Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
R.I.P. John Lennon. (For those of you that have forgotten, this is the 27th anniversary of John Lennon's death.)
Yes,it's a date I never forget.He was always my childhood favourite.I loved his contempt for pompous authority figures.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The first Doors song i heard was Hello I Love you.
Me too! I only got into the Doors properly when I was a teenager but The Beatles were everywhere as soon as I was listening to music.
John Lennon was the guy who the older generation seemed to unanimously put on top of their hate list.That made him just about perfect to kids like me. :smile:

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"I woke up this morning, got myself a beer!
Yeah, I woke up this mornin and got myself a beer!
The future's uncertain and the end is always near!"

ROADHOUSE BLUES - Morrison Hotel - The Doors

Party on, Jim, wherever you are!

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
The first Doors song i heard was Hello I Love you. I was a child then and its still my favorite.

My stand out favorite will always Be Roadhouse Blues. That base line of that song just screams sex. After that it becomes a close race between Five to One, Peace Frog, L'america, Hyacinth House, The Spy and land Ho (even though jim hated it) but so many more deserve a honorable mention.

It is amazing to believe a man i admire, a man i almost feel connected to died almost a decade before i was born. His words and vision really do descent time

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My stand out favorite will always Be Roadhouse Blues. That base line of that song just screams sex. After that it becomes a close race between Five to One, Peace Frog, L'america, Hyacinth House, The Spy and land Ho (even though jim hated it) but so many more deserve a honorable mention.

It is amazing to believe a man i admire, a man i almost feel connected to died almost a decade before i was born. His words and vision really do descent time
I was a little sprog when Hello I love You was released as a single.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
67-68, right?

Its amazing to think think their whole career lasted no more then 6 year. of course they tried to continue after Jims death, but it could never be the same
I was just thinking 1968 was the year. I was 8 years old. I think it was the summer. Not sure. The Beatles White album too.