Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No worries Yorkie, good weather is definately on its way, have a great time mate
Cheers Tardis,we're certainly due for a sunny one after the last two mudbaths!

I would never bring a torch *thinks of Frankenstein movie*
But I will bring a flashlight :wink: or camping light.

Have fun on your trip.
Thanks,will do!
I'd forgotten the "flashlight" Americanism,I prefer naked bodies to naked flames on the campsite... :boobies: :smile:

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Pop up tents are pretty good, but try to get one with a fly sheet. Definitely take a blow-up mattress. Don't bounce up and down on it too much though as they have a habit of bursting if you do. Another thing you might consider taking is these self-heating coffees and meals. Saves lugging a stove and gas bottles - and cuts down on dishes. Not so environmentally friendly, but, well, what is these days? Then, if you do enjoy it, you can invest in more kit as required.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Camping is so much fun I think, it's like you are sleeping outside...
I go camping every summer with my friends, we take three or four tents with us and put it up. Last year we had the problem that we had a campsite where the ground was sand, so not good for holding your tent...
You must take a chair with ya (the one you can buy in campingstores), because after a few days only sitting on the ground, you can get backproblems. Choose a campsite with good showerbuildings, they are a must! Take a tarpoulin with ya, so you don't sit on the sand, ...
Always bring a flashlight!!! A good sleepingbag is a must, maybe a tiny pillow too...
Man, there are so many things to tell.

Ciao

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I Love sleeping in my tent. I'm a mountaineer who has been on Expedition in Nepal 4 times and have spent many a night in my tent at anywhere from 70 degreesF to -20 degrees F. Invest in a THERMAREST. Makes it feel as though you are sleeping in a bed. They are amazing. I've even used mine where I put it down directly on a glacier and slept like a bug in a rug!

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You can get a tent with a separate outer rain fly, it also shades from the sun, with air circulation between. The tent is not waterproof, so there is less condensation inside.
A thinsulate sleeping bag will not absorb water, like cotton or down.

I take tents when I go kayaking. I just carry a bivouac sack when hiking. I like sleeping outside and watching the stars. Have an RV but haven't used it for several years.

I hate camping. If it's not at least in a maxi camper with a hot water shower then I have no interest in it. I like hair dryers and computers and real beds and food and room service. Trees and wildlife are not things I don't have already outside my window.

Last time I went camping was in Boy Scouts. We had circa WWII tents with no floors and the camp ground had no grass. It rained for the entire three days turning the entire place into MUD. There was mud everywhere and the moisture soaked into everything including the sleeping bags. Necessities included gang latrines that stunk from hundreds of feet away. Shitty, shitty, shitty, experience.

My idea of camping is something like an African safari with lots of cottage-sized tents, fine china, and zillions of porters to carry it all and servants to take care of everything.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I hate camping. If it's not at least in a maxi camper with a hot water shower then I have no interest in it. I like hair dryers and computers and real beds and food and room service. Trees and wildlife are not things I don't have already outside my window.

Last time I went camping was in Boy Scouts. We had circa WWII tents with no floors and the camp ground had no grass. It rained for the entire three days turning the entire place into MUD. There was mud everywhere and the moisture soaked into everything including the sleeping bags. Necessities included gang latrines that stunk from hundreds of feet away. Shitty, shitty, shitty, experience.

My idea of camping is something like an African safari with lots of cottage-sized tents, fine china, and zillions of porters to carry it all and servants to take care of everything.

But even under such marvelous circumstances, you'd still have to deal with insects the size of Buicks and all of our lovely reptile friends down here in Florida in a soaking tropical downpour. There's nothing quite as moist as not being able to tell if you're soaked from sweat or the ambient humidity even when it's not raining.

I'm still in the lounge. The AC is fabulous and the adorable bartender makes a mean Mojito.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
But even under such marvelous circumstances, you'd still have to deal with insects the size of Buicks and all of our lovely reptile friends down here in Florida in a soaking tropical downpour. There's nothing quite as moist as not being able to tell if you're soaked from sweat or the ambient humidity even when it's not raining.

I'm still in the lounge. The AC is fabulous and the adorable bartender makes a mean Mojito.

I guess I won't see you at Sawmill Campgrounds in Dade City. :frown1:

See, to begin with, I wouldn't camp in Florida. I prefer more temperate climes. Wild things wouldn't bother me. That's what the porters and servants are for.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I guess I won't see you at Sawmill Campgrounds in Dade City. :frown1:

Sweetie, it's a bathhouse with dirt floors :wink:

But I'll gladly arrange a rendez-vous at Halo or Score in SoBe.

See, to begin with, I wouldn't camp in Florida. I prefer more temperate climes. Wild things wouldn't bother me. That's what the porters and servants are for.

Even then...

But I knew Mem was planning a trip down here, and adjusted my "camping horror" to that scenario.

Bbucko
(Who went winter camping with the Boy Scouts many times and is still traumatized)

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I adore camping.
But one place I really want to camp is Jack's Camp on the edge of the Kalahari.
It is 5 star camping with a full "Hemingway service"

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sounds Hawt. Dirt floors are cleaner than bathhouse floors. :biggrin1:

It's hawt alright...about 87 degrees with a steady rain :cool:

I adore camping.
But one place I really want to camp is Jack's Camp on the edge of the Kalahari.
It is 5 star camping with a full "Hemingway service"

That sounds like Jason's wet dream, complete with bone china and polished sterling flatware.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I haven't been camping since being on the East coast, but it is one of my favorite spring - fall activities. I really need that "communing with nature" feeling to recharge at least once a year. The long, leaving civilization drive up to a distant camp site is also heaven.