Hangover cures

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Man i have the worst hangover this morning......I was wondering, what do people use for a good hangover cure?????
Part of the cure is prevention - if you are having lots of "adult beverages," you should also drink a couple of glasses of water during the evening, and a full glass of water at the end of your evening. Yeah, most likely you'll have to get up in the night, but still, it helps.

Now for the day after the night before: DO NOT TAKE TYLENOL-TYPE PRODUCTS! Anything containing acetaminophen can severely damage your liver if you have alcohol in your system. Aspirin and ibuprofen can irritate your stomach, but are still better than acetaminophen (and it's in lots of products, read the label!)

Now, for the part you've been waiting for: First thing in the morning, yes, you guessed it: a glass of water. Dehydration is a major contributor to your hangover symptoms. After that, a hot cup of weak tea with honey and lemon really help to alleviate some of the symptoms. The small amount of caffeine helps the headache, the citric and ascorbic acids in the lemon juice help to normalize the blood pH, and the honey helps to settle your stomach and gives you a bit of energy.

I hope some of this helps!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Part of the cure is prevention - if you are having lots of "adult beverages," you should also drink a couple of glasses of water during the evening, and a full glass of water at the end of your evening. Yeah, most likely you'll have to get up in the night, but still, it helps.

All very sound advice from DC...an ounce of prevention >> a pound of cure, etc, etc.

I embellish this by actually interspersing a glass of water between every round of grown-up beverages. It serves the dual purposes of slowing my overall pace of alcohol consumption, and preventing the dehydration that is the key determinant of a hangover's severity. It also helped keep my bar tabs down when I was in college and didn't have quite as many nickels to rub together.

As for dealing with the morning-after, nothing takes the sting out of a nasty one like some hair of the dog that bit you. I prefer a clean shot of vodka. Some people prefer theirs in a Bloody Mary. To each his own, I say.

Randyvoorburg

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Loads...LOADS of water! For extreme cases. It worked for me. And it works as prevention too. Not one, not two glasses...but LOADS of water, dude. You drink....you pee...you drink again...you pee...drink...

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

As for dealing with the morning-after, nothing takes the sting out of a nasty one like some hair of the dog that bit you. I prefer a clean shot of vodka. Some people prefer theirs in a Bloody Mary. To each his own, I say.
I went with the shot of vodka.......I feel better:biggrin1:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I embellish this by actually interspersing a glass of water between every round of grown-up beverages.
Haha, HazelGod, that is my real advice, but most often, when I say that, they look at me like I'm the evil BuzzKiller from the planet Church.

Really, though, it's just good, sound, physiological reasoning.

hedonic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Lots of water, liquid trace minerals which is the same as the 84 trace minerals found in the blood and in sea water, alcohol depletes us of minerals a dehydrates us, and a huge tablespoon of honey before you hit the pillow. Oh, yes, and a blow job first thing in the morning, by someone who can deep throat.

pleasureboy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Water plain and simple..a hangover is nothing more than chemical dehydration. Your body has to use stored water to metabolize the alcohol molecules, so put lots of water back in and you'll be ok.

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
from personal experience,i can tell you find some good weed and burn a joint about the size of your pinky.works like a charm!or...if you dont care for the mary jane....HAIR OF THE DOG!grab the ole bottle and give it a hefty chug.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Vodka/redbull......

though gallons of water beore bed is usually the best except who ever remembers that when they're pissed?!

rocck333

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Bloddy Mary. Lots of Louisiana hot sauce. Then a visit to Commanders Palace in New Orleans. Gumbo does the trick.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
gatorade and a greasy greasy burger if your stomach can handle it

My hangover cure is similar to yours. I usually go with a diner burger deluxe with a cup of coffee and a large coke. I like to think the burger and fries sop up all the liquor. The coffee helps to purge my system and the coke is to help rehydrate me. :biggrin1:

D_s9i75f6ruy

Just Browsing
Media
BANANAS...one of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and with the help of the honey it builds up your depleted blood sugar levels while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.