Has Any of You Got Sexually-Transmitted Infections?

prabusemesta

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Five or six days ago, I got this painless lump in my left groin. Some days after that, I started to have painful greenish-yellow soft patch right close to the lump, especially when touched. I've also had a small ulcer on my oral cavity.

Two weeks ago, I indeed had a sexual relationship with a guy after months of abstinence. We made out and we gave blowjob to each other. He even ejaculated in my mouth twice. We didn't do anal sex though.

As a medical student, I've searched some literature and I found that I might have chancroid and I treated myself with azithromycin 1 g PO single-dose and I would wait for the next few days to see if I recover from the symptoms.

I am not quite sure though about my diagnosis, so, has any of you got chancroid? What was it like? Or have you had any other sexually-transmitted infections? How did you cope with that? I am really afraid that I might as well have HIV co-infection.

auspoz

Expert Member
Media
I think your symptoms mean that your dick will drop off next Thursday.

I'm astounded that as a medical student you're coming here for advice. Geez, grow up. Go to a (graduated) doctor, get sexual health tests. Otherwise you'll never know.

And as for calling out HIV as the big fear: just goes to show how far society has to go when a med student turns to LPSG with their stigma-induced fear. Phut.

As I said, grow up.

Last edited:

travis1985

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Gotta go get tested for real, bud. If you're concerned enough to ask, there's really nothing any of us could tell you that would actually confirm your fears or put them to rest. Getting tested can be scary sometimes, but you might as well get used to it if you're going to be sexually active, especially with guys.

prabusemesta

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
In English, I think you meant to ask: "Do any of you have sexually transmitted infections?"

Sorry, just had to.

I guess you're an American, because in British English it's okay to use "Has any of you...". CMIIW.

I think your symptoms mean that your dick will drop off next Thursday.

I'm astounded that as a medical student you're coming here for advice. Geez, grow up. Go to a (graduated) doctor, get sexual health tests. Otherwise you'll never know.

And as for calling out HIV as the big fear: just goes to show how far society has to go when a med student turns to LPSG with their stigma-induced fear. Phut.

As I said, grow up.

I put HIV/AIDS as a big fear because it indeed is something to fear of, therefore many health workers have campaigned about safe sex. Speaking about the stigma, yes, people living with HIV/AIDS are not the ones to keep away from. They should instead be given social supports. So, HIV/AIDS is something to fear of, not the sufferers.

Gotta go get tested for real, bud. If you're concerned enough to ask, there's really nothing any of us could tell you that would actually confirm your fears or put them to rest. Getting tested can be scary sometimes, but you might as well get used to it if you're going to be sexually active, especially with guys.

Yeah, I am going to get tested in the next three months. Thank you for the advice.

Last edited:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In English, I think you meant to ask: "Do any of you have sexually transmitted infections?"...

I guess you're an American, because in British English it's okay to use "Has any of you...". CMIIW.

In my hundreds of conversations with quite a variety of Brits, I've never heard any of them start a question with "Has any of you got..."... Just sayin'.

Jeeez, I started this thread just to know if any of LPSG users has got sexually-transmitted infections (STIs) and I wanted to hear their stories.

Sorry if my first reply detracted from your serious concern. I hope you will see a doctor soon, as your condition does sound strange and should be looked in to.

I did get infected with an STI once, "the Clap", Gonorrhea, probably the most easy, common STI to deal with... I knew there was a problem within two days, as it hurt to piss, and my urethra was itchy. I went to my doctor who diagnosed it and treated me with penicillin. It went away immediately with no problems.

The worst part of it for me was "mental", because it was contracted on my first sexual experience with someone I was very much in love with at the time. I egotistically assumed that he was holding out for me, too, but it turned out that he was still having sex with his slutty "ex". (I hope that isn't too much information!) I let him know, and he went to his clinic and got treated for it... We are still friends to this day, and every once in awhile we joke about it... Nice first "date", right?... Dinner and a movie, then off to the VD clinic the next day... lol

A/B

Last edited:

Hairylegs

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Azith will certainly get chancroid, and probably chlamydia. However, it won't touch garden variety MRSA, which a pubic abscess certainly could be. For heaven's sake, see a doctor! With azithro on board, it will be very difficult to culture, but at least a gram stain will give you some hints. OBTW: treatment of an abscess is always drainage, possibly with the addition of an antibiotic. And chancroid is unimaginably rare in the US. Oh, another hint: STDs LOVE company, especially in gay men. If ya got one, you've probably got more than one, again, all the more reason to get tested. And yes, that includes HIV!

auspoz

Expert Member
Media
Ok. I'll respond then if you insist.

1) The first STI I was diagnosed with was HIV in 2008. I never consented to sex without a condom EVER, and my health and psych team suspect I was infected "by stealth". But, that seriously doesn't matter any more, does it?
2) I've since been diagnosed and treated for chlamidia (azithromycin) and Ghonorrhoea (some kind of A-B)
3) all the throat infections over those years may have been the clap.

So. Go get tested. Actually, it's really sad to have to say this to a "med student". Got any other interests? I wouldn't trust you to treat me in a New York minute!

Ps. I also got crabs once. Itchy.

Last edited:

latinluva

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
All I can say is I don't think so? I mean not that I am aware of. I once had to go to the doctors for a throat infection. Funny thing is...it happen right after I sucked a cock that I initially thought,"I think this guy has something". But hey....I dunno!

eschnarf

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok. I'll respond then if you insist.

1) The first STI I was diagnosed with was HIV in 2008. I never consented to sex without a condom EVER, and my health and psych team suspect I was infected "by stealth". But, that seriously doesn't matter any more, does it?
2) I've since been diagnosed and treated for chlamidia (azithromycin) and Ghonorrhoea (some kind of A-B)
3) all the throat infections over those years may have been the clap.

So. Go get tested. Actually, it's really sad to have to say this to a "med student". Got any other interests? I wouldn't trust you to treat me in a New York minute!

Ps. I also got crabs once. Itchy.

Damn. I was wondering if a true condom user has ever gotten HIV. That is horrible. Always been a big fear of mine as a only safe sex haver.

Damn. I was wondering if a true condom user has ever gotten HIV. That is horrible. Always been a big fear of mine as a only safe sex haver.

Yes condom users can and have gotten aids. There are a couple ways it can happen. The most common beinf that condoms are not 100% fail safe. Even without breaking the aids virus may slip inside because there may be poors in the condom's laytex that are larger than the aids virus. There is also the fact that once the condom is off it is possible for body fluid to get places it is not supposed to be. You of course would not let someone bleed all over your sheets and just ignore. The thing is though after sex if a couple snuggles up and anything leaks from the penis; it may very well be close enough to a mucus membrane (vagina, penis, anus, mouth, eyes, and nose; you may have an issue. All bodily fluids need to be treated with extreme prejudice.

12dave

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I cannot believe that this is from a med student and you are asking strangers for advice. Grow up, get a life and choose another profession.