Harnesses

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Imported, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Imported

Gold Member

mkhonto: Can anyone help?
    I had a horrible experience recently: I've just started sailing a trapeze catamaran , and trapeze harnesses for dinghy sailing aren't cool! I usually wear briefs under street clothes, but under a wetsuit I wear a Speedo or lycra shorts and dress my cock down one leg to hide the bulge.
    When dinghy-sailing with a trapeze harness, I almost have it amputated by the crotch-strap, and when I tuck my cock up the front, it gets crushed by the waist-strap. Where to put it, or are Lerakis-type nappy-harnesses better for trapezing, or do I wear my usual cotton briefs underneath and suffer terminal nappy-rash?
    For those that want to know, a harness is usually a back-support with shoulder-straps, a waist strap, and a crotch-strap/s connected to a bloody great hook or plate by your navel, but I know that there are Lerakis-type harnesses available. Lerakis harnesses are what Americas Cup foredecks wear- like a climbing harness.

2. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

I'm glad to see another sailing guy on here - I do a bit of it myself, not so much anymore, but have done quite some tours with my Dad, and when my lady can get us a boat, we like to go out. But that's no race sailing, so I can't really help you with your issue, sorry.

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice