handjob hiv

smallnj

Expert Member
Media
Atlantic City (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
got a handjob in an adult theater booth the other day through the hole in the wall. after i had this feeling that i could somehow catch hiv from this. i dont know if the person had any semen or blood on their hands, it didnt feel wet, and i didnt have any open bleeding cuts on my penis, but my crown was a little red when done, but i doint know if rubbing over my urethra could give me anything. i think i am over reacting want some advice.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To contract HIV, blood or semen from an infected person would have to get directly into your bloodstream. The virus is very fragile when it comes in contact with air, so transmission in the "open," like during a handjob, is extremely unlikely. People who don't have unprotected anal or vaginal sex or share drug needles are not at high risk of HIV infection.

If you're nervous, you can get tested, but you should wait until a few months after it happened in order to get a more accurate test result. Remember that a lot of times when we feel nervous about getting HIV, it's often more because we feel guilty about doing something we think is bad, not because we did something that was actually a risk for infection.

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To contract HIV, blood or semen from an infected person would have to get directly into your bloodstream. The virus is very fragile when it comes in contact with air, so transmission in the "open," like during a handjob, is extremely unlikely. People who don't have unprotected anal or vaginal sex or share drug needles are not at high risk of HIV infection.

If you're nervous, you can get tested, but you should wait until a few months after it happened in order to get a more accurate test result. Remember that a lot of times when we feel nervous about getting HIV, it's often more because we feel guilty about doing something we think is bad, not because we did something that was actually a risk for infection.

Yeah, I've been there. It's virtually impossible for you to get HIV from a handjob (especially when you're the recipient of said handjob). The virus has an extremely difficult time entering the urethra and causing infection even if bodily fluids are involved. Unless the guy had a bleeding wound on himself when he was jerking you off and you had an open cut on your penis, it's extremely unlikely.

However, consider taking this nervousness as a sign that you shouldn't do "high-risk" activities such as this. In other words, don't do it if you know you're going to worry about it afterward. I went through a similar ordeal with a few other things and my worry was far worse self-punishment than if I had actually tested positive for the disease (or pregnancy, lol) in question. Play it safe, and have fun -- not the other way around.

But if you're really worried, wait a few months or so and get tested.

GBF64

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Smallnj, where was this adult book store in NJ? NJ law limits the occupancy of viewing boths in these establishments to just one person. Lol, like who would follow the law. I know in my part of NJ, they ae very rigid in enforcing this law. It applies to same sex and opposite sex couples.
I always hear the manger in one store I visit yelling," I told you one person in the booth at a time",lol.

C

college22punk9

Also, just becuase you can't "see" a cut or wound, doesn't mean there isn't a break in the skin where the virus had an opportunity to enter,etc. I think the lesson learned here is, not to fool around with strangers where you don't know their HIV status. Remember, it only takes one stupid time. Statistically speaking you do have a very small chance of having got something, however, I would rethink future activities... I mean... this was through a hole in the wall? So what if he had his penis out and was all rubbin it against yours... I mean... there are other things to worry about than HIV.... genital warts.... genital herpes.... is messing around with a stranger through a hole in the wall really in your best interest??