Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was just watching Jersey Shore and couldn't help thinking how important it is these days for a man to have the perfect body, and then in the ad break an ad came on for that R J Berger show where the main character has an enormous cock. Berger gets threatened in the ad by some girl's jealous boyfriend, who naturally has his shirt off and has amazing pecs and body etc.

Women are constantly complaining about the pressures on them to look sexy but I think men have it worse to be honest. Women are just expected to be slim whereas men are expected to have these ridiculous, unattainable bodies that you would have to work out for hours and hours and hours to achieve. Plus, if a woman has big boobs she can pretty much have a crap body. So basically, women just have to cut back on what they eat a bit, whereas men really have to put hard work in to fulfilling what society stereotypically thinks is hot.

Plus, do you think men are just easier and so are more open to compromise? A lot of girls seem to think they can get really attractive men even when they don't look so good themselves... Anyone agree?

Also, the size of a man's cock, he has no control over. He can't really wear make up like women can to look hotter... and women can just get breast enhancement easily and become automatically desirable! So do you think men have it hard?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Women are expected be slim, defy gravity, and look 19 for the rest of their lives. We are expected to be toned, but not muscular, which for some of us is a really hard balance to strike. Let's not have a war about who has more pressure to look good.

joebigcock

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Okay, I suppose I shouldn't have said worse, rather equally as bad pressures. But I have heard a lot of girls saying they want their men muscular when they themselves are fat. I think women have a lot of unrealistic preferences generally whereas men are more easily pleased.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have encountered short, obese men, with small cocks, who want their women to be tall, narrow-waisted, and have huge breasts and hips, but no ass. Did you know that most people describe themselves as above-average looking? Mathematically speaking, can they all be right? Perhaps people in general just want what they want, and it can just be left at that.

lucidbass

Experimental Member
Media
Women care less about their partner's appearance and more about personality from what I've seen. Not saying that looks aren't important, but from what I've gathered, most women really just want guys to look like they take care of themselves. Clean, cut hair and fingers nails, shaved, know how to dress well, decent weight... etc.

Men feel more pressured to be super toned/muscular by other men than they do by women....

I mean, just look at this site. Who care more about cocksize, men or women?

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Generally men prefer ordinary women, less make up, normal figure- not thin but not fat, boob size isn't a big issue either. Basically women really dont need to try hard.

I would say men are made to feel as if they need to be perfect. 95 percent of the guys I know work out at a gym atleast 3-4 times a week. Ive noticed that most younger men have very well developed tapezius muscles.
Most constantly drink protein/creatine shakes, every traditional healthy living nutritional store is now overflowing with bodybuilding supps.
We even have actual protein/creatine shops now!

So yeah we feel we have it hard, plus the perfect skin, skin tone.......

Last edited:

lucidbass

Experimental Member
Media
Plus, do you think men are just easier and so are more open to compromise? A lot of girls seem to think they can get really attractive men even when they don't look so good themselves... Anyone agree?

Men are more open to compromise because men have to settle more than women do.

Evolution is free market economics and women have the eggs, while men have the sperm. Women make a limited number of eggs in their lives, whereas men have an unlimited supply of sperm. Meaning, the demand for eggs is much higher than the demand for sperm (the rarer it is, the more desirable and thus, more expensive it becomes).

At the end of the day, it's the woman that decides to go home with some guy and it's mostly the guy's job to impress women. Why do you think men don't think highly of women who have promiscuous sex lives and call them 'sluts'? The basic psychology behind it is that their eggs are easy to obtain and thus less valuable. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with promiscuous women (from my moral standpoint), but evolutionary speaking, it makes sense to frown upon them.

So essentially, girls don't seem to think anything. They know they're in charge, because they are. We alll want their eggs, but they don't want all of our sperm. I'm being completely hyperbolic here, but it still rings true.

Also, the size of a man's cock, he has no control over. He can't really wear make up like women can to look hotter... and women can just get breast enhancement easily and become automatically desirable! So do you think men have it hard?

Women can't get breast enhancement 'easily'. It's a surgery that involves risks like any other and inserting foreign objects into their body, possibly damaging nerves in the process and possibly destroying or obstructing mammary glands.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Women care less about their partner's appearance and more about personality from what I've seen.

