Harvard PhD & Constitutional Scholar: Obama Produce It or Lose It

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
His mother was American so he is an American citizen no matter where he was born. Does natural-born mean he has to be born on US soil? McCain wasn't born on US soil but the US Senate approved a resolution affirming he was a "natural-born citizen." So the Senate could do the same thing.

And how is someone supposed to have a birth certificate if his parents lost it or something? Nobody can remember where they were born, we have to trust what people tell us. If Obama does not have the original birth certificate that was given to his mother, then all he can do is produce the one from the records in Hawaii.

It's silly rule anyway that the president has to be natural-born. I could see being born a citizen as a qualification. Someone could be born in the USA, live in another country for 50 years, move to the USA for 14 years and become president at age 64. Would that person somehow be more "qualified" to be president than Obama?

I disagree. No other country allows foreign born or naturalized citizens to be Prime Minister or President, why should we.:confused: Also I don't want somebody for president who chose to live somewhere else for 50 years. :cool:

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since we are talking politics, and you all seem to know tons about American politics, I want to ask anybody this question that I have already posted elsewhere... [I asked Rec3 since hes savy on the topic but he don't respond]
Who is the politition that talks like Elmer Fudd?
I can not remember his name as usual, one recent night he was on CSPAN, was talking to an interviewer off screen.. And when he talked he made you think of Elmer J Fudd!
I am serious. He spoke with a articulation or phonemic disorder or a form of a rhotacism that sounded spot on like Elmer Fudd. And he was talking, and you were supposed to take him serweeus!
What Is His Name? PLEASE!

U.S. Representative Barney Frank from Massachusetts

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Also I don't want somebody for president who chose to live somewhere else for 50 years. :cool:
Well, according to the rules, someone can do that and become president. He just needs to be a natural-born citizen and have a permanent residence on US soil for 14 years prior to being president.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yup, again - in other words, 1Bigg1.. Deal With It - Obama is and will be The President of The United States. Birth certificate or not. There will be no changing the course of history now.. makes me kind of glad to be alive at this time so I can literally experience what will later be called an epic change in the course of United States history

Don’t be so sure of yourself here, a court order producing no legitimate birth certificate is what’s called a game changer.

Its not like they are going to put a plaque up on the front door of the White House that says African Americans only… with a sign on the back door that says whites only… and we won’t paint the white house brown and call it The Ebony House, but the white wash is so 20th century and that would be kinda of cool just to infuriate the white supremacy minority. Are they still breeding, by the way?

I’m certain they are still breeding just like black hate-mongers are breeding, you know, the “whitey invented AIDS to kill people of color" Reverend Wright types and other rabid Obama supporters like Louis Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton

If you are saying that Keyes' credentials speak to the possible merit of his case, then I agree with you if that 'speaking' is to those who are not involved in the case itself. In other words, it might be persuasive to you and I, but it doesn't change his standing in the case itself.

I agree here and never implied his standing in the case is enhanced after it hits the courts. This was a headline and defense of a headline only.

Yes, but the law doesn't require that the candidate show his credentials to anyone who asks. I am assuming that there is some place in the process where his citizenship is established. That place is not in Alan Keyes living room nor is it in yours.

If someone suspects something illegal is going on, then they can attempt to file suit as Alan Keyes and others have done. Beyond that, Obama doesn't owe anything to anyone who happens to come along and challenge his legitimacy.

It’s been pointed out Obama demands full disclosure for anybody in his circle while at the same time he refuses to release his own records including producing a signed copy of his birth certificate. While he may have a right to do that, it doesn’t say much for those who vote for such hypocrisy. They are the point in my showing of their fallacies i.e. getting them past their mindless apologist agenda and actually thinking for a change.

I suppose, but it is indistinquishable from what trolls do.

Troll is such an abused word anymore (especially on this website) its only real meaning is “one that doesn’t agree with my opinion”

You sure got 1BiGG1's number. This was a previous post of 1BiGG1's using the same "PH.D" device of the wingnut, wackaloon::rolleyes:

I gotta love how some of you are so weak the only thing you can do is go on and on about nothings. Interesting how you never point out the nothings from the left-wingers which outnumber anything I have done a zillion-fold isn’t it? Even more interesting I pointed out the mistake and corrected it saying he has a Masters instead but you just troll on that issue instead of conversing about the many valid points he made.

I think he's been possessed by Trinity.:eek:

I have no idea who Trinity was but he/she is mentioned here so much I’ll assume he/she wasn’t another run-of-the-mill eyes-glazed-over-ObamaBot-zombie that cannot debate their way out of a paper bag = certainly an admirable trait no matter what else in on his/hers resume.

No, Bush won't. 1BIGG1, Obama won and it just eats you up, doesn't it? You've got 4 more years at least to deal with it on a daily basis. Sweet! And keep up the detective work, you're doing a great job.

The mindlessness of the ObamaBots is what eats me up and I make an attempt at letting them in on what’s not a secret. Granted, my chances are greater for seeing a threesome between Vladimir Putin, Ali Hoseyni Khāmene’i and Rosie O’Donnell then getting through too the eyes-glazed-over-ObamaBot-zombie mindset here but I try! :wink:

Boondocksaints

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Bigg1- do you realize that there is an unresolved legal debate about whether McCain himself is considered eligible to be President?

He was born in the Panama Canal Zone, then under U.S. jurisdiction. That is not the US. Article II of the Constitution states that "no person except a natural born citizen . . . shall be eligible to the office of president." The problem is that the Founding Fathers never defined exactly what they meant by "natural born citizen," and the matter has never been fully tested in court.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Two can play that game. At least Obama was born on American soil by an American woman. :tongue: ...

It’s of course already been determined Americans born to military families on military installations are citizens and eligible unlike somebody who's own grandma says he was born in Kenya.

...The truth is other than being a war vet and POW McCain has no experience either. I'm sorry he got caught and was tortured but the American people did not owe him a presidency.

I think you missed the rest of John McCain’s resume ...
  • United States Naval Academy
  • Lightweight boxer
  • Fighter Pilot
  • National War College
  • U.S. Navy Captain who as commander won his squadron its first-ever Meritorious Unit Commendation
  • U.S. Navy's liaison to the U.S. Senate
  • 17 military awards and decorations:
Silver Star
Legion of Merit with Combat V and one gold star
Distinguished Flying Cross
Bronze Star
with Combat V and two gold stars
Purple Heart with one gold star
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Medal with one bronze star and Numeral "2"
Navy Commendation Medal with Combat V and one gold star
Combat Action Ribbon
Prisoner of War Medal
Navy Expeditionary Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Vietnam Service Medal
with two bronze stars
National Order of Vietnam

Vietnam Campaign Medal
  • U.S. House of Representatives
  • U.S. Senate
Sits on the following committees:
Ranking Member, Senate Committee on Armed Services
Member, Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Airland
Member, Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities
Member, Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Personnel
Member, Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Readiness and Management Support
Member, Ex Officio, Subcommittee on SeaPower
Member, Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
Member, Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Affairs, Insurance, and Automotive Safety
Member, Subcommittee on Interstate Commerce, Trade, and Tourism
Member, Subcommittee on Science, Technology, and Innovation
Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
Member, Senate Committee on Indian Affairs

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
His mother was American so he is an American citizen no matter where he was born. Does natural-born mean he has to be born on US soil? McCain wasn't born on US soil but the US Senate approved a resolution affirming he was a "natural-born citizen." So the Senate could do the same thing.

Now without changing the Constitution and that ain’t happening so a lying Kenyan or Indonesian (whichever he turns out to be) can get the Presidency without a fight.

If he is telling the truth and his grandma was the liar = fine but his grandma had nothing to hide so I doubt it was her. :wink:

And how is someone supposed to have a birth certificate if his parents lost it or something? Nobody can remember where they were born, we have to trust what people tell us. If Obama does not have the original birth certificate that was given to his mother, then all he can do is produce the one from the records in Hawaii.

A copy of the original will have the doctor’s signature. If you lose yours you can request a copy from the hospital you were born in and it will have the doctors signature. Isn’t it interesting Obama cannot do the same when there are 17 federal lawsuits filed all over the country asking for one *and* his own grandma says one does not exist?

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It’s of course already been determined Americans born to military families on military installations are citizens and eligible unlike somebody who's own grandma says he was born in Kenya.

The question whether McCain meets the "natural-born citizen" requirement for the presidency is now, of course, entirely idle; nonetheless, the fact is that it remains unresolved. In 1937, a law was passed that made children born to US citizens in the Canal Zone US citizens, but that was a year after McCain's birth. There was a law passed in 1790 under which persons born to US citizens abroad were declared "natural-born citizens," but that law was repealed by another passed in 1795 that made no such specification.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The question whether McCain meets the "natural-born citizen" requirement for the presidency is now, of course, entirely idle; nonetheless, the fact is that it remains unresolved. In 1937, a law was passed that made children born to US citizens in the Canal Zone US citizens, but that was a year after McCain's birth. There was a law passed in 1790 under which persons born to US citizens abroad were declared "natural-born citizens," but that law was repealed by another passed in 1795 that made no such specification.

McCain's Birth Abroad Stirs Legal Debate - washingtonpost.com

]“McCain is a natural-born citizen because the United States held sovereignty over the Panama Canal Zone at the time of his birth, on Aug. 29, 1936; because he was born on a U.S. military base; and because his parents were U.S. citizens.”

The Senate unanimously agreed with this and I think it’s safe to say the courts will as well.

Now a Kenyan or Indonesian pending that turns out to be the case is another story the courts will certainly not agree with.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm afraid even Dr. Phil can't help BiGG anymore. Why do you keep going on and on about this? Obama is the next president and you can't change that!

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Alan Keyes is a total douchenozzle. He has zero credibility outside of the AEI and Rush Limbaugh's racist minions.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Troll is such an abused word anymore (especially on this website) its only real meaning is “one that doesn’t agree with my opinion”...

Yes, I agree with that 100%, but a true troll then goes on to insult those who don't agree with him. Both principles can be seen in the example below.

...The mindlessness of the ObamaBots is what eats me up and I make an attempt at letting them in on what’s not a secret. Granted, my chances are greater for seeing a threesome between Vladimir Putin, Ali Hoseyni Khāmene’i and Rosie O’Donnell then getting through too the eyes-glazed-over-ObamaBot-zombie mindset here but I try! :wink:

QED

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm afraid even Dr. Phil can't help BiGG anymore. Why do you keep going on and on about this? Obama is the next president and you can't change that!

The courts here can. Maybe by your 19th birthday you can start with some American studies so you know what you are talking about once and awhile?

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The courts here can. Maybe by your 19th birthday you can start with some American studies so you know what you are talking about once and awhile?
------------------------------------

Do you know anything about the world, not including America?

And no, srr. My schedule is a bit cramped right now:

Economy, advanced maths, statistics I and II, sociology, psychology, philosophy, information systems (IT), Digital electronics, management of organisations, law, financial accounting, English, French and German.

But I'll see what I can do...

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
McCain's Birth Abroad Stirs Legal Debate - washingtonpost.com

]“McCain is a natural-born citizen because the United States held sovereignty over the Panama Canal Zone at the time of his birth, on Aug. 29, 1936; because he was born on a U.S. military base; and because his parents were U.S. citizens.”

Maybe you should have quoted a little more of that article, like the first two paragraphs:

The Senate has unanimously declared John McCain a natural-born citizen, eligible to be president of the United States.

That is the good news for the presumptive Republican nominee, who was born nearly 72 years ago in a military hospital in the Panama Canal Zone, then under U.S. jurisdiction. The bad news is that the nonbinding Senate resolution passed Wednesday night is simply an opinion that has little bearing on an arcane constitutional debate that has preoccupied legal scholars for many weeks.
As I said, the fact is that the question remains unresolved -- and will in all likelihood remain so, since there is no reason for it to come before the Supreme Court.