Verified
Gold
Media
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I love this thread and inspiring stories. Update: decided to bulk a bit for late 2019 as my arms weren't increasing in size. I think I did a decent job. I gained almost 20 lbs. 175 to 193. BUT my pants fit the same more or less so I am assuming the bulk of weight is not around the abdomen. I want to cut now and get body fat back down to see muscles pop. I was called a DILF by two young gay dudes at the gym, so I am high as a kite on that compliment. What's really odd is my wife actually prefers the dad bod as it was "cute and cuddly" but my kids call me "pecs" because chest is looking good if I don't say so myself. On the chest press machine I use for warm ups, I've maxed out. I lift all 250 lbs for six reps before I lift the free weights (180 lbs for 5 reps) on incline bench press. For the first time in my life I can do 12 consecutive pull ups. I'm 38 and a dad of three. You can do it dudes

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am from the ectomorph side of the spectrum (commonly called a hard gainer because my metabolism is so high I burn everything off rapidly), which was great for swimming. Once I got in the gym and started lifting seriously, and had a solid trainer that knew what he was doing to guide me, I packed on some beef and competed in bodybuilding several times. The biggest thing people don't realize because they buy all the marketing crap out there is that it really comes down to two things: dietary choices and consistent exercise. The transformation takes years--plural--not 30 days or a few months. Here's a pic of me at 140# and another during bodybuilding competition at 180#. I've been as thick as 200, which is really beefy on my slim frame.
View attachment 20767331 View attachment 20767371
I must say, your pre-bodybuilding appearance was already fine. Okay, not as muscled as now you were in no way a blobby at all.

MilfBanger78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've done it a bunch of times

When I was like 20 I got hooked on weight gainers, lifted heavy went from 160 to 239 in a yr, lotta muscle but lotta fat, then did a big cutting phases down to 180 very lean. Few yrs ago was 320, cut down to 235 pretty muscular in about 8 months. Now I'm kinda just in muscle-bear mode lol. I like basic lifts and being bulky with muscle

Jez27

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I joined the gym at around 105bs. First day at the gym I couldn't lift a single pin in the cable machine. Feeling a bit humiliated and embarrassed it took me a couple weeks to get the courage to walk in again. 6 years later I've had setbacks but I'm glad I didn't just give up. I guess this is a game of consistency over perfection. Congrats everyone. Very inspiring stories and impressive transformations!

CoolHanz

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Back when I turned 30 (25 years ago...ugh), I got fed up with my undefined, borderline “doughboy” physique. I started walking every morning, then gradually progressed that into running. I set small (difficult but achievable) challenges for myself to keep me interested and engaged. Then I joined a sports facility in my area - it had a decent gym, a natatorium, and other facilities. I started going there damn near every day. I liked the gym because they had great equipment and a clientele that didn’t make me feel intimidated or self conscious. So, my routine was to run in the mornings, go to work, come home, take the dog out, go to the gym, work out on weights for 45 minutes, then swim. People at work were amazed. One woman asked me if I was sick because I lost so much weight fairly quickly.

I had built up so much stamina and I felt great.

It took a large investment of time which was fine for me at the time because I was single and I had to find little motivators to keep me going. Queer as it might sound, when I started to run, I really wanted to get to the point where I was comfortable running in just shorts without a shirt. With a hairy, doughy body, that seemed like a pipe dream, but I did get to the point where my only reservation was my hairy chest and tummy - I was extremely self conscious about that at the time. Now the queer part, not only did I overcome the worry of losing the shirt, I altered my running route so that - from time to time - I could also loose the shorts for about half a mile. What can I say, nudity was a big motivator for me...

Time, dedication, prioritization, achievable goals....

Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
First day at the gym I couldn't lift a single pin in the cable machine. Feeling a bit humiliated and embarrassed it took me a couple weeks to get the courage to walk in again. 6 years later...
dude that is the hardest phase, good for you for sucking up the embarrassment and keeping forward, now you have the reward!

Back when I turned 30... Time, dedication, prioritization, achievable goals....
Bud great testimony! and yes, "time, dedication, prioritization" and consistency is the name of the game.

Here is me 15 years apart, hate the before pic on the right but its a good reminder!

Attachments

Last edited:

andigazed

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Reading through this thread has been a proper inspiration and I'm going to remember to revisit it when I need a top up on motivation. I have always carried some extra weight. I work hard, but I don't eat the best. I feel like I'm so close to being on the cusp of looking good and feeling good about my body but I either can't get there, or for some reason I can't explain I'm scared to. It's great hearing from real people about their struggles, setbacks and successes. Thanks guys

I have had setbacks too. Managing those setbacks are beyond difficult at times. How does one not get discouraged, when the back breaking, consistent, hard work you put in does not yield results? I need a professional to guide me, and tell what i'm doing wrong. But when I sense a trainer is laughing inside at my effort, is uncomfortable with me, or is as usual influenced by the gossip to hate me-I'm deprived of professional assistance. Btw, yesterday I weighed myself. I'm 269 pounds.

Reactions: Anguia10