Harry Potter

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
The last good Harry Potter was #4 - Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince were very disappointing. I will doubltless find an English language copy sometime in the next 6 months and read the fucker - but only for closure.

Predictions:
Dumbledore will do an Obi Wan
A Weasley WILL die - dunno which one - there's so many of the buggers one of them is bound to cop it
Voldemort will turn out to be related to Harry
Harry himself is Voldemort's final Horcrux

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
I can admit that I have a certain level of excitment for the book coming out. Ginny isn't going to die though.
Mr/Mrs Weasley is.

How horrible... You can't make the Weasley 5 orphans, though.

Even though I read the spoiler website (and think it's bunk anyhow), I was initially inclined to think that someone like Neville Longbottom - the botganist guru - would be sacrificed. You can just imagine it: Harry gets split up from Hermione, Ron, and Neville. Voldemort then appears behind Neville and then incants the Aveda Kadevera curse. on Neville. Neville is at the end of his family's line, his parents are dead anyhow, and his grandmother is elderly .... Who would really miss him after a few years? (Sorry to be so crass_

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Neville is at the end of his family's line, his parents are dead anyhow

Sorry to be an anorack - but they aren't dead - they are insane and committed (having been tortured over an extended period by Barty Crouch & Co with the Cruciatus curse - I believe)

Edit: Or did they die in the last one while I as nodding off?

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Sorry to be an anorack - but they aren't dead - they are insane and committed (having been tortured over an extended period by Barty Crouch & Co with the Cruciatus curse - I believe)

Edit: Or did they die in the last one while I as nodding off?

No, you're right. I thought they were killed off because of torture, but they are just infirmed. I only remembered that Neville's grandmother was his guardian now and assumed that it implied the death of Neville's parents.
Still, I do believe Neville would make a sacrificiable character that wouldn't put permanent damage into the whole narrative continuum, especially if there were ever to be an adult Harry Potter.

I objected to the prediction of Hermione's death because people are still curious to see how powerful she'll become. The future of women's lib is tied up with her. As well, there's the prurient curiosity as to whom she'll marry one day: Will she and Harry just be "friends" for life, will Ron haev enough courage to express his true interest in her, will Hermione sacrifice her sexuality for her career, or will Hermione try to be superwoman by having a family and career and balance them perfectly? The history of modern womankind is invested in her.

Harry Potter could be sacrificied, perhaps, if you want to turn him into a Christ-like figure.

I could also see Snape sacrificing himself as a form of penance to Dumbledore and personal redemption for himself. Snape has no children and no wife and has led a complex life. In the Armageddon of magical duels, you could eliminate him and still have a story that resolves harmoniously. Just IMHO

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Can't freaking wait till book 7 comes out! How about you fools?!?!?!?

(SPOILER WARNING)

I almost didn't click the link for this thread...a couple years ago (before #6 went on sale), I got tricked into viewing a web page with an embedded audio clip where some asshole screams "Snape kills Dumbledore!" after a couple seconds of random chatter.

Totally
fucking ruined the suspense of the story.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
The last good Harry Potter was #4 - Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince were very disappointing. I will doubltless find an English language copy sometime in the next 6 months and read the fucker - but only for closure.

Predictions:
Dumbledore will do an Obi Wan (nope, he's dead, but his picture ain't)
A Weasley WILL die - dunno which one - there's so many of the buggers one of them is bound to cop it (make that one or two. Voldemort loves to kill the parental figures of Harry)
Voldemort will turn out to be related to Harry ( nah... harry's just a horicrux)
Harry himself is Voldemort's final Horcrux. (ding ding ding!!)

A few more predictions...Warning, I am usually good at this, so don't read unless you really want to have an idea.

1) Sirius and Harry will talk in the pocket mirror.
2) Snape will sacrifice himself to save harry.
3) Neville will battle Bellatrix and win.
4) Peter pettigrew will help harry figure out how to destroy the horicrux inside him:tongue:
5) Dumbledore will give harry advice from the portrait.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

A few more predictions...Warning, I am usually good at this, so don't read unless you really want to have an idea.

1) Sirius and Harry will talk in the pocket mirror.
2) Snape will sacrifice himself to save harry.
3) Neville will battle Bellatrix and win.
4) Peter pettigrew will help harry figure out how to destroy the horicrux inside him:tongue:
5) Dumbledore will give harry advice from the portrait.

Right on bro. I don't mind spoilers. The idea of reading is to gather information.

It's almost July. When can we talk about how good Daniel Radcliffe looks in his Equus pics?