Has anyone tired MagicJack for your telephone?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't need it now because I just got cable triple play, but if the price goes too high after the 12 months I may try it.

Has anyone tried it or similar devices and if so how good so they work?

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally there commercials didn't even mention incoming phone calls. I have recently seen these commercials where they mention getting a phone number. I only wonder who wants to leave there computer running 24 hours a day just to receive phone calls. And can your computer take messages when your not at home. I once heard that a computer uses nearly as much electricity a month as a refrigerator. That would be about the 25 dollars a normal landline would cost a month. I have dsl and need phone service anyway.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I seem to recall Rec3000 saying it was a major rip-off either in chat or a thread a while back. You may want to PM him directly.

I don't need it now because I just got cable triple play, but if the price goes too high after the 12 months I may try it.

Has anyone tried it or similar devices and if so how good so they work?

pym

Just Browsing
Media
I'm not an expert on the subject, but i remember people that i've worked with at least 7 years ago discussing readily available FREE software that is available on line, that can be used via your computer{equipt with a MIKE and Speakers}to speak to anyone/anywhere via your computer to anyone else that is compatibly equipt. All you need is an internet connection.If you know how to 'HOOK-UP' and can talk your calling CIRCLE into doing the same install, No more expensive phone bills.Any nerds here that can expand on the subject, JUMP on IN.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not an expert on the subject, but i remember people that i've worked with at least 7 years ago discussing readily available FREE software that is available on line, that can be used via your computer{equipt with a MIKE and Speakers}to speak to anyone/anywhere via your computer to anyone else that is compatibly equipt. All you need is an internet connection.If you know how to 'HOOK-UP' and can talk your calling CIRCLE into doing the same install, No more expensive phone bills.Any nerds here that can expand on the subject, JUMP on IN.

Skye is one way to do that, but I think it's only computer to computer.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Yeah, that's what i was hoping i got across. I {guess?} it works ISP to ISP that are both compatible through the same 'connection' software. There's more than 1 way ta skin a Cat.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just bought a Magic Jack and so far it is working well. It's very easy to use. My Triple play with Cable is expiring and since I don't use the phone that much I will try this instead of paying an extra $40 a month to Comcast.