Happy July 4th! A Country on the Move?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I was just talking to a friend about the long weekend/extended week of the 4th. I'm doing the bounce-around thing with lots of adventures and different groupings of people in a couple of places. He's enjoying a long, quiet weekend in the City.

What are your plans?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I went to Greenville and came back last night. Today I've been laying about doing nothing. Tonight I shall undercook two massive ribeyes and drink a few beers with my son. Tomorrow, rehearsal with the other half of the new acoustic duet I'm forming with a friend. Sunday, a disgraceful amount of barbecue and then a trip downtown to see the fireworks. I'm also off Monday, so I could wind up in a mountain stream with a fly rod in my hands. Or not. :D

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm making fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans and watermelon and mint salad and we are going to the park for a picnic. NYC is wonderfully quiet on holiday weekends. Maybe a trip to a museum and a movie.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Stop stealing my thunder! :(

Do you mean fireworks or did I make a redundant thread? If so, I'm sorry.

I went to Greenville and came back last night. Today I've been laying about doing nothing. Tonight I shall undercook two massive ribeyes and drink a few beers with my son. Tomorrow, rehearsal with the other half of the new acoustic duet I'm forming with a friend. Sunday, a disgraceful amount of barbecue and then a trip downtown to see the fireworks. I'm also off Monday, so I could wind up in a mountain stream with a fly rod in my hands. Or not. :D

That sounds lovely. Although I suspect you'd rather be celebrating with some expats and their friends.

I'm making fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans and watermelon and mint salad and we are going to the park for a picnic. NYC is wonderfully quiet on holiday weekends. Maybe a trip to a museum and a movie.

That's similar to what another friend of mine recently told me he was doing. Have fun!

Crush the mint and add fresh blueberries and a little Grande Marnier and you might just jiz your jeans.

I suppose fireworks of any kind could be considered patriotic.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Trying to keep my dog from completely freaking out from all the fireworks. It's going to be a long weekend, it's already started, and the yokels won't run out till sometime next week. :irked:

Otherwise, havin a little barbeque and wavin the flag. :usa2:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Trying to keep my dog from completely freaking out from all the fireworks. It's going to be a long weekend, it's already started, and the yokels won't run out till sometime next week. :irked:

Otherwise, havin a little barbeque and wavin the flag. :usa2:

Oh I'm glad you mentioned that. My new pooch of less than three months I wonder how he'll deal w/all the noise. We can see Macy's fireworks from the living room...uh oh!

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually I totally forgot about it until I just saw this thread. I'll be on stage doing a show in Germany and then hopping on a plane to Vienna where I have a rehearsal for a new show Monday morning. On the move indeed...

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh I'm glad you mentioned that. My new pooch of less than three months I wonder how he'll deal w/all the noise. We can see Macy's fireworks from the living room...uh oh!

I hope High beam gets through all the noise ok. I'll be with family.:biggrin1:

Have a Happy, SAFE 4th everyone!

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Trying to keep my dog from completely freaking out from all the fireworks.

Oh I'm glad you mentioned that. My new pooch of less than three months I wonder how he'll deal w/all the noise.

Oh, you dog people. :rolleyes:

Actually I totally forgot about it until I just saw this thread. I'll be on stage doing a show in Germany and then hopping on a plane to Vienna where I have a rehearsal for a new show Monday morning. On the move indeed...

I thought going to see Jason's fabulous sister and bro' in law at the beach and sailing off RI and going to the Cape and Marblehead was kind of cool and fun but seriously? You take the cake, hands down. :biggrin1:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I took a flight to St. Louis to visit a friend of mine from grad school. We've been catching up on drinking and hanging with his friends. Tomorrow is a big day. There's a parade in town that we'll drive over to see. He's inviting some people over for a barbecue in the afternoon; and as soon as that wraps up, we're heading down to the Arch to see John Legend perform. On the actual 4th, I'm taking an early flight out of here to my parents' house where I'll do more vegetating and working while hanging out with the family. I'm returning to Tucson on the 12th.