base. Gently is the key word; don't try to scrape off all the hair in as few strokes as possible, but instead gently go over the area several times. The hot water will wash off the hair. Pat dry. If you feel some irritation, try rubbing some aloe over the skin. (I would suggest an aftershave, but if it feels particularly harsh on your face as is, it'd probably hurt worse on the shaft.)

Donk: I also have a hairy shaft. (I used to think this was unusual until I posted a similar question on LPSG a long time ago and several posters replied that they also have shaft hair.) I trim mine using a small electric clipper that is designed for mustache/beard trimming. It works very well at shaving without irritation and without the risk that a blade will slip and make a nasty gash on your most sensitive body part. The clipper is also good for safely keeping the entire pubic area trim.

Immediately after shaving, wash with antibacterial soap, dry with a clean towel, and then apply a skin lotion.

Jamir223: thanx guys i appreciate the reasurrance and advice!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
He didn't want to know if it was normal, Dee. He wanted to know how to stop it.

Another thing you can do is pluck. No skin irritation that way. IIRC, Egyptian women did that.

Donk: Actually, jonb, he did ask "is this natural?" (which I think Dee and I both interpreted as a question about how "normal" such hair is). As mentioned, I used to wonder if my own penile hair was "normal" until members of this group confirmed that it was pretty common.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
To Jon: Yeah. Besides, if he were concerned solely about removing the hair from his shaft, he wouldn't follow up by asking, "Do any of you other guys have hairy shafts?" (That's why it's crucial to review the posts you're set on critiquing so you don't misinterpret things.)

To Donk: Never thought about using an electric clipper there. I don't know. I personally never liked using them. I'll tell you one thing, though; I will never use scissor-style clippers to clip my ball hair. I wasn't as cautious as I should have been and inadvertently clipped my sac -- major ouch, plus a bit of bleeding! I guess I like shaving in the shower because the hot water helps soothe the irritated skin ('cause don't think your skin's all that happy when you run a sharp razor over it), relaxes the pores, and it gets the junk squeaky clean for the after-preparation (i.e. soap, lotion, etc.).

brad2002: I have a lot of shaft hair and I leave it alone. Don't worry about it. I love the look of a hairy cocks and balls. I prefer them hairy over shaved, any day.

punk9: My shaft gets hairy and i've found the best way to shave it is underwater in a warm bathtub with an atra.

Never even come close to nicking or drawing blood.

Sanitation is key for 5 days.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=jonb link=board=youth;num=1053267680;start=0#4 date=05/18/03 at 17:10:06]Another thing you can do is pluck. No skin irritation that way. IIRC, Egyptian women did that.[/quote]

Egyptian women plucked the hair from the shafts of their penes? Strange; I never read that women with cocks were common in Egypt! :D

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=youth;num=1053267680;start=0#9 date=06/04/03 at 16:02:50]Egyptian women plucked the hair from the shafts of their penes? Strange; I never read that women with cocks were common in Egypt! :D
[/quote]

Only if they were Pharoah!

Pecker

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=youth;num=1053267680;start=0#9 date=06/04/03 at 16:02:50]

Egyptian women plucked the hair from the shafts of their penes? Strange; I never read that women with cocks were common in Egypt! :D
[/quote]
I meant they'd pluck their pubes.

WAHOOWAH: thought - howbout that creme -shaving would just make it grow back thicker and nobody wants that really short sharp hair on their shaft......

sammygirly: That whole "shaving makes the hair grow back thicker" thing is a myth us women have created for you. It doesn't really grow back thicker, it just seems that way because it's shorter, stubble, more coarse until it grows longer. You won't actually grow any NEW hairs as a result - no extra growth...if that were the case, bald men would have great success if they just shaved their heads once.

Trust me, women did this to you LOL. We dont want our daughters to shave their legs early, so we tell them that...or to shave their eyebrows off instead of waxing nicely (thus being left with that drawn-in startled look), so we created that.

It doesn't actually happen.

Trust sammy on this one.

Rapha: Guys what do u use after u shave ((Specify))? ???
HELP ???
sometimes i shave i cant deal with the itchiness!!!!!!!!! :-/ ???

bigvarsity: Well being a black male I use Bump Fighter AfterShave skin conditioner after i shave. It leave your nuts smooth and no irritation. And it smell pretty good too.

John1812

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Jamir223: i need to shave the shaft of my penis because it is quite hairy. is this natural? do any of you other guys have hairy shafts?
also i get a nasty regrowth rash when i shave it, any ideas on how to stop this?

thanx guys + gals
I shave myshaft monthly, there are before and after pics in my album