has the locker room dynamic changed

manniner

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
just last saturday at the gym, to really fit handsome dudes showered, and completely got dressed in the shower stall shoes and all!

B_Rob15

Sexy Member
Media
I've definitely seen a change. I go to a lot of music festivals which usually have a more open minded crowd. Recently, I've found that I'm one of the few naked dudes in the shower which makes me feel like a perv but I find it more weird to wear something while in the shower. I couldn't believe that all the young gus were wearing underware or shorts while showering.

Good for you for sticking to what's more natural. More peeps need to not give in to an awkward feeling just for doing what's natural, for gosh sakes showering is NOT something that should be done clothed! I applauded you for sticking to the way it should be, if more do like you some of these younger guys you refer to will also start to feel more comfortable again slipping their shorts or underwear off and showering right too. Then the peer pressure will begin to go back to anyone being clothed in a shower feeling a bit awkward and NOT the other way around.

Good for you for sticking to what's more natural. More peeps need to not give in to an awkward feeling just for doing what's natural, for gosh sakes showering is NOT something that should be done clothed! I applauded you for sticking to the way it should be, if more do like you some of these younger guys you refer to will also start to feel more comfortable again slipping their shorts or underwear off and showering right too. Then the peer pressure will begin to go back to anyone being clothed in a shower feeling a bit awkward and NOT the other way around.

I do the same. I won't give in to this wierd hysteria. If you shower naked at home, why wouldn't you shower naked at a gym? To me, those who shower in their clothes are the wierdos, not the ones who shower naked. I find that once the younger guys see me doing it, they lighten up and start to shower normally as well.

Tanvir

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's only my opinion, but wearing a towel to or from the shower is a little disgusting. What kind of idiot showers, then dries off with a sweat-soaked towel? Why shower at all? What kind of idiot dries off after a shower, then wraps up in the same wet towel? Very nasty.

If you're going to look, then look. I'm not in the gym for a beauty pageant.

Some of the Mexicans are especially bold and, like myself, usually go to the showers naked and even share showers when it's crowded! Unbelievable! I've been to Bally's with a good Mexican friend, and he says they share because they don't want to be late for work and don't want to go smelling badly. Very cool.

The only guys, besides myself, who change clothes and shower at our gym are hispanics, Asians, Africans and maybe whites (I'm guessing) over 35. There are also some older blacks, perhaps American blacks, who don't cover up much. Typically it's young American whites who change under their towels and wrap up to go shower, no matter how fit or muscular they are. Very prudish and I never see anyone else doing this.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

hardboy_fll

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
wtf, stop bumping these threads. This issue has been discussed to death. ugh

What??? You couldn't stop your mouse from running over to the link and clicking on it?!

The points they are making are valid so they will continue to be discussed repeatedly.

D

deleted213967

What??? You couldn't stop your mouse from running over to the link and clicking on it?!

The points they are making are valid so they will continue to be discussed repeatedly.

Shhh! He has issues...and so do you judging from your avatar. I hope the dentist gave you a healthful dose of Vicodin. Enjoy!

vietballa

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

But everyone is saying the same thing over and over again. I could sum up everything in this thread in one sentence. There's no reason to keep talking about it.

D

deleted213967

But everyone is saying the same thing over and over again. I could sum up everything in this thread in one sentence. There's no reason to keep talking about it.

...and yet you do...and yet you spend all your time and very few posts in those related threads in an attempt to justify your psychosis with nudity (aside from lurking that is).

Nobody is forcing you to frequent a gym or using the lockerroom anywhere. Get a life!

B_Rob15

Sexy Member
Media

Well said. We have elections in the U.S. every year for things too, and yes the same issues are often discussed no matter what the office. It does NOT mean we should STOP discussing them. If someone is not interested than there are hundreds of other threads for them to go to instead of posting in a thread they have no interest in. Also I would rather we keep posting in a thread that already exists sometimes, than the alternative which often happens too, of new people re-creating a thread on the same topic that already exists, but they didn't know it.

Again, if you don't have in interest in a thread then feel free to ignore it, but knocking people for posting in a thread they want to that already exists is just silly. Let people post wherever and whenever they want about what they want, and if you are not interested then just ignore it and go to any of hundreds of other threads. I think bringing up threads that already exist is a service to continue a discussion rather than always creating another new thread on the same topic sometimes.

And this particular discussion some think is very important to correcting a current trend that is out of step with male behavior though-out most of our history and our truer healthier normal natural ways. I think some of you posting here in this thread are doing a real positive service to your fellow man but continuing to discuss it; as is evidenced in the video Linked BELOW -This is the way it should be and we should promote this as often as we can:

YouTube - Shower

Last edited:

hardboy_fll

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Exactly why I suggested in the past (as have others) that LPSG should mostly be a Wiki since the information really doesn't change much, but needs updating and addition from time to time. A message board is not well suited to this task.

Is this site even actively managed any more? I saw a "validated photo" thread that was last active over 1 year ago. The last post in that thread made it sound like the board owner had abandoned the site. Just asking, because if he's still around maybe he could be persuaded to add a wiki to the site. That would placate the irritable and provide a useful archive for the never-ending stream of newbies.

vietballa

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...and yet you do...and yet you spend all your time and very few posts in those related threads in an attempt to justify your psychosis with nudity (aside from lurking that is).

Nobody is forcing you to frequent a gym or using the lockerroom anywhere. Get a life!

Yes, I post in these threads in hopes that there won't be five billion of them cluttering up this forum.

Congrats. You're incredibly smart.

scarletfury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The comfortable way it should be:
Exactly. It's a locker room... nudity should be expected and if it bothers you that much, don't try to check out guys. It irks me so much that this bothers people when you aren't forced to get naked if you don't want, or look at others. Personally, I see no point to wearing clothes in a shower or covering up in fear.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a 20 year old who has NEVER gotten naked at a gym (not that I really go anyway), the answer is easy--we all fear that we'll have the smallest dicks. We also feel that levels of respect might change due to dick size hierarchy and/or reputations might be ruined ("Yeah, well, at least I don't have a small penis like you"). Also a lot of us Gen Y'ers were not circumcised as kids, so we have this whole new stigma. These are the main reasons, along with the traditional body issues such as being too fat, too skinny, etc.

I am comfortable about pretty much everything on my body except my dick. I honestly have no idea what size other guys are so I don't know. I also know lots of guys ARE circumcised and they have the upper hand still ("dirty"/"weird looking" brainwashing continues) so it doesn't help. To be honest, that was my first penis related insecurity, not my size. I'm pretty much getting over the size thing anyway, though. Either way, like I said, it's all just body issues and I think any guy my age can relate to everything I just mentioned.

Don't worry so much, in fact, be proud of your uncut cock. Since the first time I had sex with a guy with an uncut cock, I wish mine were uncut!