Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Synergistic, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Synergistic

Synergistic Member

Albums:
    Well after coming home from work, I found the sixth book on my doorstep, delivered in a quite obvious box, I can be glad it wasn't stolen. Twelve hours later, including meals and snacks, the only question I have is how long til the next one comes out?

2. robertomuro

robertomuro New Member

Yeah, I have the same question. Thoroughly enjoyed it although perhaps there was a sliiiggght bit to much romance in it. But book 7 should be awesome.

3. thufirhawat

thufirhawat Member

Albums:
    i'vebought it yesterday but didn't started to read yet. I will first finish "the war of the worlds" by H.G. Wells (in French). Then I'll start HP and the Half-Blood Prince...in English, of course...but keep in mind that I'm a French-speaker and so I read English less faster :p

I read the whole 5 other books thouroughly in English, and I GREATLY enjoyed them...I also enjoyed the movies a lot ! I'm expecting November with impatience...

4. naughty

Gold Member

HI guys ,

Well we in my family are doing it like this .My brother started reading from book one about a week ago. When the book came out on Friday night he bought it and is reading it now.I am now in the process of reading through the series again before I read the 6th book. You would be amazed at all of the things you forget and are able to pick up as you read it again.

Naughty

5. warmsunshine

warmsunshine New Member

I thought it was a great read and I really liked the romance that was in it. She did introduce a new tangle towards the end though. If I didn't know the series was going to only be 7 books, I would say that she's got enough "story" to last at least 2 or more books! I hope the last one won't feel cramped or rushed.

I can't say that I'm totally shocked by the ending, but still VERY sad, nonetheless.

I would think the last book shouldn't take as long as the others, given she should already know where the story is going and the last chapter is already written.

I wonder what Scholastic is going to do when it's finished? They're doomed!

6. iggy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i read in the paper that j.k. rowling will start writing book 7 by the end of the year...

she'll be spending some time first with her young 6 year old daughter...

7. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

I don't want to pretend that I'm a big read, but this series is definetly NOT on my agenda.

Bruce

8. dufus

dufus New Member

I have never read one of the Potter books, but I am tempted to read all of them after reading that Pope Benedick condemned them in 2003 when he was Cardinal Ratsinger by writing that the books "deeply distort Christianity in the soul." I seriously doubt that Ratsinger ever read one of the books. His reaction was typically that of a dominant male who feels treatened by something he does not understand.

Draft saved Draft deleted