Hanging naked with roommates

mattnaked77

Experimental Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just started living with a roommate after quite a few years on my own.

I like hanging naked at home but never brought it up with him. How do I approach this? Should I just hang out in the living room watching TV naked and see what his reaction is?

Reactions: GayinBK

ohioriver

Experimental Member
Media
That's what I'd do... and see how he reacts. I too enjoy being nude. It's perfectly natural... but some people don't see that. Hopefully your roommate is cool with it..

Another thought... perhaps, you could find a way to bring it up in conversation... just tell him it's natural and make sure he's comfortable.

One more thought...I'm not sure what you wear currently when your roommate is around, but if you're currently fully clothed you could just gradually start wearing less. Maybe start out going shirtless more and more, then maybe more and more just wear your underwear. Get him comfortable with you not wearing much, and then take the next step.

Just a few thoughts. Don't know your roommate, and since he's your roommate you're going to know a little about him... so just go as far as he'll let you and over time perhaps he'll get used to you being nude, or maybe sooner than that if all goes well.

Reactions: BillnotWill

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Start hanging out in your shorts. See if he flinches.

Encourage him to do the same. If he does, move on to going commando. He'll follow.

But if he doesn't want to go that way, I'd say your naked TV watching days are over. It's not going to be very enjoyable if he doesn't join you - I think that situation would be guaranteed really awkward.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would start slow like have the door open when changing, come to the kitchen for some water and back to your room in the morning and evening. See what the reaction is and then take it further. have a conversation when dressing that allows you to linger nude. Just expand it all as you are both comfortable

zawfi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I vote for what a few others have said:

Bring it up in conversation when you can: "Hey, I don't know about you, but it's been a while since I had a roommate and it's taking a while for me to get used to having clothes on all the time."

Start wearing less. I remember showing a pic to a gf once of my roommates hanging out in one of our college apartments. First thing she said was, ooh, naked boys. We weren't naked, just hanging out in basketball shorts and shirtless. Do that, commando of course, and you're more than halfway to your goal.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How old are the two of you? How long have you known each other? Are you long time friends or just met at work and hit it off? You know the guy best at the moment and the advice given is best based on you and he. You'll know which way is best - asking directly or easing into it. I've had room mates (I did it too) who walked to the kitchen or bathroom naked but never hung out naked. None of us was comfortable with being naked full time. Of course that was when we were in our early 20s. Now, I don't care where I'm naked or who's around me! :)

D_Lawsonne Lackingnuts

Experimental Member
Media
I wouldn't bring it up, because if he's not cool with it, you don't get your way.

I'm guessing you don't know this guy or else you'd two be comfortable with it. I would just start by lounging around wearing less. When you're hanging around, wear a pair of lounge pants or shorts and go shirtless. Hang out in your underwear. Walk around in your towel. Sleep naked and when you have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the kitchen or whatever, walk around naked. Change with your door open.

After doing this for a while, see if he does it, too. I wouldn't bring it up, but say things like, "Ugh I just got get these pants off, they're killing me." or "This shirt is so uncomfortable" and take it off.

Maybe the best thing to do is to hang out in your underwear, spill something on it, and say "Fuck it," and take it off and just chill nude. Be like, "I hope you don't mind dude...just thought I'd air out a little."

My roommate and I walk around in our underwear, and sometimes nude throughout our apartment. He even answered the door nude one time and didn't realize it...hilarious.

Just get him open to the idea...

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Most nudity I've ever done with roommates is the towel around the waist, hair wet, just got out of the shower thing. Maybe stopped for a couple seconds to exchange some pleasantries or say what's up, but that was all. No sustained nudity. I honestly think your best bet is to just get away with what the heat would allow someone reasonable to do. You're a dude. Take your shirt off and turn on the air conditioner. Don't get your hopes up about your shorts and underwear. Let the other dudes take the lead on that.

adam

Expert Member
Media
uncomfortable to watch rommie walk around the room naked.
shirtless is ok, but...

at least, have shorts on please.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I had a roomie years ago who wore a wrap. He's strip the moment he got in and put this towel wrap thing around his waste. The other guy in the house wore his underwear constantly as did I. We were comfortable with that but not being naked.

selfsuck1991

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
just start leaving doors open - when having a shower, going to the toilet, getting changed, start sleeping naked and the one knight just after his gone to bed then walk in to his room (while naked) one night and tell him that you left your phone in his underwear draw start going threw it. and then you might consider just start casually getting you Willie out around him and touching it! he will get used to it and you might even get lucky :)

Last edited:

mercerisland

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I started walking around the house with briefs on. He never said anything. I asked if he was cool with it, he was. Then I took it a step further and go naked, and then he asked if he could do the same. He was nervous too. Now a naked house.

kai028

Experimental Member
Media
I'm almost always nearly naked in the house. I wear skimpy briefs all the time, like bodybuilders' posing suits. Unlined. Everything is visible. Sometimes even thongs. My roomie doesn't care. He wears sweatpants and t-shirts usually, but he doesn't care that I'm practically undressed all the time. I've lived with this guy for nearly 13 years now, so there are no secrets between us. I don't know how I'd feel if we had just met.

mercerisland

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm almost always nearly naked in the house. I wear skimpy briefs all the time, like bodybuilders' posing suits. Unlined. Everything is visible. Sometimes even thongs. My roomie doesn't care. He wears sweatpants and t-shirts usually, but he doesn't care that I'm practically undressed all the time. I've lived with this guy for nearly 13 years now, so there are no secrets between us. I don't know how I'd feel if we had just met.

Like to wear my thongs too

Gnashin Teefe

Sexy Member
Media
others have suggested this too ...

just start leaving doors open (bedroom, bathroom) so that random encounters with your nakedness are not unexpected. then after a few weeks of this, make a quick trip into the kitchen or living room while naked. this will likely break the ice enough for you to know whether watching television naked is gonna fly with your new roomie.

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I too had this problem with my ex-roomate. We never made it to naked, but did make it to shorts only. I never really pushed the naked thing, because the roomie was SUPER uptight (and we were both gay... I thought that was so odd). One day I finally started hanging around without a shirt, and I got this look like, OMG! I didn't pay attention, and sure enough, within the next week, his shirt started coming off too. I probably could have gone full monty, but decided not too. The gradual approach definately works.

ohioriver

Experimental Member
Media
Great advice by many here... I tend to agree the gradual process is a good one. We live in a clothed world and most people just aren't used to people just going around naked all the time... but honestly there's nothing more natural and once one begins to live that way they realize that being naked is the most comfortable way to be... just a matter of getting over all the hang-ups that the world has put in our minds, and then one begins to realize that all the stress over nudity is silly...