Happy Holidays? I think not.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No offence to those from the US on the board (the majority) but WTF are folks from the UK doing using the greeting "Happy Holidays". I've challenged a few who have used it. They do not want to offend those who are not of the Christian faith. :rolleyes: Fuck Off. It's happy Christmas in the UK as it has been since pussy was a kitten. Why the hell would anyone be offended by someone wishing someone else a happy Christmas? PC gone totally out of control. Get a grip.[/rant]

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't use any sort of saying like that. I'll say "Merry Christmas" on Christmas Day, but that's it. I'm just not a very spirited person. (Though at least I've largely been able to avoid Xmas music so far.)

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's that way in the states too. My nephew came over yesterday. I said how do you like our Christmas Tree? He said thats not a Christmas tree. It's a holiday tree. They are being brainwashed and spoon - fed someone's far out political agenda in the schools. It's destroying our country.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's that way in the states too. My nephew came over yesterday. I said how do you like our Christmas Tree? He said thats not a Christmas tree. It's a holiday tree. They are being brainwashed and spoon - fed someone's far out political agenda in the schools. It's destroying our country.

In some parts of the UK they are calling them "festive lights and decorations" rather than "Christmas lights and decorations" :rolleyes: Fucking stupid.:rolleyes:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
New country song out that has some lyrics that I have started using on PC:mad: people.

Not quoted, but

Sure, I'll call it "Holiday" for ya, since that in itself was derived from "Holy Day"

So,,,Happy Holy Day! Ha! :tongue:

sidenote, even as deep in faith as my family was, Christmas was always centered around Santa Claus, reindeer and such.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
No offence to those from the US on the board (the majority) but WTF are folks from the UK doing using the greeting "Happy Holidays". I've challenged a few who have used it. They do not want to offend those who are not of the Christian faith. :rolleyes: Fuck Off. It's happy Christmas in the UK as it has been since pussy was a kitten. Why the hell would anyone be offended by someone wishing someone else a happy Christmas? PC gone totally out of control. Get a grip.[/rant]
Happy Fucking Christmas Davey! Loveyameanit!

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To me Christmas IS Christmas,
Easter IS easter,
Birthday IS birthday,
Halloween IS halloween,
4th of July IS 4th of July and so on and so on and so on!
Why do all these do gooder in the world what to change things for PC sake that have being around for hundreds of years???

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I call the holiday what it is...Christmas, Easter, Hanukkah, etc. Because I have friends of many different religions, I use the season of what it is. It just so happens that Christmas and Hanukkah fall at similar times, as do some other holidays, but what is so wrong with calling it by the proper name instead of watering things down into "happy holidays"?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I don't see what's so wrong with saying "Happy Holidays". I said it before on here that when I say it I mean it to include Thanksgiving and New Year's as well as Hannukah and Christmas. Growing up I always thought of it as meaning all those holidays and now I think of it as including Kwanzaa too.

Really, though, what I'm getting at is how can Christians be offended by someone not saying "Merry Christmas" but rather "Happy Holidays". It would be like getting upset if on your birthday people on the street didn't say "Happy Birthday" but instead said "Hello" "How are you?", "Good Morning", etc. even though they don't know you or when your birthday is.

People say "Happy Holidays" because they don't know if the person is Christian or not.

Now, with your family and friends you can say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hannukah" or "Joyous Kwanzaa" freely because you probably know what religion they are.