Has the tobacco tax stopped you from smoking?

How much is too much for a pack of cigarettes?

• I will stop smoking when cigarettes are $5 a pack

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I will stop smoking when cigarettes are $6 a pack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will stop smoking when cigarettes are $8 a pack

• I will stop smoking when cigarettes are $10 a pack

• It's my choice, I will never stop smoking.

• I will give up other things like cable tv to afford my cigarettes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Has the tobacco tax stopped you from smoking?

My beau hasn't stopped complaining about the new tobacco tax since it went into effect. The good thing is it may just get him to stop smoking. :smile: He had already started to cut back from his normal 3 packs a day a few months ago. He is looking into stopping techniques but in the past hasn't had any luck with patches or gums.
Have any of you tried Njoy. I have seen it advertised and sold at a lot of truckstops. I find it interesting that truckers seem to be their target demographic. I wonder if they sell them in college bookstores as well? Since many people start smoking in college. Apparently it's an artificial cigarette. There is a minimal amount of nicotine and it produces no smoke. :cool:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I quit smoking from October until March. Foolishly I started again. I have three cartons of duty free cigarettes in my freezer and when they are gone I'm done. Cigarettes are $9.50 a pack in NYC. That adds up to a decent vacation.

Mandee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't smoke and I never have, so it doesn't affect me. But, I reallly hate being around people when they're smoking, so I hope it does have some effect on those that do smoke, and maybe they'll all cut back a little and make our air a little easier to breathe! My grandmother smokes, and I have no idea how she affords it as it is, but maybe this will help her cut back. My father also smokes, but he lives in Oklahoma and so I never see him anyway. I talked to him today and he didn't mention anything about the tax, but I'm sure he's not happy about it. lol.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I roll my own usually, though when I've been in the US I usually purchase them cos (a) it's so much cheaper than here and (b) I get very weird looks.... but once I got to NY on the last trip... I was rolling again! They were over twice as much as they were in Georgia the day before! :eek:

I say 'rolling again'.... I should add 'when Nick8 would allow it'! :lmao:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
intelligence not only stopped me from smoking... it prevented me from ever starting.

Smoking is, without a doubt, among the stupidest things human beings do. Not nearly rewarding enough to be worth the cost in both money and health.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

This is not the first major tax, but it is substantial. I'm still smoking. I have heard from former smokers cold turkey is the best way to quit.

I thought that you only smoked poles. LOL