HARDGUARD's state of mind

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have also wondered over the years if my high sex drive is a blessing or a curse. I've been taking matters into my own hands for many years. I know, it's not a fulfilling relatioship. I does relieve the pressure, though.
I have masturbated just to keep it off my mind for a while, so I could concentrate on other things. One time, I even asked a medical doctor if there was some drug to reduce sex drive. He looked at me like I was insane.
I wish I could have gotten a picture of the look on his face. It really was priceless.

I'm still looking for a girlfriend, but I ain't found her yet. So, I'll just be horny and stroke it, until I find a partner for a real relationship. My hands should be nimble for when I work on equipment on the job. They get plenty of exercise.

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hell....I practically LIVE in the gutter......

When my mind Is on other things....it isn't for very long without some stray erotic thought(s) trying to slip back in.

And Hardguard.......
Those pics of you at that ROID&RANT link.......
:eek: :tongue:
Old Navy should be paying You to wear their undies.
:wink:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have also wondered over the years if my high sex drive is a blessing or a curse. I've been taking matters into my own hands for many years. I know, it's not a fulfilling relatioship. I does relieve the pressure, though.
I have masturbated just to keep it off my mind for a while, so I could concentrate on other things. One time, I even asked a medical doctor if there was some drug to reduce sex drive. He looked at me like I was insane.
I wish I could have gotten a picture of the look on his face. It really was priceless.

I'm still looking for a girlfriend, but I ain't found her yet. So, I'll just be horny and stroke it, until I find a partner for a real relationship. My hands should be nimble for when I work on equipment on the job. They get plenty of exercise.

Antidepressants can reduce sex drive. I actually thought about taking them for that reason, but I was prescribed them when I was going through some tough times and I can't deal with the other side effects! Basically, they make me so sleepy that I am unable to function! Literally sleeping 20 hours a day, I mean. I have to be able to work, or look for work if I'm unemployed. I am unable to work if I am on antidepressants.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately I have a really high libido and my husband did not...a major cause for our divorce. I never handle it well...I cry out of sheer frustration and hope someday I will be with a man that can keep up with me and we can go at it like bunnies! BTW, I don't live any where near you, but you're still welcome to swim naked in my pool anytime!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately I have a really high libido and my husband did not...a major cause for our divorce. I never handle it well...I cry out of sheer frustration and hope someday I will be with a man that can keep up with me and we can go at it like bunnies! BTW, I don't live any where near you, but you're still welcome to swim naked in my pool anytime!

I've run into this problem with guys I've dated. (Have never been married) Ironically, the one guy with a libido to match mine was the one guy I was chemically incompatible with (I'm convinced that I was allergic to his body chemistry...), plus I later came to find out that he was sexist, and well on his way to being an alcoholic if not there already. The sexism killed MY libido. (That's about the only thing that will, other than physical illness.)

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Antidepressants can reduce sex drive. I actually thought about taking them for that reason, but I was prescribed them when I was going through some tough times and I can't deal with the other side effects! Basically, they make me so sleepy that I am unable to function! Literally sleeping 20 hours a day, I mean. I have to be able to work, or look for work if I'm unemployed. I am unable to work if I am on antidepressants.

Yes, the side effects are not worth the benefits. The doctor I asked about did tell me about some options (after he got that dumbfounded look off his face), and I wasn't willing to put up with the side effects he mentioned.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Unless you're missing work, and it's gotten to the point of addiction that effects your everyday life, or relationships, a strong libido usually
isn't a problem. If your body is a result of deflecting your thoughts (through working out), it could actually backfire on you. I mean, looking like THAT, can only get you a constant string of... offers for MORE SEX! :wink:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unless you're missing work, and it's gotten to the point of addiction that effects your everyday life, or relationships, a strong libido usually
isn't a problem. If your body is a result of deflecting your thoughts (through working out), it could actually backfire on you. I mean, looking like THAT, can only get you a constant string of... offers for MORE SEX! :wink:

I would think more sex is what we are looking for, but can't find.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, the side effects are not worth the benefits. The doctor I asked about did tell me about some options (after he got that dumbfounded look off his face), and I wasn't willing to put up with the side effects he mentioned.

I'm on anti-depressants and have been for a few years and it hasn't taken my drive away...shit, you mean I could be worse? Nah, probably just because I'm not getting it regularly:mad:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm on anti-depressants and have been for a few years and it hasn't taken my drive away...shit, you mean I could be worse? Nah, probably just because I'm not getting it regularly:mad:

Antidepressants only have this effect on some people. They can also cause priapism in men. The doctor I talked with also mentioned estrogen therapy. After learning the side effects, I refused that as well. Most of the drugs I have had don't have the usual effects on me. Narcotics like demerol, propoxyphene, and versed don't make me euphoric or put me to sleep. Antihistamines don't make me sleepy, either. Caffeine doesn't keep me awake. I had steroid injections in my back for sciatica. I was told it may make me hyper and increase my appetite. It did the opposite, making me sluggish and decreasing my appetite. I have a weird physiology.