This woman cares more about a man's personality.

Not saying that looks aren't important, but from what I've gathered, most women really just want guys to look like they take care of themselves. Clean, cut hair and fingers nails, shaved, know how to dress well, decent weight... etc.

Such a smart guy! Please, please clean fingernails! Clean everything, clean, clean... CLEAN... unless you've been working outside, then sexy working guy dirty is fun... lets get clean together afterward!

Men feel more pressured to be super toned/muscular by other men than they do by women....

Just like women have more pressure from magazines and other women.

I mean, just look at this site. Who care more about cocksize, men or women?

Men would be my guess considering the amount of pm's I've received asking me what I think of their cocks when really... it's just a cock attached to a strange guy.

lucidbass

Experimental Member
Media
This woman cares more about a man's personality.

Yeah to clarify, I know my post is pretty much laced with generalizations and hyperboles. But it's easier to word that way.

Just like women have more pressure from magazines and other women.

Yeah, that's what I thought the moment I hit 'submit post', but I do believe that if we were to look at it as a battle of the sexes, men probably pressure women more to attain some ridiculous standard than women do to men.

It's all cultural rather than natural, though.

MsThang

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Are you kidding? The competition among women is ridiculous. I think there are way more attractive women than men and if there is a hot guy he is either gay or has his pick of women. Where the men who are average or not so attractive still has so much more choice. Pleaz I wish that was the case that I had a harem of fine men to choose from.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Generally men prefer ordinary women, . . . less make up, normal figure- not thin but not fat, boob size isn't a big issue either. Basically women really dont need to try hard.

I would say men are made to feel as if they need to be perfect. 95 percent of the guys I know work out at a gym atleast 3-4 times a week. Ive noticed that most younger men have very well developed tapezius muscles.
Most constantly drink protein/creatine shakes, every traditional healthy living nutritional store is now overflowing with bodybuilding supps.
We even have actual protein/creatine shops now!

So yeah we feel we have it hard, plus the perfect skin, skin tone.......
Your 'generalities' seem to be based on your own likes/dislikes.
What basis do you have for extrapolating they are shared by most, or even a majority of men?

Last edited:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah to clarify, I know my post is pretty much laced with generalizations and hyperboles. But it's easier to word that way.

No biggie, I don't care I just worded it that way so the grammar police wouldn't spank me. Watch the mess I make out of everything else I say.

Yeah, that's what I thought the moment I hit 'submit post', but I do believe that if we were to look at it as a battle of the sexes, men probably pressure women more to attain some ridiculous standard than women do to men.

It's all cultural rather than natural, though.

Sad thing is, none of that crap really matters. If people get together based on looks they can be in for a world of heartache. Accidents, illness and age happen. As an American I believe our entire society is to obsessed with looks and less obsessed with the things that should really matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Surgically speaking, there have been a great many advances in cosmetic enhancements for both men and women.
Men are able to get penis enlargements as easily as women are able to have breast augmentation surgery.
But in all honesty, i'd have to say that if achieving and maintaining the 'perfect' look or desirable look for the affections of either a man or a woman is disheartening in any way, imagine how awful it'd be to maintain said looks when you do 'bag' that someone "special"....i use the term loosely as i've never particularly thought of superficial people as special.
Sure, there has to be an element of physical attraction and desirability between two people, but in the end, looks fade and what you're left with after stripping away such inessentials 'should' be someone that you love and care about for who they are and not how much they've had to spend on looking a particular way.
Of course, this would only happen in an ideal world, as we are all very geared and driven to seek out "desirable" partners (more often than not - and sadly so - physically desirable) thanks in no small part to various forms of media subverting us to what will ultimately make their advertising parent companies money.
But i digress... Yes i do think it's hard being a man, but no harder than it is being a woman and certainly only if you subscribe to the idea that 'having looks' or 'looking' a certain way will make you happy.....I honestly think that such a thing is fleeting and will drive you to levels of neuroses trying to maintain such an 'illusion'.
But that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree, while i sit back, watch some telly and enjoy this gloriously greasy burger and fries... ;)

Last edited:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Surgically speaking, there have been a great many advances in cosmetic enhancements for both men and women.
Men are able to get penis enlargements as easily as women are able to have breast augmentation surgery.)
Is this really so?
And does penis enlargement work as well as breast augmentation surgery?
Honest question. I don't know.
My impression was that penis enlargement surgery doesn't work very well, except for snipping of a particular ligament, which may make you 'show' more when flaccid, but also leave your erection totally susceptible to gravity.
But Ahz jus wonderin.

joebigcock

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Haha, yeah after my moaning post I did just go out and eat a mcdonald's so I'm obviously not doing myself any favours!

And I think that what people have said is probably true, that the pressure comes from your own gender and your own insecurities, and need to compete with them. I think it doesn't help either, that men and women are wired so incredibly differently, men seem to be really visual whereas women aren't so much. So for a woman to be impressed by a man's looks it really does take something special?

joebigcock

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Is this really so?
And does it work as well?
My impression was that penis enlargement surgery doesn't work very well, except for snipping of a particular ligament, which may make you 'show' more, but also leave your erection totally susceptible to gravity.
But Ahz jus wonderin.

This is what I thought too from a program I watched on tv. Whereas it's so easy to get a boob job relatively complication free.

lucidbass

Experimental Member
Media
Are you kidding? The competition among women is ridiculous. I think there are way more attractive women than men and if there is a hot guy he is either gay or has his pick of women. Where the men who are average or not so attractive still has so much more choice. Pleaz I wish that was the case that I had a harem of fine men to choose from.

You do, but you being a woman means your standards are so much higher than men's standards are to the point where you likely don't even notice most guys.

I'm not criticizing you or any woman for that, by the way. It's perfectly natural, seeing as your eggs are much more important than any man's sperm.

I think most of the competition you experience among women is likely entirely cultural. I mean, we grow up learning that it's men who pick their wives, even though from a natural standpoint, it makes absolutely no sense. I do believe there's competition, I just don't think it's fueled by a natural desire to get a guy as much as it is by society at large for women to be more than they can be.

This is a pretty complex issue, I mean, I myself mix up the two competing viewpoints (culture vs nature) all the time as it is but the way I experience things is:

-Men pressure men more to attain some sort of unattainable ideal than women do to men from a natural standpoint (perceived competition for eggs).
-Society at large pressures women more to attain some sort of ideal image, but this is cultural

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Is this really so?
And does penis enlargement work as well as breast augmentation surgery?
My impression was that penis enlargement surgery doesn't work very well, except for snipping of a particular ligament, which may make you 'show' more when flaccid, but also leave your erection totally susceptible to gravity.
But Ahz jus wonderin.

Well, i guess i may have oversimplified things, with regards to penis enlargement being just as easy. While not as prevalent as breast augmentation, as far as i've seen in doccies, fat is often taken from the posterior and injected into the penis, increasing girth moreso than length.
While it is less common than breast augmentation, the risks are minimal...or as minimal as the risks in such a procedure could be, according to cosmetic surgeons.
As for erections, post op, i'd have to do a bit more investigating and a lot more googling before making any haphazard statements:biggrin1:

Haha, yeah after my moaning post I did just go out and eat a mcdonald's so I'm obviously not doing myself any favours!

See...junk food makes it all better:wink:

And I think that what people have said is probably true, that the pressure comes from your own gender and your own insecurities, and need to compete with them. I think it doesn't help either, that men and women are wired so incredibly differently, men seem to be really visual whereas women aren't so much. So for a woman to be impressed by a man's looks it really does take something special?

Yes, the genetic and emotional 'wiring' of men and women, or even individuals for that matter, does play a large role in what we find attractive personally, before being dictated to by the "maybe she's born with it" campaigning...

This is what I thought too from a program I watched on tv. Whereas it's so easy to get a boob job relatively complication free.

"Relatively" complication free....but it does have its risks as do many surgeries, such as the risk of the salene or silicone bursting or deteriorating within the mammaries or something less severe, but no less of a health problem being a bad back as a result of oversized breasts....ugh.

Last edited: