Has this murder been reported in the US?

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't understand why you think this.

The verdict seems a conclusion of sorts to the story.

It's a partial conclusion, excepting for the fact that there is an appeals process. From what I've gathered through news sources, the appeals process is a lengthy one and it will be a few years before any actual retrial would begin, which would eat into at least a sixth or a fifth of Ms.Knox's prison stay. Interesting that she was given 26 years when the boyfriend got 25.

The sentence itself was no surprise. Knox, whenever I saw images of her, seemed to carry with her an arrogance. Sadly, this may have influenced how the jury reached their verdict. We may never know.

In the past few days, this has become lead fodder once more, as it was a while back, twice. First when she was arrested and then when the trial began. Did she have anything to do with the murder? Only a few actually know, and I'm not one of those.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Northland?

Have you been to Italy or lived there and experienced law enforcement or how the Italian judicial system "works"?
Yes, I have been there, once for an entire 54 days-not living there though. Amazingly, I was never arrested there or experienced the direct actions of the law or the judicial system there. Am I to take it that you did? Your statement makes me wonder. That would also account for some of your views as you'd be addressing this from another vantage point.

That said, I did have conversations with various police department officials, lawyers, court workers etc. as part of a project which I was working on.

Stronzo said:
Nor do I.
That statement was not directed towards me. At the time, I had not yet posted in this thread.

See below.
Drifterwood responds to something said by SilverTrain

(I placed Drifterwood's response first)

This thread is ugly. Another example of nationalism infused into a discussion of "news".

The story has been in the US headlines for ages.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Is this not horrific enough, DD? A twenty year old ex jesuit college girl, allegedly enacting her rape fantasies to the end of murdering her flat mate?

Maybe it will get more attention when the film comes out. :rolleyes:

If the ex-jesuit college girl had been an American aswell as one of the murderers I imagine it would have got a little more attention in the U.S.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Northland said:
Yes, I have been there, once for an entire 54 days-not living there though. Amazingly, I was never arrested there or experienced the direct actions of the law or the judicial system there. Am I to take it that you did?

Take it anyway and anywhere you like.

Just veer clear of me while posting unless of course you simply get your jollies stirring the pot. You're snide and your innuendo is unappreciated. I haven't a clue who you are but you appear to lack any semblance of manners. You've got a monstrous chip on your shoulder and all efforts by me at assuaging your manner of approach are in vain.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

yes it is, FINALLY

now could we PLEASE get back to the natalie halloway story and show more of her cute blazed up assailant Jorhan Van Derschloot? or maybe there should be some update on Scott Peterson, a hidden prison shower cam or something?

homocide is only interesting if the sociopath is HOT.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
actually I disagree thadjock.

The unabomber Ted Kaczynski was no "looker". The case was fascinating.

well i didnt' get sucked into that one,

too many police artist renderings of men in hoodies, and no hot suspects.

even the conclusion of that case was a dud. he should have blown himself up. in the end he wasn't worthy of all the press. stringing us along for decades, and then it turns out he's a little insecure, jealous, manifesto writing hermit. ugh.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If the ex-jesuit college girl had been an American aswell as one of the murderers I imagine it would have got a little more attention in the U.S.

Oh there's nothing like a good murder to outrage the masses, especially when middle America can sympathize with the victim. Foreigners need not apply.

yes it is, FINALLY

now could we PLEASE get back to the natalie halloway story and show more of her cute blazed up assailant Jorhan Van Derschloot? or maybe there should be some update on Scott Peterson, a hidden prison shower cam or something?

Homocide is only interesting if the sociopath is HOT.

Scott Peterson shower cam? That's fuckin' hawt.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Scott Peterson shower cam? That's fuckin' hawt.

yeah if the california penal system won't allow the real thing maybe dean cain would be willing to do a mockumentary version for cable.

although i think real scott's ass would be hairy and dean's not so much.

still prefer the real thing.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
As alboner wrote in Stronzo's thread:

"This case has bewildered me from the time it was first reported. I read the news reports and I could make no sense of it. I don't mean that the case against Amanda Knox sounded implausible; I mean that no version of events sounded plausible. The only conclusion I draw from Ms. Knox's conviction is that the case is still full of obscurities."

This is why I posted this thread originally. I can't see that the full truth of what happened has come out even though three people who didn't owe each other anything have now been convicted. I was expecting that it would, but it hasn't.

The Jury sat through all the evidence and they made their decision.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As alboner wrote in Stronzo's thread:

"This case has bewildered me from the time it was first reported. I read the news reports and I could make no sense of it. I don't mean that the case against Amanda Knox sounded implausible; I mean that no version of events sounded plausible. The only conclusion I draw from Ms. Knox's conviction is that the case is still full of obscurities."

This is why I posted this thread originally. I can't see that the full truth of what happened has come out even though three people who didn't owe each other anything have now been convicted. I was expecting that it would, but it hasn't.

The Jury sat through all the evidence and they made their decision.
In a perfect world that would satisfy me I'm really on the fence. On the other hand I have been paying attention to this off and on, and she never struck me as someone who is innocent of the crime but rather as someone who is trying to appear innocent. I think she is guilty.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I have been there, once for an entire 54 days-not living there though. Amazingly, I was never arrested there or experienced the direct actions of the law or the judicial system there. Am I to take it that you did? Your statement makes me wonder. That would also account for some of your views as you'd be addressing this from another vantage point.

That said, I did have conversations with various police department officials, lawyers, court workers etc. as part of a project which I was working on.

Take it anyway and anywhere you like.

Just veer clear of me while posting unless of course you simply get your jollies stirring the pot. You're snide and your innuendo is unappreciated. I haven't a clue who you are but you appear to lack any semblance of manners. You've got a monstrous chip on your shoulder and all efforts by me at assuaging your manner of approach are in vain.

You asked me if I had been through the Italian prison and justice system I said I had not and asked if you had. I was asking in as polite a manner as I could, figuring that maybe you had been and therefore were able to shed a clearer light on how the system there works. As is the case with you in 99% of the posts where someone responds to you, you decided it was an attack. No, it was not, and no, I will not steer clear of anything and if you have chosen to read things into my posts then maybe you ought to learn how to read. I was not being snide or using innuendo. As for lacking any semblance of manners, look in the mirror sweetie.

Last edited:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
In a perfect world that would satisfy me I'm really on the fence. On the other hand I have been paying attention to this off and on, and she never struck me as someone who is innocent of the crime but rather as someone who is trying to appear innocent. I think she is guilty.

I was having a chat with a friend who is a judge and he said that in his experience she did not have the look of an innocent. What he meant was that he would have expected her to have shown the strain of being falsely accused over the last two years, serious weight loss, strain and stress, lack of sleep etc etc..

Of course this is secondary to the evidence, which includes death texts on her mobile phone, her footprints in Meredith's blood, her prints on a potential murder weapon, her final admission that she was in the house at the time etc etc..

Maybe one day one of them will say what actually happened, though I am not sure their word is reliable.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was having a chat with a friend who is a judge and he said that in his experience she did not have the look of an innocent. What he meant was that he would have expected her to have shown the strain of being falsely accused over the last two years, serious weight loss, strain and stress, lack of sleep etc etc..

Of course this is secondary to the evidence, which includes death texts on her mobile phone, her footprints in Meredith's blood, her prints on a potential murder weapon, her final admission that she was in the house at the time etc etc..

Maybe one day one of them will say what actually happened, though I am not sure their word is reliable.

Interesting...thanks for giving this additional information from an insider view (your friend the judge).

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Here is my theory/ies gathered from the evidence:

Meredith shagged her flatmate's boyfriend shortly before her death. Flatmate found out and went berserk and slit her throat. (size 7 shoe prints and finger prints have been found at thes scene and on Meredith's mobile phones, tests pending). Scene was staged to look like rape.

Roommate's boyfriend or the blond Italian guy she 'spurned' killed her...

But I'm leaning towards roommate theory. Think I'll be proved right?

PS the evidence is she had sex willingly shortly before death. I infer that must mean it was someone she knew and trusted. Since it was consensual, I don't think the person she had sex with would have been her killer.

The first thing I thought was it was the roommate and/or her boyfriend (at least he was in on it)

You've never googled Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, a/k/a "The Ken & Barbie Killers" a/k/a (him alone) "The Scarborough [Ontario] Strangler-Rapist", have you? Plenty of women hate other women. Sad but true.