Harper Family - Took the money and ran

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Television show - TV Show - Yahoo! TV

My vote - throw them all in jail - forever.

Oh yes... and reposess the SUV's too. Every last one of them.

"After the Harper family used the two-story home as collateral for a $450,000 loan, it's set to go to auction on the steps of the Clayton County Courthouse Aug. 5. The couple did not return phone calls Monday, but told WSB-TV they received the loan for a construction business that failed."

Riiiiiight....

Last edited:

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A prime example of why really decent people find it impossible to get help from others. The Harpers' greed and utter gall shows why most people are hesitant to reach out and offer assistance to those really in need.
If I had been one of the 1800 people that helped build them the house, I'd feel used and utterly betrayed.
The Harpers need some jail time at the very least or a massive amount of community service; like working with habitat for humanity. Put them to work in New Orleans rebuilding homes for people who will genuinely appreciate a nice house it live in.
Part of the blame needs to go to ABC and Extreme Home edition as well. I think many times they go completely overboard in building the homes on there. People need a roof over their heads, a decent place to live in, but not a huge mini-estate.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Part of the blame needs to go to ABC and Extreme Home edition as well. I think many times they go completely overboard in building the homes on there. People need a roof over their heads, a decent place to live in, but not a huge mini-estate.

I agree. For what they built that house for, they could have built SEVERAL 1400sq ft ranch style homes with basements.

Yes, they need to be taken to jail and then forced to do community service - including the children. Make them earn it.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Blame the tv show, what sense does it make to give that much home to someone who doesn't have the means to afford and maintain it ? Oh wait, that's why the real estate industry and home mortgage lending industry is in trouble ?

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
The Harpers' greed and utter gall shows why most people are hesitant to reach out and offer assistance to those really in need.
If I had been one of the 1800 people that helped build them the house, I'd feel used and utterly betrayed...

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/54051/

The Harpers are fully responsible for their own stupidity and not ABC. They should have had the wisdom to take in lodgers to provide income as opposed to putting themselves into debt and becoming homeless. Their Lake City Georgia home had an ideal location. Atlanta Int. airport/ Airport Metro rail station from the Harper's home is ~28 minutes drive by car. Alternatively after a 19 minute walk from the house public transport could be used.

Last edited:

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Blame the tv show, what sense does it make to give that much home to someone who doesn't have the means to afford and maintain it ? Oh wait, that's why the real estate industry and home mortgage lending industry is in trouble ?

You overlooked this part t-99::rolleyes:

Television show - TV Show - Yahoo! TV

Beazer Homes' employees and company partners also gave $250,000 to the family for the couple's three children and a home maintenance fund.