Harrassment via email.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A friend of mine hase been getting nasty emails on a regular basis from a yahoo account. He passed all the details onto yahoo. They wrote back and told him they have dealt with it but refuse to give any details.

It has been suggested that he write back and demand details so that he can pass them onto the Police. Does anyone know if they are obligated to pass on the details? If so is there a law he can quote to them to strenghthen his case?

Thanks in anticipation folks.:smile:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know what jurisdiction you are talking about, but it's possible that he's just out of luck. If he could convince the police to do so, they could probably get a subpoena for the information, but it would not be an easy (and probably not a cheap) task.

I would recommend that your friend let it go, unless the emails start again. If they do, that would be a good time to report it to the police.

All emails carry header information that can usually be tracked, if the situation demonstrates that such an effort is warranted.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks DC he his pretty determined to follow this through. His jurisdiction is Tenerife, Spain. I'll pass on what you said.