I have considered castration...seriously. If I had know how things would end up at this point in my life. If I was sure that would take care of these longings for women and situations that I will never have. I would have had done as soon as I turned 18. I am sure I would have had a better life without being horny all the time and without longing for women all the time. If I could trade this to some guy who could actually put it to use, I glady would. I don't seem to be able to put it use, other than to exercise my hands.:mad:

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Antidepressants only have this effect on some people. They can also cause priapism in men. The doctor I talked with also mentioned estrogen therapy. After learning the side effects, I refused that as well. Most of the drugs I have had don't have the usual effects on me. Narcotics like demerol, propoxyphene, and versed don't make me euphoric or put me to sleep. Antihistamines don't make me sleepy, either. Caffeine doesn't keep me awake. I had steroid injections in my back for sciatica. I was told it may make me hyper and increase my appetite. It did the opposite, making me sluggish and decreasing my appetite. I have a weird physiology.

I have considered castration...seriously. If I had know how things would end up at this point in my life. If I was sure that would take care of these longings for women and situations that I will never have. I would have had done as soon as I turned 18. I am sure I would have had a better life without being horny all the time and without longing for women all the time. If I could trade this to some guy who could actually put it to use, I glady would. I don't seem to be able to put it use, other than to exercise my hands.:mad:

Surely, there must be a woman in your neck of the woods who has a high libido...don't give up...or maybe you could move out here:smile::biggrin1: :wink: ! Seriously, not to make light of your situation...I do understand what frustration is, but don't take drastic measures.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think Viking1 is just kinda picky. I bet there are at least a dozen women in his area that would love to go out with him. At least half of those will have a libido which matches or surpasses his own.:smile:

Surely, there must be a woman in your neck of the woods who has a high libido...don't give up...or maybe you could move out here:smile::biggrin1: :wink: ! Seriously, not to make light of your situation...I do understand what frustration is, but don't take drastic measures.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think Viking1 is just kinda picky. I bet there are at least a dozen women in his area that would love to go out with him. At least half of those will have a libido which matches or surpasses his own.:smile:

There might be, but I ain't found 'em yet.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Yeah, maybe he could hook up with one of us...we'll wear him out for sure!:smile:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I just don't have ANY luck with women, regardless of their libido.

If I had the money to do so, I'd be glad to move. I doubt that would help. Running from ones situation seldom really helps. If I could just fix it to where it didn't bother me, then it wouldn't matter. Would it? That's all I want is to be happy and not bothered by this. I really don't care by what means. I really don't care if can ever change my situation. I just want to be (at least reasonably so) satisfied. I'm not asking for utopia, I just want to not be tormented by this all the time. It really has been a torment for me. I am seldom happy or satisfied.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I had the money to do so, I'd be glad to move. I doubt that would help. Running from ones situation seldom really helps. If I could just fix it to where it didn't bother me, then it wouldn't matter. Would it? That's all I want is to be happy and not bothered by this. I really don't care by what means. I really don't care if can ever change my situation. I just want to be (at least reasonably so) satisfied. I'm not asking for utopia, I just want to not be tormented by this all the time. It really has been a torment for me. I am seldom happy or satisfied.

I hear you dude, my worst fear is not never having sex again; but growing old alone. :frown1: I don't care what anyone says finding someone to care about who also cares about you is not easy.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hear you dude, my worst fear is not never having sex again; but growing old alone. :frown1: I don't care what anyone says finding someone to care about who also cares about you is not easy.

Actually, I have BOTH of these fears!

It's been six years since I've had sex, and not by choice! I just don't get noticed that way! I sometimes wonder if I will ever get the opportunity again. Most people have more sex in less than one year than I have had in my entire life! I do try to wear flattering clothes when I am around attractive men, or are going to be in a situation where I may meet attractive men. I still don't get noticed.

And finding someone to care about who also cares about me... well, I sort of did find that but there were some problems that couldn't really be overcome. He and I are still good friends though. He is 11 years older than me and has chronic health problems though, so even if we were still truly in a relationship, chances are that we would not grow old together. He will more likely die 20 years before I do. I know that there are compatible people out there, it's just a matter of finding them (and before they're married to someone else! The guy I've met who I believe I would've been the most compatible with was married to someone else before I ever met him. And of course since I'm not a homewrecker I kept it purely platonic.)

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Yes, exactly. Although, I would like to have sex before it's too late, I want
it to be with somebody I care about. Finding that somebody has proven to be very difficult. Sometimes I think a one night stand would be good, (I can't find that either) just to prove to myself that I'm a "real man". I'm just too conservative, personality wise for that, anyway. Guess I'll die a lonely virgin.

Falcon9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I had a little time to reflect. Some of the comments here have been great, and inspiring actually. Thanks 36DD, Pirate Wench, Viragus, NJQT, Vince, MB2, Act2, and quite a few others! I have been making changes in my life and as a result of hard work (at work, at the gym etc.) I feel better than I have in some time. My drive has always been very strong... and it remains in fast overdrive (which keeps the alternator running fast which will then overcharge the battery which means the energy is still trapped inside. Now I know how a smartass Prius gets all that excellent mileage). But seriously, I am for once it seems being a bit more careful now about starting any new relationship. I have learned to coast a little and to put my drive on hold a bit as I am becoming more selective in finding a partner. It is nice to feel we can speak about things that frustrate us here, and to learn in the process that others share similar feelings.

Thanks. Now I can go back to thinking about.... you know what!