Hang-Ups

HornyVeteran: Hey guys. Lurking for a while and just joined today. I'm a member of another website for small-endowed men. It's a shame that these two sites aren't combined so that we can all read and post our hang-ups and deal with them together. Just about everyone with a cock has some insecurities. Well endowed guys are worried about "showing bulges," and the small endowed guys are worried about what is not seen. Especially when it comes to swimming. I found the other website thinking I was small myself. What I have learned help me to deal with my insecurities. There are guys with 3" cocks that are totally happy with what they have, as well as guy's with 9" cocks thinking it's awkward. We all at one point had hang-ups about size.
One thing I have noticed while surfing this site is the colorful screen names here like MeatMaster, DonkeyDick, Longman, etc. One post I've read here questioned if this site was truely a support group, or a group of guys flaunting what they have to each other like a locker room pow-wow. I'd have to say both. There are some guys here who are truly trying to help other guys in simular situations...and there are some who seems to like boasting they have a massive cock..and some of those guys mention it in almost every post they type. I have no quarries about self love. Everybody should be proud of what they have. It's when being proud that turns to boasting that doesn't help things. When I first started browsing this site, I didn't think guys that above average guys had any hang-ups about their size. I always thought they wanted everybody to know they were hung...you know the guys that wear jeans so tight you can see the veins pulsating. ;) I know now that not all hung guys show off...That they have issues very simular to small endowed guys. That not all hung guys think they are God's gift to the world. That not all smaller endowed guys are pricks or assholes. Stereotypes are something else huh? Both of these sites helped me to mature a little bit more on the topic of male sexuality. I think it's a good idea to look at the problems on the other side of the fence. You'll find a lot of common ground. I'm glad I live in a place and time that allows me to think my cock is my biggest problem I have. Imagine the guys that don't have anything to eat or have a place to live. It humbles you. Take care and keep an open mind.

HornyVeteran: BTW, The other site for those who didn't already know is measurection.com. Check it out.

7x6andchg: HV-

Was there a long time ago - actually that's part of how I found this place.

Welcome.

7x6&C

View_From_Below: [quote author=HornyVeteran link=board=relationships;num=1075854146;start=0#0 date=02/03/04 at 16:13:26] Everybody should be proud of what they have...[/quote]

HV, Welcome. I'm a member of both site also-- that's the one I belong to by rights, and this is the one I wish I belonged to by rights! Both have some great posts on them, and both have a real quotient of interesting, intelligent guys. You're right, it's really enlightening to look at both forums. I've learned a lot on both sides.

BUT... your post makes it sound like you think problems are equally present in both groups, and I'm wondering if you really feel that way. My own impression is that the "happiness factor" is VERY different. A high percentage of members of the other group are unhappy with their lot, and wish they could change it; whereas a high percentage of members of this group are very happy with their lot, and wouldn't change it for the world. Makes a BIG difference--so to speak--in outlook. So--"everybody should be proud of what they have"? In a perfect world, you bet. But in this world, unfortunately, it's a hard goal to achieve for many guys. The percentages of happy vs. unhappy guys in the two groups proves it. It's a lot easier to be proud of what you have if you're proud of what you have...

Anyway, I look forward to some great insights from you, on either site!

VFB

tomarctus: V_F_B, that was a very astute post. I tend to agree with you that the over endowed are more satisfied with their lot than the less endowed. I'm already large-average size on a short frame but trust me, I suffer pangs of inadequacy. Even though I realize I am satisfactorily endowed I can easily fall into a bout of envy and sadness. One reason I'm a participant here, aside from the hope of meeting some of the members (hope against hope) :), is that I know I can learn from them and I can contribute to the dialogue. It will be a wonderful day when my endowment is completely satisfying to me. Until that day I am prepared for the usual ups and downs that come from having a penis that is smaller than I wish it were. The problem is wholly mine.

7x6andchg: tomarctus -

It will be a wonderful day when man, in general, is satisfied with everything he was given.

Alas, I also think it's far off....

7x6&C

HornyVeteran: Thanks guys for the welcome. Believe me I know that in general, hung guys are happier with their tools than small-endowed guys. But for the smaller-endowed guys, in thier quest of self-love, they have came up with some intersting tid bits. Let's take oral sex for example. S-E guys say..."I'm glad my partner can take my whole shaft in their mouth. It feels so good...I wouldn't change that for the world." They have learned to accept what they have and the benifits of it. Mind you not all S-E guys feel that way, just the ones that have accepted what they were given. They say..."If I were hung like a horse, only a portion of my cock would be pleasured." Now of course there are people in this world that can deep throat an above average cock. Their logic is just about anyone can pleasure their WHOLE cock, without any left over. I'm not hung heavy like most of the guys here. But I'm sure some of the hung guys here have problems about "bottoming out."

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I participated (!) for awhile this past year over at the Measurection site until computer probs. prevented me from continuing to post there. I still kinda miss the experience of hearing from the "other side of the coin" in the issue of size.

I find it amazing how some men can be happy with what they're given (physically speaking) and others stay miserable all their lives. I don't think it's a matter of lying, covering up, or putting up a brave front....some men seem to be able to not allow their penis size to dominate their lives. I don't know how they do it!

One thing I DO know for sure. Every man at least knows about his penis, and his penis DOES cross his mind from time to time. A guy simply can't help this.
If our penis is not "what" we are, it nonethesless identifies "who" we are as a gender from day one. Unfortunately, there's the modern-day misnomer that we have to have a gigantic penis to be considered a real man. Many men carry this notion deep within their very souls, too. If a man doesn't measure up to the world's "standards" then he lives with this "disappointment" every conscious moment of his life. This self-consciousness even becomes dibilitating for many men. For many members around here, this idea may sound exaggerated, perhaps even ridiculous. But, it's true. I "sense" the expressed frustrations of these men are very genuine. I only wish I could help encourage them. I have tried---numerous times.....both here and over at the other site.

There must be some connection in a man's early years (the influences in his life from that point forward) that affects his ability then to be happy in life with himself and his body. I contend if given that healthy "start" in life with a proper attitude, then the cultural influences that men must encounter (regarding "size") might not be so overwhelming and detrimental to them personally later on in their lives. --That's just a thought.

Otherwise at this particular time, I'm still trying to figure this puzzle out. I do know this...there's an awful lot of very unhappy men disgusted over their average or below average size. And, their lives....are far from being totally happy.