Has anyone gone Camping?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And I don't mean being camp. :biggrin1:

I am looking into possibly going. There is a gay campsite in Pennsylvania and in Upstate NY and one in Central Florida (for when I move).

I don't know if I will be ready for a tent. I have been looking on line and the pop up tents seem the easiest. I might just go for a day pass visit.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I went backpacking many a year in Greece with a tent in my twenties, I travelled by ferry from island to island. More recently I camped out in the Sinai desert.

If you are looking for advice Mem, the one word of advice I would give is that if you need a good nights sleep and the weather is hot, then go to bed early! You'll find that by 8 in the morning your tent has turned from a little haven into a roaring furnace....even with the flap open....many a morning I found myself hungover, unceremoniously rolling out of my tent, unbearably hot, only to fall asleep again to awake with terrific sunburn!!!

Ahh, the memories....

Also, invest in a self inflating mattress, can be a bit bulky, but if you are willing to heft the extra load, it sure beats the hell out of sleeping on a foam mat.

Last word (!)....if you are choosing a site with facilities such as toilets, showers etc....always check their condition. It's not pleasant relieving oneself or going for a shower in an open sewer!!

Good luck!

Edx

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I went backpacking many a year in Greece with a tent in my twenties, I travelled by ferry from island to island. More recently I camped out in the Sinai desert.

If you are looking for advice Mem, the one word of advice I would give is that if you need a good nights sleep and the weather is hot, then go to bed early! You'll find that by 8 in the morning your tent has turned from a little haven into a roaring furnace....even with the flap open....many a morning I found myself hungover, unceremoniously rolling out of my tent, unbearably hot, only to fall asleep again to awake with terrific sunburn!!!

Ahh, the memories....

Also, invest in a self inflating mattress, can be a bit bulky, but if you are willing to heft the extra load, it sure beats the hell out of sleeping on a foam mat.

Last word (!)....if you are choosing a site with facilities such as toilets, showers etc....always check their condition. It's not pleasant relieving oneself or going for a shower in an open sewer!!

Good luck!

Edx

Thanks for the advice. I will probably just check out the place with a day pass and maybe then stay in cabin.

D

deleted3782

It seems half the fun of a gay compaground would be the after hours hijinx. If you go home after cocktail hour you will miss the bonding and laughs.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you are looking for advice Mem, the one word of advice I would give is that if you need a good nights sleep and the weather is hot, then go to bed early! You'll find that by 8 in the morning your tent has turned from a little haven into a roaring furnace....even with the flap open....
Yes,if you have even early morning sunlight on your tent the heat becomes unbearable.Don't leave a carton of milk in there!
In addition to an airbed,wet-wipes and a torch are essential.
I'll be sleeping in a tent once again in 10 days time at Glastonbury.
Why has this :raincloud: suddenly appeared? :biggrin1:

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Yes,if you have even early morning sunlight on your tent the heat becomes unbearable.Don't leave a carton of milk in there!

No worries Yorkie, good weather is definately on its way, have a great time mate

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I love camping! Make sure you go with someone you like because tent sex is the best--it's awkward and annoying but so much fun. Enjoy.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi Mem, enjoy, its brill, just make sure your not allergic to grass, i was and came out in a rash from head to toe, take calamine lotion with you just incase, brill life though, think of Brokeback Mtn.

I'm not allergic to grass, but poison ivy takes me out of service for a while.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I would never bring a torch *thinks of Frankenstein movie*
But I will bring a flashlight :wink: or camping light.

Have fun on your trip.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
During the stressful years of my first internment on Nightmare Island, I was forced to join the Boy Scouts. We had a dreadful weekend outing at Pouch Camp-yeah, nice name for a bunch of boys and men-go hang out for a few days in a POUCH. Well, it rained that fucking weekend. It rained and rained and rained some more. You know the type of rain-Bob 'The Plagiarist' Dylan wrote of it-Buckets of Rain. Mercifully acid rain was yet to come.

Well, I awoke that morning and found myself in a flood of water. My sleeping bag was soaked-those things get heavy when wet. I was instructed by Mr. Cottone to roll the thing up and I lunged at his crotch to start rolling his skin. (Okay, I made that skin roll thing up-act surprised). I rolled my bag up-sleeping bag- fucking perverts, what'd you think I meant?- and collected my clothes and headed with someone off down the road to the outside of the camp where there was a car. It kept right on raining. To this day, when I feel mud beneath my feet, I am transported back to that day.

Somebody-I know not who, deposited me from a car in front of our home on a desolate street with acorn and chestnut trees (and even a few maples) and surprise, surprise, nobody was fucking home. I sat on the uncovered porch in the rain and then had a brilliant thought! I went inside and up to the second floor where the neighbor answered the door. I was ushered inside and asked not to drip on the floor. I headed into the kitchen and sat at the table where I was given a cup of coffee-I knew it was wrong to refuse hospitality and took it. He smiled and offered me a cookie, I shook my head no; since, I knew cookies were dangerous. Then he pushed a pack of cigarettes towards me, I nodded and took one out, he flicked the lighter and lit my cig as I took a long drag on it feeling the tar and nicotene gently coat my throat and lungs. I felt like an adult and didn't want it to end as I sipped my coffee and smoked the cigarettes. I stared out the window and saw Mr.Rusiellio exiting his house with his lovely wife, I wondered if they'd adopt me. Mr. Rusiellio had bought a Christmas wreath from me the previous year.

Long story shortened, my Grandfather eventually came home and I went up to the third floor where I changed into dry clothes.

The next camping trip involved cabins and snow (it was winter). I was a hit that weekend, reading the crappy jokes which came in the packages of Chuckles that I had stolen from the Woolworths (I to this day do not know if that is against the Boy Scout oath). Shortly thereafter, I was denied access to attend Boy Scout Camp for a few weeks in the summer, and I quit the Scouts and took up smoking and pool playing (I was pissed off having sold my share of Scout candy and nuts to get money for the camping trip).

I have also semi-camped in Najaf when I've returned to the homeland-the places tend to be missing a wall here or there and at other times, it truly is tentville. Nothing is more enjoyable than a nicely cooked meal over a fire or in a makeshift oven. Camping can be enjoyable if you're with the right sort of people and the weather stays favorable.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes. Love it. Former Boy Scout here.

I second the comment about the air bed. It sure as heck beats sleeping on the ground.

Camping in national and state parks can mean you see lots of deer and rabbits (at least here in NC), as well as a few chipmunks, squirrels, and assorted other small animals.

Camping in gay campgrounds--well, you see lots of animals. Not necessarily small ones. :eek::biggrin1::tongue:

But I really like clothing-optional places that have lots of shade so the tent isn't a roaring furnace by 10 a.m. The only catch is that you have to keep looking for ticks (which carry Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever, didn't you know?). [Though it can be fun helping others look for ticks amid their fur. Hmmm. Bearish boyfriends can be VERY interesting when naked, outdoors.]

:smile: <---my attempt at an innocent smile :biggrin1:

But there's nothing like waking up to the sound of bird calls. And going to sleep to the sound of frustrated mosquitos buzzing around your tent windows, open to let the night breezes in.

NCbear (who went to a gay campground with his honeybunch for Memorial Day)

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response