Has Oil Drilling off the Texas coast ruined the Texas coast?

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its pretty nasty. The beaches around galveston are full of tar balls. This is from small spills that are a normal occurrence of drilling. They are also from oil tankers washing their bilges out which is against the law. This just shows that more stringent regulation of the industry to make it cleaner don't really work that well.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was there a few days ago. It wasn't that bad. Yet.

Some days it's horrible, some it's clear blue. Just keep a big can of lighter fluid in the trunk in case you do get the tar ball feet. It's the only way it's coming off.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Some days it's horrible, some it's clear blue. Just keep a big can of lighter fluid in the trunk in case you do get the tar ball feet. It's the only way it's coming off.

Now you are gonna have people setting their feet on fire. :wink::biggrin1:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

A beach should never be like that.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Its pretty nasty. The beaches around galveston are full of tar balls. This is from small spills that are a normal occurrence of drilling. They are also from oil tankers washing their bilges out which is against the law. This just shows that more stringent regulation of the industry to make it cleaner don't really work that well.

I agree...the shores around Galveston are utterly disgusting. As teenagers, my buddy and I got our open-water certs and had the brilliant idea of renting some gear and doing a walk-in dive out there.

It was a total bust...we got shin-deep in the water and couldn't see our ankles.

It's very sad to think that's the same coastline and body of water as Pensacola. :sigh: