Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Just wondering guy's opinion's of hanes versus fruit of the loom boxer briefs? I've always worn FTL but the store was out and got hanes for the first time. They're pretty much the same except that the fly doesn't close as much and I've actually popped out of them. What's been your experience with them/ favorite brand?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
they seem to wear out pretty fast -- it seemed like I had to buy replacements every three weeks -- crotch wore out pretty quickly

switched to broadcloth boxers, and haven't the same problem

B_azimo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
dude i was like you i only bought toughs because its like some of the only brands walmart and target had but trust me buy Calvin Klein's or 2xist they are about the same prices as the like 6 pack boxerbreifs and they last unlike hanes and ftl upgrade its so worth it

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I found the Evolve brand boxer briefs at target, that are nice, the fabric has a great feel and they are comfortable and reasonably priced, its an off brand of 2xist... and they don't have a fly so you don't have to worry about falling out

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I get the hanes tagless comfort band boxer briefs.If anything the fly is to small to use and I've never popped out of it.As far as durability,I buy 2 dozen at a time and only have to replace them every 1.5 years.I also get my socks the same way cause sometimes it's 3 weeks before laundry gets done.

Last edited:

cwboy22

Sexy Member
Media
FTLs don't stretch out by the end of the day like Walmart/Kmart Hanes. But Hanes Classics are nice. They are made with better material. But Jockey Midways are the best and last a long time. FTLs are good for work days.

nubian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hanes is the worst--I always flop out of them. FTL was what I wore when I was younger, and although I've tried all kinds from jockey to calvin, I still feel most comfortable in good old-fashioned FTL

Agreed! that's why I never buy Hanes!

Guill

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Thanks for the opinons. I definitely like FTL better now that I've worn them more. I think the confusion with hanes is that the comfort soft ones have a tiny fly but if you just get the regular ones it doesn't. I'll have to try some of the other brands. Ed69: totally agreed about hte time between washes, thats when I have to start wearing the pairs that are a little more worn out.

Joe Boxer boxer briefs are the way to go.

As far as the fly, if you get the normal Hanes boxer briefs, yes they fly is not larger. It's easy to pop out of them. If you get the comfort soft tagless boxer briefs, the fly is much larger and you won't pop out of them. They are also very stretchy, if you know what I mean.