Has anyone made a true transformation?

richard12

Expert Member
Media
4 years ago I decided I wanted to get in shape. I hired multiple trainers and got extremely dedicated. I finally found a trainer that wasn't just looking to take my money and actually taught me what he knew while I was training with him. I went from a 150lbs skinny guy to a 175lb guy that can't get away from the gym. I've actually become an online coach and trainer now myself; I just fell in love with how I was looking and what I was doing.
Thats sounds great man! When all the hard work pays off, you would never give up your fit body,lol.And its also nice to see a fit body like yours in the gym too. But damn! You got great motivations for 4 years long, any tips for a one year beginner? I started workout a year ago, my weight was increasing, until 5months ago, it stopped, doesnt get down nor up, like 65kg, its awkward that stuck at same weight lifting over and over again, didnt find a breakthrough to heavier weight.

Plasticroad1

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Thats sounds great man! When all the hard work pays off, you would never give up your fit body,lol.And its also nice to see a fit body like yours in the gym too. But damn! You got great motivations for 4 years long, any tips for a one year beginner? I started workout a year ago, my weight was increasing, until 5months ago, it stopped, doesnt get down nor up, like 65kg, its awkward that stuck at same weight lifting over and over again, didnt find a breakthrough to heavier weight.

All in your food man. I tell my clients "it's 20% what you do at the gym and 80% what you eat in the kitchen." Without getting a handle on your macronutrients, you won't be able to get the results you want.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I stopped weighing myself once I hit 300 pounds. God only knows what I actually topped out at but the before pics here were about 280 and shots I felt were flattering... So I looked smaller than I was in them. Current... I'm 5'9" and 195-200 any given day, with a visible (but not sharp) few abs and obliques... 19 or 20% body fat that'd be lower if not for loose skin. I was also fairly immobile due to herniated discs and a host of other back issues and have gone from being in constant pain and not being able to sit/stand/lay for more than 20m or so without wanting to cry... to a 345lb squat, 365lb deadlift (that I don't push very hard *because* of my back), and 255lb bench, MMA training at every given opportunity, and contemplating trying out for the titan games. No pain pills. No surgeries. Nada.

Attachments

Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I stopped weighing myself once I hit 300 pounds. God only knows what I actually topped out at but the before pics here were about 280 and shots I felt were flattering... So I looked smaller than I was in them. Current... I'm 5'9" and 195-200 any given day, with a visible (but not sharp) few abs and obliques... 19 or 20% body fat that'd be lower if not for loose skin. I was also fairly immobile due to herniated discs and a host of other back issues and have gone from being in constant pain and not being able to sit/stand/lay for more than 20m or so without wanting to cry... to a 345lb squat, 365lb deadlift (that I don't push very hard *because* of my back), and 255lb bench, MMA training at every given opportunity, and contemplating trying out for the titan games. No pain pills. No surgeries. Nada.
Wow, amazing!

Reactions: Snarky_succubus

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
Thank you for sharing that, @Snarky_succubus . Yours are the stories and photos that help inspire others who are too intimidated or frustrated to take the first steps to getting healthier, and even those who need regular motivation to keep going. I admire your discipline, and the results are amazing. Keep up the great work. :)

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Awesome transformation. You're an inspiration for us all.

Stabilo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We all do, Bro. That's why I created this thread. The vast majority of people give up after a while. I admire anyone who sticks with it and really turned things around for themselves.
Yeah I totally agree with u. Having a support like a gym buddy is really important. I think that the best thing is to elaborate a routine and then sticking to it

I lost 40 lbs for health reasons. I drastically changed my diet because I had to, and I started hitting the gym hard again. I don't post pics, so you'll have to take my word for it. I'm 51 now, but nobody ever believes my age. Most people think I'm anywhere from 35-40 years old. I never get tired of hearing that!

Murphys

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Congrats to all who’ve made transformations and are continuing to move forward! :

In the last year and a bit, I’ve lost almost 3.5” off my waist, and have added an inch to my arms and an inch and a half to my legs. I’ve still progress to make, but I’m please with it so far. I even saw a visible difference this morning. It was a pretty neat feeling.