Happy Canada Day

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by chris999, Jul 1, 2005.

1. chris999

chris999 New Member

Jul 1, 2004
    Wishing anyone who cares a happy Canada Day, free of crashing ferries. :)
  2. Freddie53

Gold Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Didn't know. But all the people I have met from Canada personally and on this board have been super nice people.

And for my fellow Americans who know where Canada is but don't realize her importance in the world, Canada has the 7th largest economy in the world.
    Canada has a gross national product that exceeds Russia.

Happy Canada Day!!!
  3. jonb

Gold Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Not to mention hockey, cheap pills, and dozens of TV series. Some of the more famous Canadian TV series I can think of:

Second City Television -- A sketch comedy. Americans mostly know aboot the Mackenzie Brothers, eh.
    You Can't do that on Television -- Famous sketch comedy, known for Barth Burgers, the opposite sketches, and "I don't know." It's the first time Americans saw Alanis Morissette. ::cleans off slime::
    Degrassi Junior High -- Famous teen drama. 90210 was actually a knockoff, only a lot faker. And the most famous moment on Canadian television: "You were fucking Tessa Campinelli?" Now it has a spinoff with a whole new cast, but Spike, Snake, Joey, and Caitlin are all back in supporting roles.
    Kids in the Hall -- Like SNL, but gayer. Famous for the Chicken Lady, Cabbage Head, and head-crushing.
    Due South -- Wonderful cop drama. Basically a mountie goes to Chicago with his wolf-dog to hunt down the people who killed his father. There are some funny bits too, especially the overbearing Margaret Thatcher.
    The Rez -- The life and times of aboriginal Generation X'ers. It had Adam Beach back when he had long hair. That alone is enough reason to watch. Adam Beach even looked hot in Squanto: A Warrior's Tale, a Di$ney movie.
    Lexx -- Ah, Lexx. A parody of the entire space opera genre. Basically the Lexx is trying to avoid His Divine Shadow. But then things get worse because these insects eat the entire universe. But don't let the end of the universe stop the crew of the Lexx; they attract the insects into a singularity and use it to warp to the other universe.
Draft saved Draft deleted