Has Sanity Finally Returned to the Men's Locker Room and Shower?

As some of you may know that have been reading the threads on communal shower and locker rooms, I am a big supporter of the communal shower and detest the shower stalls that have become so common nowadays. They are cramped, dirty, sexualize innocent male nudity, and rob men of comraderie.

I was blown away today when I went to tour a brand new gym in town. Finally, a gym owner that realizes there is nothing wrong with a communal shower in the men's locker room! I couldn't believe my eyes. To say that I'm happy about it is an understatement. I even complimented the owner of the gym directly on her smart decision to have the shower area communal. No more cramped space to shower, mould growing in crevices and on shower curtains and most importantly men can start acting like men again! As a smart business women, she realizes that it is to her benefit to have a communal shower rather than individual stalls as it is more cost effective and easier to maintain. Finally, common sense has returned to the gym industry. Everything old is new again!

I plan to start working out there again because I'm so fed up of my current gym which is overly conservative, uptight and unfriendly. They use shower stalls and have even gone as far as posting signs around the locker room forbidding nudity in the sauna and steam room. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed a similar trend. Have you found any gyms in your area (new or old) that are bringing back the communal shower? I truly hope that this is a trend that continues and this ridiculous shower stall fad and males being overly modest will eventually become a thing of the past! Ironically, the 100% communal shower at my university that got me over my modesty 20 years ago became 70% stalls and 30% communal 5 years ago. I have complained about this to the management at the university. I truly hope that they realize how crazy their decision was and change it back to the way it was for 35 years.

I would be really interested in hearing your stories - more so from guys that support communal showers and understand that it is not a sexual experience. Cheers! :cool:

Reactions: slipmoisi

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wow... all that over separate shower stalls VS one big room? haha...

funny u should say though, my gym, the other year, went through a big renovation, the old adult locker room was one big communal shower... after they were done, they extended the suana into that area, and now the showers are 6 separate stalls....i see no big deal..theres plenty of nasty fungi ridden communal showerrs as well... i wish u could see my old highschool showers! hahah, they were communal, and because of that, alot of freshman, sophomores, generally younger kids, would go home without showering after practice.. pretty nasty, if people are more comfortable in stalls, put in stalls...hygeine is more important than showing off your cock

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
are you assuming that because you're comfortable with group nudity that everyone else is?? certainly you can respect people's privacy as being a bit more important than your lust for open showers

Reactions: jinnie10

are you assuming that because you're comfortable with group nudity that everyone else is?? certainly you can respect people's privacy as being a bit more important than your lust for open showers

It's sad that you see it that way. If that's how you see it, I won't even waste my time explaining it because you will never get it. I was wondering a few days ago why so many people on this website are so hard on you and constantly criticize you so severely. Now I know.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's sad that you see it that way. If that's how you see it, I won't even waste my time explaining it because you will never get it. I was wondering a few days ago why so many people on this website are so hard on you and constantly criticize you so severely. Now I know.

i see nothing wrongn with what he said... at all..
like he said, peoples comfort is more important than your lust for open showers so you can stare at everyones dick and come back and tell us about it... get real, facts is MOST people want seperate stalls, not everyone likes standing in a open shower with 10 other naked strangers, some of whom are like the weirdos on this site who get off on lookin at cocks in the showers and walking around half erect thiknign eveyrone is lookin at them.........

ITS JUST A SHOWER!

i see nothing wrongn with what he said... at all..
like he said, peoples comfort is more important than your lust for open showers so you can stare at everyones dick and come back and tell us about it... get real, facts is MOST people want seperate stalls, not everyone likes standing in a open shower with 10 other naked strangers, some of whom are like the weirdos on this site who get off on lookin at cocks in the showers and walking around half erect thiknign eveyrone is lookin at them.........

ITS JUST A SHOWER!

Have you read any of the threads on this topic? I would say most guys support it. The ones who are overly uptight about it seem to be those guys who are insecure in their sexuality and masculinity. I'll stop waisting my time with you now because guys like you just don't get it and sexualize an experience that is anything but that. I feel sorry for you. Sigh...NEXT!

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if you dont wana hear peoples opinions on your opinions, my suggestion to you is..... dont post them in a public open forum, retard. stop crying because everyone doesnt agree with you.... if some people arnt comfortable with open communal showers (which most arnt.... none of my friends would come in the communal shower with me,, i got broken in from wrestling in highschool) they shouldnt be forced to use them.. simple as that, dont make a big deal out of nothing, thats all your doing right now... if someone doesnt wana stand in a communal shower with your ass, why does that bother you? the choice should be theirs..not everyone is a pervert who likes to stare at other guys dicks in the shower...

if you dont wana hear peoples opinions on your opinions, my suggestion to you is..... dont post them in a public open forum, retard. stop crying because everyone doesnt agree with you.... if some people arnt comfortable with open communal showers (which most arnt.... none of my friends would come in the communal shower with me,, i got broken in from wrestling in highschool) they shouldnt be forced to use them.. simple as that, dont make a big deal out of nothing, thats all your doing right now... if someone doesnt wana stand in a communal shower with your weird ass, why does that bother you? the choice should be theirs..not everyone is a pervert who likes to stare at other guys dicks in the shower...

This from a guy who posts pictures of his dick on the Internet? Who's the pervert here????

D

deleted257218

My local gym has a communal shower and nobody is afraid to use it. Probably because it's very old >.>

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"They are cramped, dirty, sexualize innocent male nudity, and rob men of camaraderie."

cramped? are you obeese?
dirty? what does the square footage of the shower have to do with the staff cleaning it regularly? the stalls at my gym are beautiful and spotless....
sexualize male nudity? no.... some people just dont like other guys staring at their dick... theres alot of weirdos out there..since when did privacy make something sexual? should all urinals be ripped out next, and replaced with troff style piss tanks where everyone stands shoulder to shoulder because you personally enjoy that more? you make no sense...
robe men of camraderie ? HUH>? so males can only bond in a shower, naked, all staring at eachothers dicks? you got issues bro.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I support it and think that if a guy has a problem with it, he is either ashamed about what nature blessed him with. or he is not comfortable with his body.

your also a homosexual, correct?
id sure love communal showers with woman as well...
some people dont want to shower in a room naked with a bunch of guys next to them, why is that so hard to understand? why should they be forced too? why should they have no choice? you guys are making no sense...if anything, both options should be provided, but since alot more want privacy, most gyms opt for stalls im sure

Ms.Teacher

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a big supporter of the communal shower and detest the shower stalls that have become so common nowadays. They are cramped, dirty, sexualize innocent male nudity, and rob men of comraderie.

Isn't it just a matter of personal preference?

A communal shower isn't going to be cramped but it can be dirty. And I'm not really sure how shower stalls can "sexualize innocent male nudity"?
And rob men of camaraderie? There's plenty of camaraderie going on when you are in the gym or playing a sport together.

What does showering together have to do with it?

No more cramped space to shower, mould growing in crevices and on shower curtains and most importantly men can start acting like men again!

Huh? So if a man prefers a private shower he's not a real man?

I would be really interested in hearing your stories - more so from guys that support communal showers and understand that it is not a sexual experience. Cheers! :cool:

Let's face it, many guys like to look at other guys naked whether they are gay or straight. A lot of it is comparing oneself to others; seeing how you stack up. No, it's not necessarily sexual for all men, but for some it may be.

Women don't need to shower together to bond or experience some kind of
camaraderie. We have tupperware parties, baby showers, and can go shopping together.:wink:

Spaguy

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
your also a homosexual, correct?
id sure love communal showers with woman as well...
some people dont want to shower in a room naked with a bunch of guys next to them, why is that so hard to understand? why should they be forced too? why should they have no choice? you guys are making no sense...if anything, both options should be provided, but since alot more want privacy, most gyms opt for stalls im sure

I'm straight and don't really mind communal showers or stalls - I'll shower wherever. For me the real point here is that so many guys have gotten TOO sensitive about others seeing their penises. Why do I care if a straight or gay guy sees my cock. Take a look, I hope you like and if you think my body is hot, then thank you. I have the same equipment than anyone else in a locker room. Why are men so shy in today's world. Nudity is not about sexuality.