Happy news...

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
....for me anyway.....and for anyone who gives a shit, or is interested, or is going through in one way or the other.... my Father received the all clear a few weeks back...after 8 months of harrowing chemotherapy, he is back, looking healthy and handsome once more, with a twinkle in his eye.

What amazed me about Dad, was that while he was in the midst of chemo, he built an amazingly well crafted vegetable patch, bordered by untreated railway sleepers, gated and posted and netted (to keep the birds off the precious vegetables)....he layed a foundation for a custom made shed he is having delivered, PLUS, he levelled the entire lawn sole handedly (a quarter of an acre) and he turfed it (this part with my help). Again, this ALL done whilst on hardcore chemo.

Just incredible, my Dad is old school, he gets on with it, doesn't complain or grumble....only moans about politics and the state of the nation. This is how he was diagnosed early with stage 1 B-Lymphoma cancer, for the first time (aged 63) last year we heard him grumbling about feeling pains in his legs and feeling exhausted. Straight to the GP then.

I hope this may give hope to anyone else who knows a loved one enduring a cancer...I understand that there is a huge roll of the dice involved depending on the type of cancer, or what stage it may be caught at, but keep faith...here is a happy outcome.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
That's great Eddy! I'm delighted to hear your Dad got the all clear.

Love the sound of his garden project too... don't suppose he fancies a 'holiday' in France, does he :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Nah, seriously - I'm chuffed for you and your family. :smile: