Harsh 4 letter C word for a Woman?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by PacknThick, Feb 19, 2007.

1. PacknThick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was listening to a morning radio show(On FM, not AM) and they were discussing the most brutal word to call a Woman, 4 letters begins with C. To my Knowledge it is CUNT. I didnt think that word was that harsh. Nor did I think the harshest word to call one even began with a C. Maybe Im wrong, ofocourse they didnt say it on radio or spell it out. Then they changed it to dudes.
    You all agree the 4 letters and C = CUNT?

2. hung_martin

hung_martin Member

Words are just words. If people take offence, that's up to them.

3. Principessa

Gold Member

What planet do you or these radio hosts live on?

Cunt a.k.a. "the C word" has never been used as a term of endearment for women. It is always derogatory and negative. Where I come from, a man calling a woman a "bitch" will get slapped; but call her a cunt, and prepare to have your ass literally kicked to the curb.

njqt466

4. hung_martin

hung_martin Member

You're wrong, nigt466.

If you look into where these words come from and what they actually mean, cunt (which is derived from the name of a goddess) is a whole lot less offensive than vagina (which basically means sheath, i.e. just a place to stick your sword).

But everyone has the right to be offended by whatever they choose anyway.

I'm just saying you're wrong that it's never been a good word. Pre-13th century for example, it was always a good word.

5. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

The earliest 'cunt' citation in the Oxford English Dictionary features the word as a component of a London streetname: circa 1230 in Southwark, there was a street called Gropecuntelane (though variants of the name include Groppecountelane, Gropecontelane, and Gropecunt Lane). The street was part of the 'stews', the Southwark red-light district, though its name was not confined only to London. There was also a Gropecuntelane in Oxford (later renamed Magpie Lane), a Grapcunt Lane in York, a Cunte Street in Bristol (later renamed Host Street), and a Rue Grattecon in Paris.

Cunt: Etymology [matthewhunt.com]

Fascinating stuff.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

While I do not doubt your etymology lesson, both you and Lord P are referring to England 700 years ago!

The OP lives in 21st century America, many words have changed in meaning or completely fallen off the planet in the last 700 years. The shock jocks he was listening to on the radio know full well the current inflammatory meaning of the "C" word hence their not actually saying it on air.

I still maintain that if you come to the north eastern US and utter that word to a woman; even in the sweetest of voices your butt is getting dropkicked to the curb.:biggrin1:

7. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

How quaint. :biggrin1:

YouTube - The Mighty Thor - "This Bloke Came Up to Me"

8. Principessa

Gold Member

9. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

10. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Call me what you will. I know who I am. Someone's opinion of me or use of words changes nothing.

11. steelearch

steelearch New Member

To call a woman a cunt is generally considered incindiary language, that is, if she responds in a violent physical manner, there might be no charge against her (legally!); however, I've noticed that to use the word as a vulgar euphemism for vagina seems more acceptable (much like saying "fuck me" rather than "make love to me"). Even Eve Ensler coopted the word "cunt" in The Vagina Monologues (and why does a gay guy know so much about vaginas???)

12. Gisella

Gold Member

:shrug:

Well..because english is not my mother tongue "cunt" is just another neutral word ...I will not even remember or is familiar to use it to get mean to no one really...plus I dont even choose it to call a vagina, because I prefer "pussy" sound.

I like to use for males their own male organs names etc but in erotic sensual intimacy situation.

13. DGirl

Gold Member

I would just LAUGH in your face.." Is that all you can come up with? I would have to ask the person........

14. hung_martin

hung_martin Member

Who cares? Just because a word is powerful to you and some people you know, that doesn't mean the whole world agrees with you.

I know plenty of girls who are happy with the word cunt.

We don't all have to think alike.

15. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

No, we don't all have to think alike,but I would challenge you to have the "girls" you know,come on this site and post, that they're perfectly happy to have you call them a cunt!
    Sorry, I'm not buying that load of shit. njgt is absolutly right on this point, as far as you calling some woman you dont know a cunt? Watch out, boy!
    Also, I volunteer to sit on LPD's face to shut him up, all day
    and all night! Open wide, baby!

16. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Blah... do not call me a cunt.. or I'll cut your balls off... but you are free to use the word cunt in place of vagina... please.

17. hung_martin

hung_martin Member

I wouldn't call a person of any gender a cunt, but I think using cunt instead of vagina is fine.

Oh no! Me and Thick_Kink agree on something. Scary!!

18. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I think if we mean a derogerotry term i think of a man more or a cunt than a woman. Ive never called a woman a cunt only men :confused:

And off the top of my head the words i take offensive to would be Mole, Whore and Bitch

19. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

What's a mole?

The little furry near blind thing?

20. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I guess maybe its an Austrlian thing .. The best way i can describe it is a redneck, slut, bitch etc, etc all rolled into one

Draft saved Draft deleted