Hank williams show his ugly, nasty , ignorant side on fox and friends

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cruztbone, Oct 5, 2011.

1. cruztbone

Gold Member

AND PROCEEDS TO CALL OBAMA "HITLER". This pathetic, so-called entertainer was selected by Fox and Friends due to their anathema towards Obama. Fortunately, he apologized later, realizing how stupid and obnoxious he is.
    Unlike Obama, who didnt need his Dad to achieve the presidency, the US senate or the Illinois state legislature, Williams would have been a dead drunk in an alley somewhere without his famous daddy.
    So, thank you, right - wing America, for helping to show how truly nasty and ignorant you are, and helping to reelect PRESIDENT OBAMA !!!:smile:

2. B_bigguy83

B_bigguy83 New Member

Albums:
    i saw it... but speaking as a conservative, he does not embody the right wing.... he is an irrelevant asshole who needs to go away... there are people like this on both sides of the aisle

3. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

I am a moderate, but, I intensely dislike it when either side gives an open microphone to an idiot. The Statements of Mr. Williams are first and foremost an insult to he and his family, the memory of his late Father and to the intelligence of those involved in Country Music. His open mouth and his statements are far beyond apology.

The propensity of FOX to drop to the "gutter" giving an open mike to individuals of questionable intelligence is also something that deserves an apology. My feelings towards the Murdoch Empire and their business ethic are of long term with good reason. They appear to represent a conservative viewpoint, but, what they in truth represent is not that at all. They represent an extremist viewpoint with the sole ambition of getting ratings. Truth, honesty, credibility, and factuality are all secondary to the quest for ratings numbers. The unfortunate thing about this is that those who stand to be hurt on both sides of the fence do not recognize that FOX could turn on them in a heartbeat if the "liberal voice" would all if a sudden generate greater ratings. There is no loyalty and no honor to country here, it is only loyalty to money. Truly a sad statement of the times and that is BOTH Williams and FOX.

4. houtx48

Gold Member

I noticed he apologized yesterday, he probably hates it when they won't send a check everytime they play his song...............Didn't watch it but isn't he known for being a drunk idiot?

5. Who_Dun_It

Who_Dun_It New Member

IIRC, it runs in the family. His father was kicked out of the Grand Old Opry. because of his addictions and related behavior then died before he attempted to clean himself up.

6. monel

Gold Member

Now who on Fox News ever thought that Hank would have anything meaningful to offer to a political conversation? The guy is a hopeless moron and was so long before this episode.

7. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I just watched the clip and if you think he was calling obama hitler...take off your partisan blinders, watch it again...he was making a analogy!

8. Klingsor

Gold Member

Albums:
    Exactly. An analogy, a correspondence or similarity between two things.

In this case, he drew an analogy between Obama and Hitler. As if, somewhere in his addled brain, they were remotely similar.

Even when the incredulous FOX host gave him a chance to tone down the rhetoric, he kept right on:

Gretchen Carlson: "You used the name of one of the most hated people in all of the world to describe the . . . I think . . . the president."

Hank Williams: "Well, that is true. But I'm telling you like it is."

Now he's one more nutcase for conservatives to disavow as one of their own.

They're dropping like flies.

#8 Klingsor, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  9. JulieInNaplesFL

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Man we have a lot of rightist people here. Can you'll walk on water too?

10. D_Miranda_Wrights

D_Miranda_Wrights Account Disabled

The analogy was...

Obama:Hitler::Boehner:Netanyahu

The analogy's purpose? Both are "the enemy." Now, this guy is obviously a dumbass, so I may be overthinking what he said. However, when the blonde lady questioned him, he seemed to agree that the intent of his analogy was to suggest that Obama is alike Hitler.

I know how analogies work and everything (although I'm not sure he does -- he seems like an idiot.) To describe Obama as "the enemy," he really needed the Hitler/Netanyahu analogy? People who don't understand calling Obama "the enemy" are going to need an analogy involving an Israeli politician they haven't heard of.

He also seems to have issued an apology. The whole thing comes with one big "(sic)":

“I have always been very passionate about Politics and Sports and this time it got the Best or Worst of me. The thought of the Leaders of both Parties Jukin and High Fiven on a Golf course, while so many Families are Struggling to get by simply made me Boil over and make a Dumb statement and I am very Sorry if it Offended anyone. I would like to Thank all my supporters. This was Not written by some Publicist.”

I doubt we'll ever know the intent behind his analogy, and who the fuck cares anyway? The man seems like a total dumbass.

11. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Williams' concept of the First Amendment is strikingly similar to Mrs Palin's:

“After reading hundreds of e-mails, I have made MY decision. By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You (ESPN) stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment
    Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE. It’s been a great run.”

Freedom of speech is not freedom from the consequences of making ludicrous statements.

12. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen an American fail to understand what the First Amendment does, I could bail out Greece.

13. monel

Gold Member

It also doesn't concern the actions of private entities. Hank Williams Jr. would do well to heed the adage. "Better to say nothing and have people believe you to be stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

14. ConanTheBarber

Gold Member

I don't think he was really, at the moment he spoke, comparing Obama with Hitler or Boehner with Netanyahu.
    He was simply giving an image of two people ... and it didn't have to be Hitler and Netanyahu ... so different in perspective and public posture as to simply not belong in the same situation or sentence.
    It could have been Dick Cheney and the Dalai Lama.
    It could have been Rupert Murdoch and I.F. Stone.
    Problem is that Williams doesn't seem to have enough common sense to make a proper case for himself.
    I agree that his complaint that his free speech right had been violated are beneath contempt.
    And someone should tell him how to make an apology that actually shifts perceptions. The quasi apology he gave was risible.
    Maybe he should just stick to singing.

15. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes please

16. Klingsor

Gold Member

Albums:
    If the Obama/Hitler comparison wasn't such a persistent theme of right-wing rhetoric, I might be more inclined to agree with you.

17. Klingsor

Gold Member

Albums:
    By the way, ESPN has announced that Barry Sanders will take over Monday night intros (in a non-singing way) to replace Hank Williams.

Which is a little odd, considering that Sanders's abruptly quitting football just before he would have broken the all-time rushing record sort of makes him the Sarah Palin of the NFL.

18. ChipperCase

ChipperCase New Member

The liberals here supporting the idiot Obama dont understand analogy..it requires at least two neurons...hehe.

19. Klingsor

Gold Member

Albums:
    a·nal·o·gy   [uh-nal-uh-jee]
    noun, plural -gies.

1. a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.
    2. similarity or comparability: I see no analogy between your problem and mine.
    3. Biology - an analogous relationship.
    4 Linguistics - a. the process by which words or phrases are created or re-formed according to existing patterns in the language, as when shoon was re-formed as shoes, when -ize is added to nouns like winter to form verbs, or when a child says foots for feet. b. a form resulting from such a process.
    5. Logic - a form of reasoning in which one thing is inferred to be similar to another thing in a certain respect, on the basis of the known similarity between the things in other respects.

Feel free to tell me where in that definition an analogy between Obama and Hitler is *not* stupid and offensive.

Just my two neurons worth. :smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted