Has anyone made a true transformation?

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
Keep up the great work. We all have our problems to overcome. You look like you're naturally slim so perhaps it's hard for you to gain muscle, but when you do, it shows. I've always been heavy so it's always been hard to build muscle and lose fat, so whatever muscles I have are hidden. From guys I've spoken with and compared, we always tend to admire and envy the opposite of what we are. I don't compete. The only guy I have to compete with is the man I was yesterday.

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I actually would like to use this as a way to document the transformation...I'll post my progress.
You already look pretty damn impressive @The Impaler . I'd definitely muscle worship you as you suggested in another thread. After some more size and shredding, I'd be going insane.

Reactions: The Impaler

Nick Davis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
That's fantastic, @Nick Davis ! Good job! Would you be willing to share any before and after photos? If so, you can crop your face out if you're concerned about privacy. If not, that's okay. I think anyone who has gotten frustrated with trying to get in shape would be very motivated to see how much you changed yourself.
Ill try to find a few. There aren't that many before pics since I didn't like what I saw.

Reactions: bkmuscledad

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
Ill try to find a few. There aren't that many before pics since I didn't like what I saw.
I have them and look at them sometimes when I get impatient, and it reminds me how far I've come.
Naturally, I don't share them with anyone because they're embarrassing. As a matter of fact, when I saw myself in them, that was what motivated me to get back into fitness in the first place.

Reactions: Nick Davis

Stabilo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hi! Well my workoutplan was and still is good. The only problem was the execution of some exercises which I was doing wrong. It concerns mostly the compound movements. I was doing bench press with the bar wrong for like 18 months. i couldn't grow my chest and my shoulders became proeminent as they were much more used. Today I corrected this and I focus more chest growth on inlcined bench press with dumbbells. Also the execution of squats was wrong, until recently I had never finished a leg workout with quads on fire as I was taking most of the weight on my hamstrings and glutes. I changed position, lightened the bar and kept focused during my trainings.
To correct all this I watched youtube videos, listened to knowledgeable people at the gym and took some class at a crossfit center where they teach compound exercises. We always learn ;)
you are doing really a good job man!

Reactions: bigD-Ben

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wouldn't say I went through a major transformation from my perspective. I had been exercising regularly and with intensity for many years when I first started doing Crossfit (on my own, not ever in a 'box.'). I felt like I was in excellent shape.

I decided to give Crossfit a month. The month wasn't out before my wife told me I'd gone from "suburban-dad-fit" to "scary fit." I hadn't lost any weight at all, yet one of the neighbors asked her if I'd been unwell because I looked like I lost a lot of weight.

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
I wouldn't say I went through a major transformation from my perspective. I had been exercising regularly and with intensity for many years when I first started doing Crossfit (on my own, not ever in a 'box.'). I felt like I was in excellent shape.

I decided to give Crossfit a month. The month wasn't out before my wife told me I'd gone from "suburban-dad-fit" to "scary fit." I hadn't lost any weight at all, yet one of the neighbors asked her if I'd been unwell because I looked like I lost a lot of weight.
Thanks. I'm guessing you feel good from this. May I ask, how did you do the Crossfit on your own? I'd be really interested in that, because I like the exercises, but dislike the Crossfit environment.

Reactions: Stabilo

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks. I'm guessing you feel good from this. May I ask, how did you do the Crossfit on your own? I'd be really interested in that, because I like the exercises, but dislike the Crossfit environment.

I'd either go to their main website and look at the WOD or make up my own. One of Crossfit's basic principles was that you could do the workouts anywhere with whatever equipment you could find so long as you could do the movements. For example, you didn't need an Olympic bar with needle bearings and rubber plates to do "cleans"--you could use anything heavy. I never learned to do a handstand pushup, so I'd do dumbbell presses instead. It was 'close enough' for my purposes.

I got interested in HIIT about a year before I heard about Crossfit, but ddin't realize it could form the basis of a whole workout program.

I think my problem was that I was doing too many metcons at the max, and I plateaued. Now I do my own version of metcons every once in a while but spend most of my time with regular squats, bench, presses, and deads.

Reactions: bkmuscledad

Galloper

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How many times a week?
I'd either go to their main website and look at the WOD or make up my own. One of Crossfit's basic principles was that you could do the workouts anywhere with whatever equipment you could find so long as you could do the movements. For example, you didn't need an Olympic bar with needle bearings and rubber plates to do "cleans"--you could use anything heavy. I never learned to do a handstand pushup, so I'd do dumbbell presses instead. It was 'close enough' for my purposes.

I got interested in HIIT about a year before I heard about Crossfit, but ddin't realize it could form the basis of a whole workout program.

I think my problem was that I was doing too many metcons at the max, and I plateaued. Now I do my own version of metcons every once in a while but spend most of my time with regular squats, bench, presses, and deads.

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media

Thanks for taking the time to explain how you do it. I will definitely look into it, and I appreciate that you pointed out both HIIT and Met Con. Your photos show that you're definitely doing something right :)

The Impaler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Killer thighs, man.

Plasticroad1

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
you are in really nice shape now, how long did you work for it man?

4 years ago I decided I wanted to get in shape. I hired multiple trainers and got extremely dedicated. I finally found a trainer that wasn't just looking to take my money and actually taught me what he knew while I was training with him. I went from a 150lbs skinny guy to a 175lb guy that can't get away from the gym. I've actually become an online coach and trainer now myself; I just fell in love with how I was looking and what I was doing.